This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    The MathTest fatal Error occurs, when using Toolchain 14.23 and updated of Visual Studio.
    Load the Toolchain 14.22 (via VisualStudio Installer).
    Then, search for the "UEBuildWindows.cs" File and change Line 563 to:
    Code:
    static readonly VersionNumber DefaultVisualStudioToolChainVersion = VersionNumber.Parse("14.22.27905");
    Compile and it should work.

Remember, to put
    Code:
    BuildEnvironment = TargetBuildEnvironment.Unique;
            bCompileChaos = true;
    into your MyProjectEditor.Target.cs, too.. if you want to use Chaos in an existing Project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @lazysnake61
    Use spoiler wrapper.
    Last edited by S-ed; 10-31-2019, 05:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I did get 4.23.1 to compile. 4 hours latter.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here are the last two logs.

First one is successfull copmpilation of both UE4.sln and Chaosdemo,sln; second one is chaos demo only.

Spoiler

Spoiler
    Last edited by lazysnake61; 11-03-2019, 08:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post

You're required to use a source build from GitHub until Chaos is out of beta.
    I did get the source for 4.23.1 and did follow your instructions. I used the instructions for 4.21 - 4.23 and they all worked. Chaos OK. Is there any difference for 4.23.1?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by theProfessor; 10-29-2019, 02:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lazysnake61 If you're having issues with VS2019, try VS2017: https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/older-downloads/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by lazysnake61 View Post
    Is chaos completely left out of launcher build or supported with some limitations?
    You're required to use a source build from GitHub until Chaos is out of beta.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by lazysnake61 View Post
    Is chaos completely left out of launcher build or supported with some limitations?
    Yes, it is totally missing.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I did something very similar lazysnake61 and Chaos did not function. So order66 what did you do to get it to work?????? Be explicit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    -I dled the 4.23.1 release branch. Ran setup.bat.
    -Downloaded chaos demo from the launcher.Copied the chaos folder into 4.23.1 folder which has folders named Engine,Intermidiate etc.
    -Ran generateprojectfiles.bat . However, the UE4.sln file generated this way doesn't list chaos project in solution window.
    -I had to go into chaos folder, right-click on chaos's uproj file and select generate visual studio files to creat chaos .sln file,opening which lists chaos project at bottom and UE4 project on top. I have tried building and running all three projects separately. (UE4 only, UE4+Chaosdemo, chaosdemo only)
    - I have built successfully ( 0 errors or warning) in VS2019 using the 14.22 toolchain( latest toolchain has some bug.). All builds crash at 79% except chaos-only solution which crashes on 100% but doesn't launch the editor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
    Use 4.23. Chaos is not in 4.23.1. Waste of time.
    This is just ******** and a stupid thing to say... Don't listen to him. Chaos is in 4.23.1. and works fine!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Chaos is in 4.23.1, and the "how to" instructions works for both 4.23 and 4.23.1. Make sure you grab the correct branch on GitHub!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So 4.23.1 does not have chaos but 4.23 does? Not sure what sense this is making. Did Epic pull back on Chaos beta?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Whaaat! 4.23.1 has no chaos at all?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X