X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by theProfessor View Post

You can use the shooter chaosEx_05_gamepl. Move over the button. A cross-hair comes up then right click. If you ever get the fps to work let me know. Oakman does it his video.
    yes i used it and works decently, regarding the fps u must spawn a force field when projectile hit something, that's what oakman said during live training but i still have to try

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pellaaa93 View Post
    hey people i need help... i managed to create multiple geometrycollections and they work (break) perfectly, also field work great, then i was trying to break things shooting projectile but of course it doesn't work. I read that replacing sphere with a sphere geometrycollection as projectile should fix it and enable projectile to collide with the geometrycollection i want to break... but nothing changed, projectile still pass through. so after some test i realized that every different kind of geometrycollection doesn't interact with the other one. but if i duplicate the same one they do! for example i create 2 geometrycollection, 1 sphere 1 box, if i place sphere over the box when it fall down it just smash passing trough the box, but if i duplicate the box and make the second box to fall over the first collision work and they both break! is this a bug or am i missing something?
    You can use the shooter chaosEx_05_gamepl. Move over the button. A cross-hair comes up then right click. If you ever get the fps to work let me know. Oakman does it his video.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SkyDelete View Post
    Pellaaa93
    I guess it's related to the Cluster Group Index.
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...gandclustering
    i partially solved it by enabling linetracing but collision are very bugged on complex object...now i can break things with the firegun of chaos demo and normal projectile bounce on geometrycollection but i can't make it break things...with both impact or damage applied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Pellaaa93
    I guess it's related to the Cluster Group Index.
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...gandclustering

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pellaaa93 View Post
    hey people i need help... i managed to create multiple geometrycollections and they work (break) perfectly, also field work great, then i was trying to break things shooting projectile but of course it doesn't work. I read that replacing sphere with a sphere geometrycollection as projectile should fix it and enable projectile to collide with the geometrycollection i want to break... but nothing changed, projectile still pass through. so after some test i realized that every different kind of geometrycollection doesn't interact with the other one. but if i duplicate the same one they do! for example i create 2 geometrycollection, 1 sphere 1 box, if i place sphere over the box when it fall down it just smash passing trough the box, but if i duplicate the box and make the second box to fall over the first collision work and they both break! is this a bug or am i missing something?
    I need some help also with using the fps template. I am using the shooter from the demo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr8qjOZToA4
    How about some new tutorials? Oakman.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by lauramassot View Post
    New project opened in VS and engine 4.23 editor from Github, without anything fancy on it, fails at lighting build. No further explanation. Does anyone know what am I doing wrong?
    Did you build lightmass? Find it under Programs, right click and hit "Build", then try again!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New project opened in VS and engine 4.23 editor from Github, without anything fancy on it, fails at lighting build. No further explanation. Does anyone know what am I doing wrong?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by hmnyari View Post
    Do I have to make a project from launcher and use it?
    Yes, you should create a project and use that one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by hmnyari View Post
    I downloaded destruction demo from launcher.
    whould you please tell me where can I find demo folder??
    I looked for in vault chche folder, but there was nothing.
    It's in Documents/Unreal Projects by default i believe. So full the path is C:\Users\%YourWindowsUserName%\Documents\Unreal Projects\ChaosDestructionDemo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I downloaded destruction demo from launcher.
    whould you please tell me where can I find demo folder??
    I looked for in vault chche folder, but there was nothing.
    Last edited by hmnyari; 11-15-2019, 03:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by lazysnake61 View Post
    So chaos replaces the physx but is it on par with it in both cpu and gpu acceleration?
    When production ready it should already be way better than PhysX performance wise.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So chaos replaces the physx but is it on par with it in both cpu and gpu acceleration?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My 4.22.2 behavior tree stopped working on migration to 4.23.1.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Blood-PawWerewolf View Post

it currently insta-crashes the editor as of the current preview build.
    I am trying 4.24P1. Chaos is there. When I create a GeoCollection from a simple cube and put into a level. It crashes. 4.23.1 works OK.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X