This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post

I did clean compile of P3. I have loaded all the plugins. I do not see the Fracture editor.
    Did you add "bCompileChaos = true;" to the UE4Editor.Target.cs file before compiling?

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post

Thanks for flagging this! It's only temporary and will be fixed. I'll go ahead and add it to the notes for now, and will update them when it's no longer needed.
      VictorLerp, Now that we have Fracture and Geometry working, I tried enabling the "Fields" Plugin, and either it doesn't work, or I don't know quite how to use it and apply forces. I'm looking to do the destruction effect as seen in the RoboRecall video (though on a smaller scale) with my students. Would you have some insight on this, and/or a guide to the blueprint as in the video would be very helpful.

Thank you for all you do!
      Last edited by pstarace; 07-26-2019, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post

Did you add "bCompileChaos = true;" to the UE4Editor.Target.cs file before compiling?
        No. I take it would have to re-compile. 5 hours latter. I will wait for the finished version.

Comment

No. I take it would have to re-compile. 5 hours latter. I will wait for the finished version.
          Is this OK

using UnrealBuildTool;
          using System.Collections.Generic;

public class UE4EditorTarget : TargetRules
          {
          public UE4EditorTarget( TargetInfo Target ) : base(Target)
          {
          bCompileChaos = true;
          Type = TargetType.Editor;
          BuildEnvironment = TargetBuildEnvironment.Shared;
          bBuildAllModules = true;
          ExtraModuleNames.Add("UE4Game");
          }
          }

Comment

Fantastic it worked. Need a video on how to use the Fracture editor.

Comment

The GDC workflow is close enough to start using the fracture tool.

Comment

What is GDC?

Comment

What is GDC?
                  it’s the Game Developers Conference. It takes place about a month or 2 before E3.

Comment

I am saying a video on Chaos, fracture editor, etc. would be nice.

Comment

there’s a event I believe is happening until the 31st and there’s going to be another video soon.

Comment

Current videos on Chaos that will be of help:

One of the videos are from the GDC event that were mentioned btw.
                        Nilson Lima
                        Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                        Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                        supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

The first video is great. The menu's are different, however. Can we get the blueprints. They are great. Allan I am eulersosa on twitter.
                          Last edited by theProfessor; 07-31-2019, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Allan how are you coming on the new Chaos video. Using 4.23 P4? Please included the BP's. Click image for larger version

Name:	A_Noon.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	1648694

Comment

Hi theProfessor

Our teams have been working on a really nice Content Example type scene on the way for Chaos that includes a number of blueprints, all very well documented and commented.

4.23 is still prerelease and Chaos is preview/experimental stage, so please hang tight!

Technically, you can build your own set of BP Chaos actors as fields are an open system, but at this point, you'd be very tip of the spear; we do not have resources to support you in doing so right now.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanNoon View Post
                                Hi theProfessor

Our teams have been working on a really nice Content Example type scene on the way for Chaos that includes a number of blueprints, all very well documented and commented.

4.23 is still prerelease and Chaos is preview/experimental stage, so please hang tight!

Technically, you can build your own set of BP Chaos actors as fields are an open system, but at this point, you'd be very tip of the spear; we do not have resources to support you in doing so right now.

Can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X