Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to enable Chaos

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I downloaded preview 7 from the launcher, I could see all the following plugins and enabled them
    • ChaosEditor
    • Planar Cut
    • Editable Mesh
    • Geometry

    Restarted the editor

    I can't seem to get the fracture editor in the modes tab. I guess it only works with the Github release branch code you compile yourself then?

    EDIT: Looks like Victor already answered a similar question..

    "You'll have to compile the engine from GitHub to use Chaos until it's out of Early Access, which will take a couple of engine versions."

    Not sure why we can see / enable the plugins in preview though.
    Last edited by THEAETIK; 08-25-2019, 07:42 AM.

    Comment


      Originally posted by scratscrat View Post
      Anybody know howto generate hit or overlap results with geometry collections? They seem to respond only to fields. And for example I can't make any object stand above a geometry collection.
      Good question. Would like to know the same. VictorLerp

      Comment


        I am having the same problem when I follow the instructions here. This is my UE4Editor.Target.cs:

        Code:
        using UnrealBuildTool;
        using System.Collections.Generic;
        
        public class UE4EditorTarget : TargetRules
        {
            public UE4EditorTarget( TargetInfo Target ) : base(Target)
            {
                Type = TargetType.Editor;
                bCompileChaos = true;
                BuildEnvironment = TargetBuildEnvironment.Unique;
                bBuildAllModules = true;
                ExtraModuleNames.Add("UE4Game");
        
        
            }
        }
        Once compiled, when I start UE4Editor.exe the following occurs. The error is always the same - highlighted in bold. (I've been trying to follow this thread and make this work since preview 4). Maybe its just best to wait for final release.

        Code:
        Fatal error: [File:C:/Users/max/Documents/GitHub/UnrealEngine/423/Engine/Source/Runtime/RenderCore/Private/RenderingThread.cpp] [Line: 836]
        Rendering thread exception:
        Assertion failed: !bInitializedSerializationHistory [File:C:/Users/max/Documents/GitHub/UnrealEngine/423/Engine/Source/Runtime/RenderCore/Private/Shader.cpp] [Line: 168]
        Shader type was loaded after engine init, use ELoadingPhase::PostConfigInit on your module to cause it to load earlier.
        
        
        Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x5327cde8
        
        0x00007ff9e27d5eb7 UE4Editor-RenderCore.dll!FRenderResource::InitResource() [C:\Users\max\Documents\GitHub\UnrealEngine\423\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderResource.cpp:82]
        0x00007ff9e28376ab UE4Editor-RenderCore.dll!TGraphTask<TEnqueueUniqueRenderCommandType<`BeginInitResource'::`2'::InitCommandName,<lambda_ca51434da6012349da95a9abb2880eb9> > >::ExecuteTask() [C:\Users\max\Documents\GitHub\UnrealEngine\423\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\TaskGraphInterfaces.h:847]
        0x00007ff9c2255465 UE4Editor-Core.dll!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [C:\Users\max\Documents\GitHub\UnrealEngine\423\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:686]
        0x00007ff9c2255813 UE4Editor-Core.dll!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [C:\Users\max\Documents\GitHub\UnrealEngine\423\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:583]
        0x00007ff9e286fd6b UE4Editor-RenderCore.dll!RenderingThreadMain() [C:\Users\max\Documents\GitHub\UnrealEngine\423\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp:340]
        0x00007ff9e287834e UE4Editor-RenderCore.dll!FRenderingThread::Run() [C:\Users\max\Documents\GitHub\UnrealEngine\423\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp:471]
        0x00007ff9c26a863f UE4Editor-Core.dll!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [C:\Users\max\Documents\GitHub\UnrealEngine\423\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsRunnableThread.cpp:96]
        0x00007ff9c269ec11 UE4Editor-Core.dll!FRunnableThreadWin::GuardedRun() [C:\Users\max\Documents\GitHub\UnrealEngine\423\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsRunnableThread.cpp:53]
        0x00007ffa32f57974 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
        0x00007ffa3569a271 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

        Comment


          Originally posted by mxnko View Post
          I am having the same problem when I follow the instructions here. This is my UE4Editor.Target.cs:

          Code:
          using UnrealBuildTool;
          using System.Collections.Generic;
          
          public class UE4EditorTarget : TargetRules
          {
          public UE4EditorTarget( TargetInfo Target ) : base(Target)
          {
          Type = TargetType.Editor;
          bCompileChaos = true;
          BuildEnvironment = TargetBuildEnvironment.Unique;
          bBuildAllModules = true;
          ExtraModuleNames.Add("UE4Game");
          
          
          }
          }
          Once compiled, when I start UE4Editor.exe the following occurs. The error is always the same - highlighted in bold. (I've been trying to follow this thread and make this work since preview 4). Maybe its just best to wait for final release.

          Code:
          Fatal error: [File:C:/Users/max/Documents/GitHub/UnrealEngine/423/Engine/Source/Runtime/RenderCore/Private/RenderingThread.cpp] [Line: 836]
          Rendering thread exception:
          Assertion failed: !bInitializedSerializationHistory [File:C:/Users/max/Documents/GitHub/UnrealEngine/423/Engine/Source/Runtime/RenderCore/Private/Shader.cpp] [Line: 168]
          Shader type was loaded after engine init, use ELoadingPhase::PostConfigInit on your module to cause it to load earlier.
          
