Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have the fps template in the 4.23.1 compiled. Would like to use fps character to destroy a GeoCollection. Oakman does it. When I use the fps the ball bounces of the GeoCollection. Help.

Comment

Hey guys,

I'm trying to incorporate Chaos into my dedicated server prototype, it all builds fine with no errors but when i run the instance and join it I cant fracture the geometry collections. it works fine in editor with 2 players and use dedicated server ticked.

Is it currently possible to cook Chaos into a dedicated server? VictorLerp

cheers
      Sam
      Samuel Cook
      Studio Head - Artifaction Studios

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Rabbit View Post
        Hey guys,

I'm trying to incorporate Chaos into my dedicated server prototype, it all builds fine with no errors but when i run the instance and join it I cant fracture the geometry collections. it works fine in editor with 2 players and use dedicated server ticked.

Is it currently possible to cook Chaos into a dedicated server? VictorLerp

cheers
        Sam
        Did you use 4.24.2? I can't find the source.

Comment

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post

Did you use 4.24.2? I can't find the source.
          Im now compiling the source for 4.24.2, takes a while. ill let you know if i get chaos working on it.
          Samuel Cook

Comment

Originally posted by V0xFire View Post

Im now compiling the source for 4.24.2, takes a while. ill let you know if i get chaos working on it.
            I can't get the source for 4.24.2 from github now. Very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post

I can't get the source for 4.24.2 from github now. Very strange.
              Source is always found here: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/releases
              Nilson Lima
              Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
              Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
              supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post
                I get a 404 error. I have been doing this for over a year and it worked.

Comment

Make sure you sign in to github to access
                  https://www.casualdistractiongames.com

Comment

theProfessor i have compiled and run my project using chaos in 4.24.2, however it now crashes when i have a geometry collection in the level, i have submitted a bug report

this is the error dialogue i get.

Assertion failed: false
                    [File:D\UnrealEngine-4.24\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\Chaos\Public\Chaos/HeightField.h] [Line: 43]

anyone had any luck with this or is this going to be a waiting game?
                    Last edited by V0xFire; 01-31-2020, 06:56 AM.
                    Samuel Cook

Comment

Updated to 4.24 source build. I'm using latest VS2019 (16.4.4)
                      I changed the UE4Editor.Target.cs for 4.24 to include bCompileChaos, bUseChaos.
                      Built engine & project and made sure all plugins were enabled. In the demo, none of the buttons work but when I step on the very last button, I see the Chaos box fracture for a second but the frames drop to 0 and I have to force close. Any idea what causes this? Don't think it's my system but could be. Quick specs: AMD 8150 w/ Sabertooth 990FX, 32gb RAM, RTX 2060

Also does Chaos support Cut-out Fracturing? Should I continue to stick with 4.20 Blast & Apex for now? Thanks!
                      Last edited by Lavanaut; 02-02-2020, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lavanaut View Post
                        Updated to 4.24 source build. I'm using latest VS2019 (16.4.4)
                        I changed the UE4Editor.Target.cs for 4.24 to include bCompileChaos, bUseChaos.
                        Built engine & project and made sure all plugins were enabled. In the demo, none of the buttons work but when I step on the very last button, I see the Chaos box fracture for a second but the frames drop to 0 and I have to force close. Any idea what causes this? Don't think it's my system but could be. Quick specs: AMD 8150 w/ Sabertooth 990FX, 32gb RAM, RTX 2060

Also does Chaos support Cut-out Fracturing? Should I continue to stick with 4.20 Blast & Apex for now? Thanks!
                        Lavanaut

We encountered issues with the 4.24 version of source build and chaos, you can use 4.23 which works nicely.

I doubt its your system with the specs you have, but you never know

By cut out fracturing im assuming you mean you want to cut out bullet holes from a mesh, this can defo be achieved using the fracturing tools as i have managed it, it depends on how you fracture ofc, bare in mind if you are looking to release really soon this isn't yet production ready but will hopefully be within the year

Sam
                        Samuel Cook

Comment

Does chaos build works for normal physics too, or it's just for destruction?

