This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Use 4.23. Chaos is not in 4.23.1. Waste of time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So I moved the chaos demo folder inside the ue4.23.1 folder (same one with engine,intermidiate etc folders). Ran generateproject.bat and opened the UE4.sln but there is no chaos demo listed ,only UE4?
    I tried manually generating and building chaos VS solution and it shows UE4 on top and Chaos demo on bottom. So I built chaos successfully but it won't open the ue4 editor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zim031 View Post
    Anyone else having a crash when trying to Generate Geometry Collection Asset?

Crash log breaks at D3D11Util.cpp "UE_LOG(LogD3D11RHI, Fatal,TEXT("%s failed \n at %s:%u \n with error %s"),ANSI_TO_TCHAR(Code),ANSI_TO_TCHAR(Filename),Line,*ErrorString);" Line 249

This is on a Win7 machine, I saw one person having issues with Win7. Anyone able to get this system to work on a Win7 machine. Note I get the same crash log when trying to run the Chaos Destruction Demo, just fails to launch the project. My assumption is that there are created Geometry assets it's trying to load as it happens around the same % of loading.
    chaos doesn't work on my win 7 machine either. it always crashes when trying to generate geometry collection asset.

[File:/engine/Source/Runtime/Windows/D3D11RHI/Private/D3D11Util.cpp][Line:249]
    Direct3DDeviceIMContext->Map(VertexBuffer->Resource,0,D3D11_MAP_WRITE_NO_OVERWRITE,0,&MappedSubresource)failed
    at
    File:/engine/Source/Runtime/Windows/D3D11RHI/Private/D3D11VertexBuffer.cpp:141
    with error E_INVALIDARG

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So after moving chaos destruction demo inside ue4 directory and generating project files, should I build UE4 or only Chaos Destruction Demo solution?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there any reason to get source for 4.23.1 and compile? Is the Chaos the same as 4.23?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anyone else having a crash when trying to Generate Geometry Collection Asset?

Crash log breaks at D3D11Util.cpp "UE_LOG(LogD3D11RHI, Fatal,TEXT("%s failed \n at %s:%u \n with error %s"),ANSI_TO_TCHAR(Code),ANSI_TO_TCHAR(Filename),Line,*ErrorString);" Line 249

This is on a Win7 machine, I saw one person having issues with Win7. Anyone able to get this system to work on a Win7 machine. Note I get the same crash log when trying to run the Chaos Destruction Demo, just fails to launch the project. My assumption is that there are created Geometry assets it's trying to load as it happens around the same % of loading.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    DarkS474 I am quite sure Epic has great plans on applying Chaos on Fortnite aswel. For next gen console and PC it will work great and I am sure mobile devices will have no choice, but get even more powerful, so all fit into Fortnite purposes on expanding and getting new features. I don't play Fortnite (never tried, but watched videos) but I am sure I will when they incorporate Chaos there, just to feel how it goes on different platforms.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

I think it is more stable than 1st appearance of Niagara Beta, which is astonishing since it is probably way more complex. I decided to wait another iteration on the engine to experiment more with it, but what I saw gave me lots of ideas already.
    That's good to hear.
    I am forced to keep going using PhysX but making BPs for runtime mesh swapping ready to add Chaos Geometry Collections and then disable the PhysX version. If UE 4.24 will have Chaos included with no need to compile from source I might start adding it to my project as long as the API won't then change too much. I still got a lot of work to do but I hope to be able to complete my first game next year probably in the 2nd half (if anything goes wrong I would have to postpone again...being a solo developer with a very small budget I can't do miracles unless a day started being 96hours+ here on Earth) and I will really need to have Chaos instead of PhysX for obvious performance reasons.
    Last edited by DarkS474; 10-20-2019, 09:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by lazysnake61 View Post
    So how stable is chaos beta?
    I think it is more stable than 1st appearance of Niagara Beta, which is astonishing since it is probably way more complex. I decided to wait another iteration on the engine to experiment more with it, but what I saw gave me lots of ideas already.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So how stable is chaos beta?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I get this error when I open Visual Studio before I go to Build > Build Solution

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AliG Mods View Post

I tried everything and it still reports errors.
    Is this your first time building from source? Because if it is, you might be missing some modules at Visual Studio that are needed to compile UE4. At Visual Studio Installer check if all modules under "Game Development with C++" are checked, Windows 10 SDK and if all .Net Development Framework are checked aswel.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Double check you are not clicking on the Clone/Download Zip button and instead are going into the "releases" link at the top:

I tried everything and it still reports errors.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    AliG Mods
    Try this https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...35#post1662635

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't know about anyone else, but when I try to access the Unreal git, period, the page can't be found. I've connected and downloaded source files before, but its just not there as of today.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X