Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, every time building in Visual basic it will get me errors that there are no files, but everything according to the instructions I have done. You don't know what it can be thank you for.

Comment

Originally posted by AliG Mods View Post
      Hello, every time building in Visual basic it will get me errors that there are no files, but everything according to the instructions I have done. You don't know what it can be thank you for.
      ..Visual Basic? That won't get you anywhere, you need to be using Visual Studio.

Comment

- you need to Visual Studio 2017 or 2019
        - you need to run Setup.bat in a command prompt with administrative rights (if in Windows)
        - you need to run GenerateProjectFiles.bat in a command prompt (if in Windows)
        - then you need to open the UE4.sln with Visual Studio and build command via menu.
        Nilson Lima
        Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
        Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
        supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Any word on when Chaos is going to a part of 4.23? I know it is still beta, but it is working for me. I would like to get the destruction in some of my apps.

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

- you need to Visual Studio 2017 or 2019
            - you need to run Setup.bat in a command prompt with administrative rights (if in Windows)
            - you need to run GenerateProjectFiles.bat in a command prompt (if in Windows)
            - then you need to open the UE4.sln with Visual Studio and build command via menu.
            I use Visual Studio 2019. I did everything according to the instructions as well as you and every time built it causes me errors that the files do not exist.Sorry for my mistake marking Visual Studio

Comment

I use Visual Studio 2019. I did everything according to the instructions as well as you and every time built it causes me errors that the files do not exist.Sorry for my mistake marking Visual Studio
              You need to make sure you got the source pinned for UE4.23, so at GitHub click on the link called "releases" and there you will see the sets for each release for UE4 where you can select any unpatched release aswel. Make sure you download the release 4.23, because you if don't do this and just get the current set at the repository, you will get recently pushed files and it won't match the release at all.
              Nilson Lima

Comment

Is there anyway to increase hitting force of the shooter in Chaos? What BP do I use?

Comment

You need to make sure you got the source pinned for UE4.23, so at GitHub click on the link called "releases" and there you will see the sets for each release for UE4 where you can select any unpatched release aswel. Make sure you download the release 4.23, because you if don't do this and just get the current set at the repository, you will get recently pushed files and it won't match the release at all.
                  I downloaded version 4.23 in zip file and followed the instructions

Comment

I downloaded version 4.23 in zip file and followed the instructions
                    Double check you are not clicking on the Clone/Download Zip button and instead are going into the "releases" link at the top:

Nilson Lima

Comment

For what's it worth, I had trouble too with the build complaining about a missing file when downloading the 4.23 release zip from GitHub, but it worked for me when I cloned the whole repository using git instead of downloading the zip and checked out the "4.23.0-release" tag before building. I also think I used Visual Studio 2017 rather than 2019, because I had had some trouble with building the engine with 2019 before (although I can't remember the specifics on that).

Comment

I don't know about anyone else, but when I try to access the Unreal git, period, the page can't be found. I've connected and downloaded source files before, but its just not there as of today.

Comment

AliG Mods
                          Try this https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...35#post1662635

Comment

Double check you are not clicking on the Clone/Download Zip button and instead are going into the "releases" link at the top:

I tried everything and it still reports errors.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I tried everything and it still reports errors.
                              Is this your first time building from source? Because if it is, you might be missing some modules at Visual Studio that are needed to compile UE4. At Visual Studio Installer check if all modules under "Game Development with C++" are checked, Windows 10 SDK and if all .Net Development Framework are checked aswel.
                              Nilson Lima

Comment

I get this error when I open Visual Studio before I go to Build > Build Solution

Comment

Working...
                                X