X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post

It only has 4.0,4.1,4.2,4.3,and 4.4.
    If you scroll down the list at that combobox there are all the way from 4.0 to 4.23 plus all the modules in separate aswel. You have to click on the "Branch: release" button, not the link called "branches"
    Nilson Lima
    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Does someone has a fix to share, in order to not crash the editor when creating geometry collection?

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

If you scroll down the list at that combobox there are all the way from 4.0 to 4.23 plus all the modules in separate aswel. You have to click on the "Branch: release" button, not the link called "branches"
        I downloaded UnrealEngine-4.23-preview-1. zip. Is this the right one? After using "setup.bat". I get this error
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Comperror.PNG
Views:	91
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	1643056

Comment

I downloaded UnrealEngine-4.23-preview-1. zip. Is this the right one? After using "setup.bat". I get this error

Views:	91
ID:	1643056
          The error is because your Visual Studio 2017 installation misses some components and/or is not updated to the latest release. Since there is quite some time I don't do such type of install I might miss some info, looking for a tutorial would be best, but if my mind doesn't fail me, these components must be installed (execute Visual Studio Community 2017 install and click on Modify Button):

- .Net Core Cross Platform development
          - Game development with C++
          - .Net Desktop development (probably not)
          - Universal Windows Platform development (probably not)

Once the components download and install, you try to execute the setup.bat again.
          Nilson Lima
          Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
          Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
          supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Seems to be working .... but pieces dont sim - just hang in air. And having difficulty understanding how to use fields to apply forces... anybody know of any examples?
            Last edited by OptimisticMonkey; 07-17-2019, 10:12 AM.
            https://www.casualdistractiongames.com

Comment

Has someone got it working on a windows 7?

Comment

Originally posted by tomer_BAR View Post
                Has someone got it working on a windows 7?
                There's nothing in particular that blocks Chaos on Win 7. You should submit a bug report with your crash log (and post it here as well) so that we can identify if there are any issues with Win 7.

Comment

I have 4.23 preview 2. Does not crash but I don't see any geometry collection? I have the geometry collection plugin enabled, but when I right click I don't see it.

Comment

I have 4.23 preview 2. Does not crash but I don't see any geometry collection? I have the geometry collection plugin enabled, but when I right click I don't see it.
                    Did you download from Github?
                    --------------------------------------------------------
                    [New On Marketplace] Custom Character Creator
                    [Marketplace]Multiplayer Melee Combat System - Animated Crossbow

Comment

Originally posted by order66 View Post

Did you download from Github?
                      From the launcher. I have been trying for 2 days to it to work from Github with no success. Have done it(preview 2) from Github?

Comment

From the launcher. I have been trying for 2 days to it to work from Github with no success. Have done it(preview 2) from Github?
                        Chaos will only work if you download and compile the engine from GitHub. Follow the instructions on the first post of this thread

Comment

I don't see 4.23 P2 on github. I tried P1. When I try GenerateProjectFiles.bat I get this error

Views:	73
ID:	1643748
                          I have VS 2017 installed and did the update and the Game development with C++ is installed. I have written some C++ code and used it in 4.22.3 and it worked. I tried 4.23 P2 from the launcher. I installed all needed plugins. When I do a right click Physics in P2 I don't see Geometry Collections. Does P2 from the launcher work? I don't see P2 on github.

Comment

You need to install the .NET framework 4.6.2 target and framework you can pull that from the VS 2017 Installer / launcher

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post
                              Follow these steps to enable Chaos in 4.23 Preview:

1. Download 4.23 Preview from Github (source build is required, and we recommend you grab the latest preview version)
                              2. Add the following in the UE4Editor.Target.cs file:
                              Code:
                              bCompileChaos = true;
                              Your UE4Editor.Target.cs file should look like this:
                              Code:
                              public class UE4EditorTarget : TargetRules
                              {
                              public UE4EditorTarget( TargetInfo Target ) : base(Target)
                              {
                              Type = TargetType.Editor;
                              BuildEnvironment = TargetBuildEnvironment.Shared;
                              bBuildAllModules = true;
                              ExtraModuleNames.Add("UE4Game");

bCompileChaos = true;

}
                              }
                              3. Make sure the following plugins are enabled:

ChaosEditor
                              Planar Cut
                              Editable Mesh
                              Geometry

4. Build!

NOTE: This will enable Chaos for all of your Blueprint and C++ projects. If you'd like to enable Chaos per project, you will have to add the lines under step 2 to your project's Target.cs file and create a C++ project (it won't work with a Blueprint project).

Feel free to use this thread for discussions related to Chaos. We appreciate your feedback!
                              Can you add some quick instructions on how to make Chaos work in-game? I am able to create some a GeometryCollection and fracture the mesh, but the actual physics simulation doesn't want to start. E.g. if I place that mesh in the air, it is just stuck. Doesn't seem to be affected by Gravity or anything.
                              [New On Marketplace] Custom Character Creator
                              [Marketplace]Multiplayer Melee Combat System - Animated Crossbow

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post
                                Follow these steps to enable Chaos in 4.23 Preview:

1. Download 4.23 Preview from Github (source build is required, and we recommend you grab the latest preview version)
                                2. Add the following in the UE4Editor.Target.cs file:
                                Code:
                                bCompileChaos = true;
                                Your UE4Editor.Target.cs file should look like this:
                                Code:
                                public class UE4EditorTarget : TargetRules
                                {
                                public UE4EditorTarget( TargetInfo Target ) : base(Target)
                                {
                                Type = TargetType.Editor;
                                BuildEnvironment = TargetBuildEnvironment.Shared;
                                bBuildAllModules = true;
                                ExtraModuleNames.Add("UE4Game");

bCompileChaos = true;

}
                                }
                                3. Make sure the following plugins are enabled:

ChaosEditor
                                Planar Cut
                                Editable Mesh
                                Geometry

4. Build!

NOTE: This will enable Chaos for all of your Blueprint and C++ projects. If you'd like to enable Chaos per project, you will have to add the lines under step 2 to your project's Target.cs file and create a C++ project (it won't work with a Blueprint project).

Feel free to use this thread for discussions related to Chaos. We appreciate your feedback!
                                Please, could someone explain in which file add the plugins (point 3) before build the engine?

Thx

Davide

Comment

Working...
                                X