Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would anyone using P4 do a short video with a Geometry collection and fps that shoots the GC and it is fractured. Allan Noon I would just like to see if it is possible. Thanks. OBS is great for videos.

Comment

Anyone know how to solve this error?
      Attached Files
      I have a dream...

Comment

Originally posted by Rainoxer View Post
        Anyone know how to solve this error?
        Disable HoloLens or modify the HoloLens.plugin to be loaded PostConfig like it says in the error.
        Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

Disable HoloLens or modify the HoloLens.plugin to be loaded PostConfig like it says in the error.
          I have no idea how to do this...
          According to HoloLensAR.uplugin, it's supposed to be already disabled... And it's also set on PostConfig loading...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Rainoxer; 08-06-2019, 01:51 PM.
          I have a dream...

Comment

Rainoxer, I had changed my UE4Editor.Target.cs to set BuildEnvironment = TargetBuildEnvironment.Shared;, to try and get it working, but I got that error. So after I changed it back to BuildEnvironment = TargetBuildEnvironment.Unique;, I was able to get load a new project.

Comment

Originally posted by xxAtrain223 View Post
              Rainoxer, I had changed my UE4Editor.Target.cs to set BuildEnvironment = TargetBuildEnvironment.Shared;, to try and get it working, but I got that error. So after I changed it back to BuildEnvironment = TargetBuildEnvironment.Unique;, I was able to get load a new project.
              Mine was already set on "Unique" so I did the opposite of what you said and set it on "Shared".
              The engine now starts!!!
              Last edited by Rainoxer; 08-06-2019, 11:03 PM.
              I have a dream...

Comment

I'm still having problems...
                The button to create a Geometry Collection is not showing up...
                I activated all the plugins required for Chaos...
                I have a dream...

Comment

It is in the Fracture Editor. You need to compile P4 from github.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
                    It is in the Fracture Editor. You need to compile P4 from github.
                    I'm using the Github version...
                    The problem is that I am not able to see this tab, but I managed to open it anyway. According to what I saw in this thread, the interface changed between Preview 2 & Preview 4. Watch my screenshots :
                    Attached Files
                    I have a dream...

Comment

Great work. You should be able to created the Geo. Collection. Use the fps to fracture. Let me know if you can shoot the GC and fracture it. I couldn't this to work.

Comment

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
                        Great work. You should be able to created the Geo. Collection. Use the fps to fracture. Let me know if you can shoot the GC and fracture it. I couldn't this to work.
                        https://youtu.be/iFKzXnIiH50?t=887

This is the solution
                        But I have no idea how to create a BP acting as an anchor field.
                        Last edited by Rainoxer; 08-07-2019, 02:58 PM.
                        I have a dream...

Comment

Yes, I have seen the video. I don't have the BP's. Allan Noon is working on a tutorial I think.

Comment

An NVidia engineer working on the BLAST GameWork once told me (about Blast) : if you fracture a mesh in 4 chunks, then all the 4 chunks will be loaded when you break a part of the mesh. So it's better to fracture a single mesh/chunk in 4 than in 20, for performances. Else, breaking a single chunk of your mesh would load all the 19 others.
                            (You can still fracture chunks in 4 smaller chunks to create children)

Is it working the same with Chaos?
                            I have a dream...

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'd like to try Chaos so I decided to follow the steps described by VictorLerp. But, unfortunately, when I click on the GitHub link, I have a "Page not found' with a beautiful "404 this is not the web page you are looking for."
                              I'm from France, is there any link with the country ?
                              Otherwise, can someone help me ?

Faërys

Comment

Originally posted by Faërys View Post
                                Hello everyone,

I'd like to try Chaos so I decided to follow the steps described by VictorLerp. But, unfortunately, when I click on the GitHub link, I have a "Page not found' with a beautiful "404 this is not the web page you are looking for."
                                I'm from France, is there any link with the country ?
                                Otherwise, can someone help me ?

Faërys
                                You need to create a GitHub account and inside your profile in Epic Games you need to link that GitHub account. Once you do that, your access will be granted.
                                Nilson Lima
                                Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                                Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                                supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X