X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkyDelete View Post
    porckchop
    Probably a couple more versions, maybe 1-2 more years.

1-2 years until Chaos is out of beta? What?
    Epic Games is releasing at least 3 Unreal Engine versions each year.
    Virtual Texturing is going out of beta.
    Chaos won't take another 1-2 years from now. That is quite unlikely.
    Even because it has obviously been in internal alpha/beta stages and tests for a very long time already
    before they unveiled it to the world with the 4.23 release. Or do you think that they started coding it just
    a few months before the 4.23 release, perhaps?
    Also Niagara and Chaos are tied and they are improving Niagara features with Chaos. So expecting
    Chaos to remain in beta stage until 4.30 or later versions is just nonsense. Unless something really bad
    happens code and project wise forcing Epic Games to delay Chaos I would expect it to be production
    ready by 4.25 or 4.26. Probably after Chaos being production ready they will start unveiling the full PhysX
    replacement for all physics related simulations and not just destruction. Chaos won't replace other PhysX
    features and uses in UE4 but it seems obvious that it is just the beginning of a longer term plan to completely
    replace PhysX.
    Last edited by DarkS474; 11-05-2019, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Ok I finally got it compiled in VS19 using compiler 14.22.27905 and SDK 10.0.18362.0. Instead of building chaos demo's ue4 solution, I built UE4 SLN from GitHub source after rerunning setup and generate bat. Chaos clothes, solver etc enabled without trouble but haven't started using them yet.

The b compile chaos also needs to be in ue4.editor.target.ini like this,
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191106_191135.jpg Views:	0 Size:	184.5 KB ID:	1683364

Edit- Grr lighmass still needs to be built separately.
      Last edited by lazysnake61; 11-06-2019, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Epic Games updated UE4 roadmap pages, in the Future Releases section:

https://trello.com/b/TTAVI7Ny/ue4-roadmap

Chaos support on Mobile
        Chaos Physics (production ready)
        I would be surprised if that is going to happen anything later than 4.26 It seems pretty obvious that they need it for their own products and quickly adding support for Mobile too clearly hints at Fortnite as other developers suggested in this thread. Which is a good thing for all UE4 developers anyway. The APIs should quickly become rock-solid with bugs fixed at least that seems obvious. And I'd say along with Niagara and Virtual Texturing. These APIs got a development speed-up clearly for a reason.
        Last edited by DarkS474; 11-06-2019, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Chaos Destruction is planned to be built into the launcher engine by 4.25 (right after GDC 2020). Has anyone tried to build Chaos Destruction with 4.24 yet?
          Alex Coulombe
          Creative Director
          Agile Lens: Immersive Design
          New York City
          www.agilelens.com

Comment

Originally posted by iBrews View Post
            Chaos Destruction is planned to be built into the launcher engine by 4.25 (right after GDC 2020). Has anyone tried to build Chaos Destruction with 4.24 yet?
            it currently insta-crashes the editor as of the current preview build.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood-PawWerewolf View Post

it currently insta-crashes the editor as of the current preview build.
              I am trying 4.24P1. Chaos is there. When I create a GeoCollection from a simple cube and put into a level. It crashes. 4.23.1 works OK.

Comment

My 4.22.2 behavior tree stopped working on migration to 4.23.1.

Comment

So chaos replaces the physx but is it on par with it in both cpu and gpu acceleration?

Comment

Originally posted by lazysnake61 View Post
                    So chaos replaces the physx but is it on par with it in both cpu and gpu acceleration?
                    When production ready it should already be way better than PhysX performance wise.

Comment

I downloaded destruction demo from launcher.
                      whould you please tell me where can I find demo folder??
                      I looked for in vault chche folder, but there was nothing.
                      Do I have to make a project from launcher and use it?
                      Last edited by hmnyari; 11-15-2019, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hmnyari View Post
                        I downloaded destruction demo from launcher.
                        whould you please tell me where can I find demo folder??
                        I looked for in vault chche folder, but there was nothing.
                        It's in Documents/Unreal Projects by default i believe. So full the path is C:\Users\%YourWindowsUserName%\Documents\Unreal Projects\ChaosDestructionDemo

Comment

Originally posted by hmnyari View Post
                          Yes, you should create a project and use that one.
                          --------------------------------------------------------
                          [New On Marketplace] Custom Character Creator
                          [Marketplace]Multiplayer Melee Combat System - Animated Crossbow

Comment

New project opened in VS and engine 4.23 editor from Github, without anything fancy on it, fails at lighting build. No further explanation. Does anyone know what am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by lauramassot View Post
                              New project opened in VS and engine 4.23 editor from Github, without anything fancy on it, fails at lighting build. No further explanation. Does anyone know what am I doing wrong?
                              Did you build lightmass? Find it under Programs, right click and hit "Build", then try again!

Comment

hey people i need help... i managed to create multiple geometrycollections and they work (break) perfectly, also field work great, then i was trying to break things shooting projectile but of course it doesn't work. I read that replacing sphere with a sphere geometrycollection as projectile should fix it and enable projectile to collide with the geometrycollection i want to break... but nothing changed, projectile still pass through. so after some test i realized that every different kind of geometrycollection doesn't interact with the other one. but if i duplicate the same one they do! for example i create 2 geometrycollection, 1 sphere 1 box, if i place sphere over the box when it fall down it just smash passing trough the box, but if i duplicate the box and make the second box to fall over the first collision work and they both break! is this a bug or am i missing something?

Comment

Working...
                                X