X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by iBrews View Post

I enabled the Blast plugin... still no dice. If you can figure out how you got it working it would be much appreciated! thank you.
    try these:

Click image for larger version

Name:	7FF544C59B4F436F93E1EA10F5080C34.jpeg
Views:	284
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	1642710

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Blood-PawWerewolf View Post

I got it working, but I don’t know what I did to get it to work.

all I did was enable some extra plugins, mess with some editor and project settings and messed with the geometry collection settings in the details pane.

edit: it could be that you had to enable the “blast” plugin.
    I enabled the Blast plugin... still no dice. If you can figure out how you got it working it would be much appreciated! thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Doctor Ergot View Post
    Oh yes, it works for me now. Managed to convert static meshes into fractured geometry. The mystery now is how to properly set up collision and trigger destruction?
    I got it working, but I don’t know what I did to get it to work.

all I did was enable some extra plugins, mess with some editor and project settings and messed with the geometry collection settings in the details pane.

edit: it could be that you had to enable the “blast” plugin.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh yes, it works for me now. Managed to convert static meshes into fractured geometry. The mystery now is how to properly set up collision and trigger destruction?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have the first person project started and while i was able to fracture the objects, I haven't been able to interact with them, via shooting. What else do we need for this workflow?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by pstarace View Post

Not having any luck adding this. Would you be able to post what your UE4Editor.Target.cs file looks like?

Thank you,

PatS
    I have updated the post with what the UE4Editor.Target.cs should look like, and revised a line that wasn't necessary.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Takashi.Suzuki View Post
    > I built you with Chaos enabled as described, but it crashes when I start the engine.
    > It looks like the shaders are not loaded, but do you need anything else?

This issue will be raised by loading WindowsMixedRealityPlugin at PostEngineInit phase. Normally it will be loaded at PostConfigInit.
    You can set EnableByDefault true in WindowsMixedRealityPlugin.uplugin to fix it temporarily.
    This worked for me! Well, kind of. So everything is loaded, Chaos Solver is in the scene by default, I can create geometry collections, I can fracture, etc. etc. BUT.... the geometry collections just seem to be stuck in space... they have no collision, no gravity, no mass. Also, in the video by AlanNoon at GDC, there seemed to be a slider in the fracture menu that let you preview pulling the fracture apart... as far as I can tell that's not in the preview.

Anyone know how to get Chaos Destruction working?? I'd be perfectly happy to start by just seeing a cube fall from the sky and break apart when it hits the ground.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
    I just loaded into Github. Where is 4.23 source? I did compile 4.10. And it worked. It was a while ago.
    With the page from GitHub opened with Unreal Engine 4 repository, you need to select in the combobox called "branch" the value: 4.23 at the dropdown list. Once you select that you can clone or download as zip file and follow the build process described in the front page of the repository. Minimum Visual Studio release supported is the VS 2017, it is not necessary build with VS 2019.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just loaded into Github. Where is 4.23 source? I did compile 4.10. And it worked. It was a while ago.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
    I am trying to use Chaos witn 4.23.1. Installed from the launcher. Will Chaos work with the 4.23.1 from the launcher? When I create geometry collection and then click on it Unreal crashes.
    It won't work from the version at launcher. You need to build the engine by source as the steps on the 1st post, and if you are not familiar with source build I recommend for you to wait when 4.23 releases.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am trying to use Chaos witn 4.23.1. Installed from the launcher. Will Chaos work with the 4.23.1 from the launcher? When I create geometry collection and then click on it Unreal crashes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    > I built you with Chaos enabled as described, but it crashes when I start the engine.
    > It looks like the shaders are not loaded, but do you need anything else?

This issue will be raised by loading WindowsMixedRealityPlugin at PostEngineInit phase. Normally it will be loaded at PostConfigInit.
    You can set EnableByDefault true in WindowsMixedRealityPlugin.uplugin to fix it temporarily.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post
    Follow these steps to enable Chaos in 4.23 Preview:

1. Download 4.23 Preview from Github (source build is required, and we recommend you grab the latest preview version)
    2. Add the following in the UE4Editor.Target.cs file:
    Code:
    bCompileChaos = true;
    BuildEnvironment = TargetBuildEnvironment.Unique;
    3. Make sure the following plugins are enabled:

ChaosEditor
    Planar Cut
    Editable Mesh
    Geometry

4. Build!

NOTE: This will enable Chaos for all of your Blueprint and C++ projects. If you'd like to enable Chaos per project, you will have to add the lines under step 2 to your project's Target.cs file and create a C++ project (it won't work with a Blueprint project).

Feel free to use this thread for discussions related to Chaos. We appreciate your feedback!

I built you with Chaos enabled as described, but it crashes when I start the engine.
    It looks like the shaders are not loaded, but do you need anything else?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190714_14h42_01.png
Views:	3285
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	1642134 ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• replied
    VictorLerp do the three plugins, that you have listed as requirement (Planar Cut, Editable Mesh and Geometry), have anything to do with the new advanced programmatic mesh features that we can see on trello?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've tried to generate Geometry Collection asset but immediately editor crashed.
    Here is UE4Editor.Target.cs code I've changed.
    Code:
    using UnrealBuildTool;
    using System.Collections.Generic;

public class UE4EditorTarget : TargetRules
    {
        public UE4EditorTarget( TargetInfo Target ) : base(Target)
        {
            Type = TargetType.Editor;
            bCompileChaos = true;
            BuildEnvironment = TargetBuildEnvironment.Unique;
            ExtraModuleNames.Add("UE4Game");
        }
    }
    }
    Last edited by tekktekk128; 07-13-2019, 09:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X