          
          Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x5327cde8
          
          0x00007ff9e27d5eb7 UE4Editor-RenderCore.dll!FRenderResource::InitResource() [C:\Users\max\Documents\GitHub\UnrealEngine\423\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderResource.cpp:82]
          0x00007ff9e28376ab UE4Editor-RenderCore.dll!TGraphTask<TEnqueueUniqueRenderCommandType<`BeginInitResource'::`2'::InitCommandName,<lambda_ca51434da6012349da95a9abb2880eb9> > >::ExecuteTask() [C:\Users\max\Documents\GitHub\UnrealEngine\423\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\TaskGraphInterfaces.h:847]
          0x00007ff9c2255465 UE4Editor-Core.dll!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [C:\Users\max\Documents\GitHub\UnrealEngine\423\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:686]
          0x00007ff9c2255813 UE4Editor-Core.dll!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [C:\Users\max\Documents\GitHub\UnrealEngine\423\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:583]
          0x00007ff9e286fd6b UE4Editor-RenderCore.dll!RenderingThreadMain() [C:\Users\max\Documents\GitHub\UnrealEngine\423\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp:340]
          0x00007ff9e287834e UE4Editor-RenderCore.dll!FRenderingThread::Run() [C:\Users\max\Documents\GitHub\UnrealEngine\423\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp:471]
          0x00007ff9c26a863f UE4Editor-Core.dll!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [C:\Users\max\Documents\GitHub\UnrealEngine\423\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsRunnableThread.cpp:96]
          0x00007ff9c269ec11 UE4Editor-Core.dll!FRunnableThreadWin::GuardedRun() [C:\Users\max\Documents\GitHub\UnrealEngine\423\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsRunnableThread.cpp:53]
          0x00007ffa32f57974 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ffa3569a271 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []
          You should do:

          Code:
          public class UE4EditorTarget : TargetRules
          {
          public UE4EditorTarget( TargetInfo Target ) : base(Target)
          {
          Type = TargetType.Editor;
          BuildEnvironment = TargetBuildEnvironment.Shared;
          bBuildAllModules = true;
          ExtraModuleNames.Add("UE4Game");
          
          bCompileChaos = true;
          
          }
          }
          The difference is: "TargetBuildEnvironment.Shared"

          Comment


            Still no fracture editor in P8.

            Comment


              Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
              Still no fracture editor in P8.
              Unless I misread awhile back in this thread, Chaos will not be available via the launcher in 4.23. You must compile from source to use it until it's officially released in a later version. Don't quote me on this, though.

              Comment


                Originally posted by CitizenMM View Post

                Unless I misread awhile back in this thread, Chaos will not be available via the launcher in 4.23. You must compile from source to use it until it's officially released in a later version. Don't quote me on this, though.
                You are absolutely right. When Chaos comes out of its experimental state it will be part of the launcher. Until then you will always have to compile the version to be able to use it.

                I would definitely expect to need to compile it in 4.24 and 4.25, too.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by order66 View Post

                  You are absolutely right. When Chaos comes out of its experimental state it will be part of the launcher. Until then you will always have to compile the version to be able to use it.

                  I would definitely expect to need to compile it in 4.24 and 4.25, too.
                  I did a simple "linear regression analysis" for 4.25. Did not control all variables. I will be about 150 by then(ha,ha). I am getting good at compiling the source.(P3-P8). What I really would like is the content examples that has Chaos. Oakman had it in the video. Put the project in P9. I get the CubeStack created then the GeoCollection. Then cannot do the next step. Has anyone that does not work for Epic accomplished this. Please do a video. Use OBS it is free.

                  Comment


                    theProfessor Have you enabled the Fields plugin?

                    Comment


                      theProfessor The Content Examples project is separate and not found at GitHub, which is only the engine code. The Content Examples is found at the Learn tab at Epic's Launcher (you can see the latest one there up to UE4.22). Once the UE4.23 releases the project will receive an update marking it as 4.23 compatible and the examples with Chaos will be there, not in preview unfortunately.
                      Nilson Lima
                      Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                      Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

                      UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                      supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post
                        theProfessor Have you enabled the Fields plugin?
                        Yes, I have enabled the Fields system.

                        Comment


                          NilsonLima theProfessor It will not be part of the content example project. You'll be able to download a specific Chaos example project from the launcher under the Learn tab.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post
                            NilsonLima theProfessor It will not be part of the content example project. You'll be able to download a specific Chaos example project from the launcher under the Learn tab.
                            Interesting... probably the best since the feature is quite big and God knows we need more complex and compelling examples. I wish we could have something similar for Niagara.
                            Nilson Lima
                            Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                            Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

                            UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                            supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                            Comment


                              I have tried following all of the steps 3 times now and I still can not get past the generation of the project files. Not sure what I am doing wrong.
                              If someone has already resolved this can you please point me to the post with the solution?
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	NoProjFiles.jpg Views:	1 Size:	276.1 KB ID:	1658176
                              It looks like I might be missing certain file that are needed? I have installed github 4.23-preview 8 and have the latest VS 2017 installed as well. I am so close yet so far!
                              Any help would be greatly appreciated.

                              Comment


                                FX-R080T Could you enter your VS2017 installer and show which modules you installed along with it? A single picture will do it. There are certain modules which are necessary and might be missing, which will prevent the build to be successful.
                                Nilson Lima
                                Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                                Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

                                UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                                supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X