This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post

Check out this url https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lfSFlMEwbE Made video of Chaos destruction using 4.25.
    Man can you even see how bad and unacceptable the performance are about that? That crazy fps drop wasn't there in the previous version. This is insane, I even suppose that depending on your pc and the number of chunks the engine would crash...

Comment

Has Epic said anything about releasing more content using Chaos? While the example demo is nice, it only really shows how things are built, and too few example of actual interactive objects, besides a column and a building.

Is there any content that Epic is working on to be released (what about that demo with the robots destroying the city?), or anything by the community to dissect?
      Artstation | 3D Artist | Krakow

Comment

Originally posted by Justo View Post
        Has Epic said anything about releasing more content using Chaos? While the example demo is nice, it only really shows how things are built, and too few example of actual interactive objects, besides a column and a building.

Is there any content that Epic is working on to be released (what about that demo with the robots destroying the city?), or anything by the community to dissect?
        It would be great to have the project with the robots. Epic how about it.

Comment

I will legit pay someone for me to zip up the build engine along with a working chaos demo !

Comment

Originally posted by ThirdEyeAgent View Post
            I will legit pay someone for me to zip up the build engine along with a working chaos demo !
            I have a rar file. 30,567,281,383 It is chaos 4.25. Did this movie with it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lfS...4WS-dI&index=3 Do you have a place that is big enough to take it? I don't want any money.
            Last edited by theProfessor; 06-09-2020, 10:41 AM.

Comment

I have a rar file. 30,567,281,383 It is chaos 4.25. Did this movie with it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lfS...4WS-dI&index=3 Do you have a place that is big enough to take it? I don't want any money.
              google drive ? Maybe split it up in rar parts. I think this would hugely help the community!

Comment

And is the chaos demo working specifically the second map with the two big buildings??

Comment

And is the chaos demo working specifically the second map with the two big buildings??

I didn't try either of the 2 big buildings. I did break the 30 gb file into 4 pieces 3 10gb and one 2gb.

Comment

I was able to get the demo running, by copying the files into a new empty project created by the compiled editor like DarknessFX wrote.

Compiling the Editor works for me by adding at least the following two lines to the UE4Editor.Target.cs. In my "demo" test build I added all the lines from DarknessFX post #446.

bCompileChaos = true;
                    bUseChaos = true;

Tested with 4.25/4.25.1 in VS17 and VS19.

Originally posted by DarknessFX View Post
                    To run the Demo:
                    With the UE425+Chaos editor working, build a Blank Project and then copy the ChaosDestructionDemo423\Content folder to this new project Blank\Content folder, this is the easier way (that I found) to run the Demo without problems.
                    --
                    Update: It's working on 4.25.1 too.

PS I have the same performance and moving obejcts problems stated by BaronS_88

The first building worked for me, the second is marked as "Out of Order - The 'Cached Simulation' feature is currently being refactored."".
                    Last edited by Aysberg; 06-09-2020, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aysberg View Post
                      I was able to get the demo running, by copying the files into a new empty project created by the compiled editor like DarknessFX wrote.

Compiling the Editor works for me by adding at least the following two lines to the UE4Editor.Target.cs. In my "demo" test build I added all the lines from DarknessFX post #446.

bCompileChaos = true;
                      bUseChaos = true;

Tested with 4.25/4.25.1 in VS17 and VS19.

PS I have the same performance and moving obejcts problems stated by BaronS_88

The first building worked for me, the second is marked as "Out of Order - The 'Cached Simulation' feature is currently being refactored."".
                      I’m having the exact same issue I hope the professors build source has those problems fixed. Because I have tried building from source too, and ended up with the same issues.
                      Last edited by ThirdEyeAgent; 06-10-2020, 10:50 PM.

Comment

I didn't try either of the 2 big buildings. I did break the 30 gb file into 4 pieces 3 10gb and one 2gb.
                        Can you try the two buildings first to make sure even your version works. Don’t want you to upload for no reason

Comment

Will Chaos destruction support per-fracturing and constraint set up out side of Unreal? I would like to do all of my fracturing and constraint processing in Houdini, then send to Unreal / Chaos. Cheers.

Comment

- I have 4.25,
                            - Inserted the 2 lines in compiled .CS file
                            - All chaos plugins activated...

Where is Chaos in the Editor?

Comment

Here is the url. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g14KYgQDlTs The building on the left very large. Chaos 4.25.1.

Comment

It looks like your geometry collection isn’t working

Comment

Working...
                                X