X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Couple of questions as I start to dig deeper:

Does the standard LineTrace work only against the PhysX scene?
    Do Chaos objects exist in both PhysX and Chaos?

Thanks in advance for any insight
    [UPDATE]

Here are a few more assumptions/observations ( NOTE: they could be incorrect - feel free to correct)

Looks like the initial collision shape is in PhysX and remains event after being broken in Chaos. The Chaos broken pieces are not in PhysX.
    Hence, LineTraces work in the PhysX scene against teh initial unbroken shape.

Note: Each time you create Field System Actor Blueprint, it will need its own unique Field System asset to contain the data for the Field System being created.
    This means if you alt-drag an anchor it wont work till you create a new FieldSystem asset for it
    Last edited by OptimisticMonkey; 09-05-2019, 01:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also - Worth mentioning the last example (1.F) in ChaosExamples_05_Gameplay has a shooting example. Looks like the spawn a field at the impact location of the projectile

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by theProfessor View Post

There are 2 zipped files for 4.23 (368,220 and 370,124) . UnrealEngine-release.zip, UnrealEngine-4.23.0-release.zip Which one do I use.
    This is the page where you can go and pick the releases (the one which goes to the Epic Launcher), there you will choose the .zip for the release you want. If you went there then the UnrealEngine-4.23.0-release.zip is the correct one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    FYI - Some of the maps in the Chaos Demo Content Example take a looong time to load the first time. Just wait it out... dont cancel or interrupt. I hard stopped one and think I corrupted some of the fracture files in it. Also, for whatever reason, after switching the project to the compiled 4.23, it has to rebuild the engine again to launch the first time... gah

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

I think you need to run Setup.bat before running GenerateProjectFiles.bat... that might fix what is missing!
    There are 2 zipped files for 4.23 (368,220 and 370,124) . UnrealEngine-release.zip, UnrealEngine-4.23.0-release.zip Which one do I use.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
    When I run GenerateProjectFiles.bat I get "GenerateProjectFiles ERROR: It looks like you're missing some files that are required in order to generate projects. Please check that you've downloaded and unpacked the engine source code, binaries, content and third-party dependencies before running this script."
    I think you need to run Setup.bat before running GenerateProjectFiles.bat... that might fix what is missing!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When I run GenerateProjectFiles.bat I get "GenerateProjectFiles ERROR: It looks like you're missing some files that are required in order to generate projects. Please check that you've downloaded and unpacked the engine source code, binaries, content and third-party dependencies before running this script."

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by real_eu View Post
    Discovering modules, targets and source code for project...
    ERROR: Targets with a unique build environment cannot be built an installed engine.

Even if the official version is released, I still have to download it from github?. The learning classification in EpicLauncher can't be opened with the official version of .423.
    The 4.23 release notes states that Chaos still needs to be build from source if you want to test it. The 1st post in this thread was updated with the steps to make it work. You will need to compile the Chaos Demo project aswel with the compiled engine. To run it you will need to use Visual Studio or double click the .uproject file for the Chaos Demo after it was compiled (in my case I could only run it inside Visual Studio, the other option didn't work).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by FX-R080T View Post
    Hello again all,
    I was here last week asking if anyone can help with my UnrealBuildTool not working when trying to create the needed project files after running "GenerateProjectFile.bat".
    The error says: "Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Windows".
    I have no idea why this is only happening on my station as others who have been helping me can generate the files with no problem. Thank you very much to NilsonLima for all of you assistance in the past week but we are both doing the same exact steps yet I get this error.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	LastAttempt.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	331.1 KB
ID:	1660863
    Its been a frustrating 2 weeks troubleshooting but I do not want to give up now especially when I am so close.
    any help would be super greatly appreciated.
    Can you upload your "UnrealBuildTool.csproj" file?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Discovering modules, targets and source code for project...
    ERROR: Targets with a unique build environment cannot be built an installed engine.

Even if the official version is released, I still have to download it from github?. The learning classification in EpicLauncher can't be opened with the official version of .423.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello again all,
    I was here last week asking if anyone can help with my UnrealBuildTool not working when trying to create the needed project files after running "GenerateProjectFile.bat".
    The error says: "Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Windows".
    I have no idea why this is only happening on my station as others who have been helping me can generate the files with no problem. Thank you very much to NilsonLima for all of you assistance in the past week but we are both doing the same exact steps yet I get this error.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	LastAttempt.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	331.1 KB
ID:	1660863
    Its been a frustrating 2 weeks troubleshooting but I do not want to give up now especially when I am so close.
    any help would be super greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't understand why the Chaos Plugins are still visible in the plugins list, still not functional (as they were before this official release). I believe many other users will be severely confused by this effect as well.

I'm on the official launcher version:

https://i.imgur.com/wgtjByV.png
    Last edited by THEAETIK; 09-04-2019, 06:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by THEAETIK View Post

This is really confusing and disappointing.
    This is for the best in fact. Chaos traverse several modules within the engine and if it is unstable it would compromise the whole engine. You can rest assured this is a measure to prevent such issues and having it to be build from source will only happen to affect realistic the ones wanting to try the feature. All I can say is: Thank God it is this way!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by iBrews View Post
    Before everyone gets too excited about the official release of 4.23, just want to make sure everyone is aware that even now Chaos Destruction can still only be enabled by building from source.

This is really confusing and disappointing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have updated the initial post with links to our new documentation pages, and instructions on how you can get up and running with the Chaos Destruction Demo. Have fun!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X