This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to spawn an geometry collection from blueprint,
    break it into peaces and than transform the geometry collection peaces into a static mesh or an instance?

All this i would like to do at run time.

Background: I want to use the awesome destruction in a landscape for a game.
    But as it seems having 100.000 and more destructable objects combined in several geometry collections, is leading to low performance.

Comment

Originally posted by V0xFire View Post
      theProfessor i have compiled and run my project using chaos in 4.24.2, however it now crashes when i have a geometry collection in the level, i have submitted a bug report

this is the error dialogue i get.

Assertion failed: false
      [File:D\UnrealEngine-4.24\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\Chaos\Public\Chaos/HeightField.h] [Line: 43]

anyone had any luck with this or is this going to be a waiting game?

I tried 4.24.2 this week and I encountered exactly the same problem.

HOWEVER, I then tried changing ProjectSettings -> Physics -> ChaosSettings -> DefaultThreadingModel to "SingleThread" instead of "TaskGraph" and I got this new crash log :

Code:
      Assertion failed: !HasAttribute(Name, Group)
      [File:C:\UE4_forks\UnrealEngine-4.24.3-release\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\GeometryCollectionCore\Public\GeometryCollection/ManagedArrayCollection.h] [Line: 120]

Do you know if Chaos is working fine in 4.25 ?
      Last edited by Rainoxer; 03-26-2020, 08:24 PM.
      Physics > Graphics

Comment

Originally posted by Rainoxer View Post

I tried 4.24.2 this week and I encountered exactly the same problem.

HOWEVER, I then tried changing ProjectSettings -> Physics -> ChaosSettings -> DefaultThreadingModel to "SingleThread" instead of "TaskGraph" and I got this new crash log :

Code:
        Assertion failed: !HasAttribute(Name, Group)
        [File:C:\UE4_forks\UnrealEngine-4.24.3-release\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\GeometryCollectionCore\Public\GeometryCollection/ManagedArrayCollection.h] [Line: 120]

Do you know if Chaos is working fine in 4.25 ?
        No,When you click play in editor,it crash,then epic fix it,but when you active chaos,it crash again.
        And if you switch level,it will also crash.

Comment

I have quite on Chaos. I just spent an hour with Apex with 4.25 and 4.24 it works OK. Maybe Chaos will work in 4.26. Probably the next century.

Comment

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
            I have quite on Chaos. I just spent an hour with Apex with 4.25 and 4.24 it works OK. Maybe Chaos will work in 4.26. Probably the next century.
            I recommend trying the gamework BLAST
            Physics > Graphics

Comment

Working...
            X