Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did something very similar lazysnake61 and Chaos did not function. So order66 what did you do to get it to work?????? Be explicit.

Comment

Is chaos completely left out of launcher build or supported with some limitations?

Comment

Originally posted by lazysnake61 View Post
        Is chaos completely left out of launcher build or supported with some limitations?
        Yes, it is totally missing.

Comment

Originally posted by lazysnake61 View Post
          You're required to use a source build from GitHub until Chaos is out of beta.

Comment

lazysnake61 If you're having issues with VS2019, try VS2017: https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/older-downloads/

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post

I did get the source for 4.23.1 and did follow your instructions. I used the instructions for 4.21 - 4.23 and they all worked. Chaos OK. Is there any difference for 4.23.1?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by theProfessor; 10-29-2019, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Here are the last two logs.

First one is successfull copmpilation of both UE4.sln and Chaosdemo,sln; second one is chaos demo only.

Spoiler

Spoiler
                Last edited by lazysnake61; 11-03-2019, 08:22 PM.

Comment

I did get 4.23.1 to compile. 4 hours latter.

Comment

@lazysnake61
                    Use spoiler wrapper.
                    Last edited by S-ed; 10-31-2019, 05:46 PM.
                    Twitter | MinimalUI UE4 Editor Theme
                    Dark Themes for: Forum | AnswerHub | Everything else

Comment

The MathTest fatal Error occurs, when using Toolchain 14.23 and updated of Visual Studio.
                      Load the Toolchain 14.22 (via VisualStudio Installer).
                      Then, search for the "UEBuildWindows.cs" File and change Line 563 to:
                      Code:
                      static readonly VersionNumber DefaultVisualStudioToolChainVersion = VersionNumber.Parse("14.22.27905");
                      Compile and it should work.

Remember, to put
                      Code:
                      BuildEnvironment = TargetBuildEnvironment.Unique;
                              bCompileChaos = true;
                      into your MyProjectEditor.Target.cs, too.. if you want to use Chaos in an existing Project.

Comment

I would like to use the fps template in 4.23.1. Use it on some Geocollections. Can it be accomplished? If so can someone give me a jump start. Is Jack Oakman going to do some more videos on Chaos.

Comment

So should I build chaos demo or UE4 in VS?
                          edit- It's also giving error about something called openvr path registry being not found.
                          Last edited by lazysnake61; 11-04-2019, 01:21 AM.

Comment

When can we expect a UE4.23 launcher build to be released with chaos already integrated without the need of using a source build. Because using source limits you from using many Marketplace assets.

Comment

porckchop
                              Probably a couple more versions, maybe 1-2 more years.

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post

Comment

is there an alternative to chaos like Blast, i mean is there a launcher version of Blast maybe that you know of ?

Comment

Working...
                                X