I've just compiled 4.24 with chaos following instructions from the documentation (modifying build.cs and enabling plugins), but when I try to use simple cube with physics enabled, it will not work correctly. Instead just falling on the ground it will either go through or turn in the air or stuck in some bizarre position. Also, physics constraints do nothing.
                          Modular Japanese HouseScaffold System
                          Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for Games
                          TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

Comment

I'm having a lot of trouble with chaos in package builds. When I create a package build, the chaos objects don't do anything. They don't fall down or break or anything.

The log has a bunch of lines like this

Code:
                            [2020.02.05-18.15.18:600][ 0]LogStreaming: Warning: FAsyncPackage::LoadImports for /Game/ChaosTests/Blueprints/GeometryCollectionParent_Blueprint: Skipping import GeometryCollectionDebugDrawComponent /Script/GeometryCollectionEngine.Default__GeometryCollectionActor:GeometryCollectionDrawComponent0, depends on missing native class
                            [2020.02.05-18.15.19:166][ 0]LogStreaming: Warning: FAsyncPackage::LoadImports for /Game/ChaosTests/Blueprints/BP_SkeletonWarlordCrumble_GeometryCollection_Blueprint: Skipping import GeometryCollectionDebugDrawComponent /Script/GeometryCollectionEngine.Default__GeometryCollectionActor:GeometryCollectionDrawComponent0, depends on missing native class
                            [2020.02.05-18.15.19:166][ 0]LogStreaming: Warning: FAsyncPackage::LoadImports for /Game/ChaosTests/Blueprints/BP_SkeletonFootmanCrumble_GeometryCollection_Blueprint: Skipping import GeometryCollectionDebugDrawComponent /Script/GeometryCollectionEngine.Default__GeometryCollectionActor:GeometryCollectionDrawComponent0, depends on missing native class
                            [2020.02.05-18.15.19:166][ 0]LogStreaming: Warning: FAsyncPackage::LoadImports for /Game/ChaosTests/Blueprints/BP_SkeletonFootman2Crumble_GeometryCollection_Blueprint: Skipping import GeometryCollectionDebugDrawComponent /Script/GeometryCollectionEngine.Default__GeometryCollectionActor:GeometryCollectionDrawComponent0, depends on missing native class
                            [2020.02.05-18.15.19:168][ 0]LogStreaming: Warning: FAsyncPackage::LoadImports for /Game/ChaosTests/Blueprints/BP_SkeletonArcherCrumble_GeometryCollection_Blueprint: Skipping import GeometryCollectionDebugDrawComponent /Script/GeometryCollectionEngine.Default__GeometryCollectionActor:GeometryCollectionDrawComponent0, depends on missing native class
                            [2020.02.05-18.15.19:197][ 0]LogStreaming: Warning: FAsyncPackage::LoadImports for /Game/ChaosTests/Blueprints/giant_boulder2_GeometryCollection_Blueprint: Skipping import GeometryCollectionDebugDrawComponent /Script/GeometryCollectionEngine.Default__GeometryCollectionActor:GeometryCollectionDrawComponent0, depends on missing native class
                            BP_SkeletonWarlordCrumble_GeometryCollection_Blueprint.Default__BP_SkeletonWarlordCrumble_GeometryCollection_Blueprint_C     (class BP_SkeletonWarlordCrumble_GeometryCollection_Blueprint_C)
                            [2020.02.05-18.15.21:219][  0]LogStreaming: Error:         Dep C_BEFORE_S Import    29   /Script/GeometryCollectionEngine.Default__GeometryCollectionActor
                            [2020.02.05-18.15.21:219][  0]LogStreaming: Error:         Dep S_BEFORE_C Import    19   /Script/GeometryCollectionEngine.GeometryCollectionDebugDrawComponent
                            [2020.02.05-18.15.21:219][  0]LogStreaming: Error:         Dep S_BEFORE_C Import    31   /Script/

Comment

So when is chaos out of beta so we dont have to go through this massive headache?

Comment

Originally posted by scha View Post
                                Does chaos build works for normal physics too, or it's just for destruction?

I've just compiled 4.24 with chaos following instructions from the documentation (modifying build.cs and enabling plugins), but when I try to use simple cube with physics enabled, it will not work correctly. Instead just falling on the ground it will either go through or turn in the air or stuck in some bizarre position. Also, physics constraints do nothing.
                                "Normal" physics won't work once Chaos is enabled. Jack Oakman shows how to use the current implementation to simulate static meshes on the livestream: YouTube link with timestamp

Comment

Working...
                                X