Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After an update I can't see FractureEditorMode in 4.26 preview 7 anymore (plugins are checked), anyone else having this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by IdszNL View Post
      After an update I can't see FractureEditorMode in 4.26 preview 7 anymore (plugins are checked), anyone else having this problem?
      Chaos is not available in the 4.26 binary (launcher) versions - you'll have to compile the engine from source. Steps and documentation can be found in the OP.

Comment

Are physics collisions between static meshes just not working currently in the source build? They all have no collisions with each other, only geometry collections collide with other geometry collections and static meshes.

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post

Chaos is not available in the 4.26 binary (launcher) versions - you'll have to compile the engine from source. Steps and documentation can be found in the OP.
          Why they remove this tab last update?

Comment

I want to save the simulation results as a static grid, can it be convenient for me to create some broken assets

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post

What are you calling "the OP" ?

The Chaos documentation is broken, open this link and try to click on "Starting out" or "Further reading" : https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ion/index.html
              Physics > Graphics

Comment

Originally posted by Rainoxer View Post

What are you calling "the OP" ?

The Chaos documentation is broken, open this link and try to click on "Starting out" or "Further reading" : https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ion/index.html
                OP can mean "Original Poster" or "Original Post" - In this case I'm referring to the first post in the thread

Thanks - I've let the docs team know. For issues related to our documentation, you can post on the Documentation Feedback channel: https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...ation-feedback

Comment

Assuming you still have to build chaos in source even in the official 4.26 build?

Comment

Hello,
                    I'm on version 4.26.0 and in newly created project isn't avaiable Fracture Editor in Modes menu. Other Chaos stuff are normally available, only Fracture is missing for some reason.
                    I checked enabled plugins - all required Chaos plugins are enabled (including Fracture Editor), then I tried to create blank pure bluepring/ mixed C++/pure C++ project but without any luck.
                    Maybe I'm mistaken but according documentation and posts in UE 26 release thread it should work out of the box, yet it doesn't work.
                    Is it bug or it's intended and I really need enabled something?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyBFG View Post
                      Maybe I'm mistaken but according documentation and posts in UE 26 release thread it should work out of the box, yet it doesn't work.
                      Is it bug or it's intended and I really need enabled something?
                      Yes, you are mistaken - the binary Launcher Version does not include Chaos. You still have to compile 4.26.0 from Source as stated in the actual documentation https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...iew/index.html and as far as i understand, it will be that way until Chaos is out of Beta.

Comment

Hi,
                        One thing about 4.26 + Chaos source, we need to compile using TargetBuildEnvironment.Shared instead of .Unique.
                        If you compile with Unique the engine crashes with a lot of errors (Hololens, GarbageCollector, etcs), using Shared everything works fine.
                        I'll post on Documentation Forum suggesting the change.

Comment

The only version of Chaos I can get work is in 4.26 p5. Your explanations are chaotic. My 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
                            The only version of Chaos I can get work is in 4.26 p5. Your explanations are chaotic. My 2 cents.
                            I think the documentation here https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...iew/index.html is very clear. The only thing is that you must not change the BuildEnvironment (in the doc there is written you have to change: "BuildEnvironment = TargetBuildEnvironment.Unique;" ) - dont do that else the compiled engine will not run. I have a running 4.26.0 (release) source build with chaos

Comment

I changed it what was it before? thanks . I found it. It is compiling know.
                              Last edited by theProfessor; 12-10-2020, 02:20 PM.

Comment

It worked. Thanks for help. It took a little over 2hours. I have an I9 too.

Comment

Working...
                                X