Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone tried geometry collections on Oculus Quest, or any android devices? It crashes after running, with error: Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:C:/UnrealEngine-4.23/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Public\Containers/Array.h] [Line: 614]

Comment

Does anyone else still not have collision between geometry collections and normal physical objects? I'm making a ball drop through a fractured mesh I made and it just phases right through.

Comment

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RecentAridBobcat-mobile.mp4
        Originally posted by GamesByH View Post
        Does anyone else still not have collision between geometry collections and normal physical objects? I'm making a ball drop through a fractured mesh I made and it just phases right through.
        I am having this issue as well.
        https://media.giphy.com/media/fwKEtv...VGTr/giphy.gif

Comment

GamesByH Same issue here, I hope someone can address this since I am not able to test Chaos properly.

This is what I did:

- Compiled UE4.23.1 from source without any problem
          - Opened a Blueprint project that I created with UE4.23.0 "Launcher Edition" creating a copy
          - Imported a static mesh from Blender
          - Created a Geometry Collection and left all default settings
          - Fractured the static mesh

So far so good

- Started the simulation

The static mesh completely ignores the plane I use as floor, it falls right through it and then it fractures once it touches the world floor (where the grid is).
          Any of the steps I did sound familiar to you? Maybe we are doing something wrong, I thought it was because I opened a project created with a previous version of the engine, I'm going to test this asap.

I tried messing around with the Geometry Collection settings, with the detail panel's settings, with the Chaos solver settings, no luck.

* UPDATE *

Even creating a brand new project doesn't seem to fix the issue, still no collision between Geometry Collections and other static meshes or physical assets.
          Any advice and help will be greatly appreciated, have a lovely day!
          Last edited by DxDen1004; 09-12-2019, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Small test.

Comment

Originally posted by svv3d View Post
              Small test.
              Any chance you would let me have the project file? Put it on Google drive. Or make a video. Did you use 4.23? Would you like money? ha.

Comment

I would like to use the fps to do Chaos destruction.
                Last edited by theProfessor; 09-15-2019, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Is it only me or playing building destruction from sequencer - the last example 4.A in Geometry map - doesn't work?

I did move Chaos assets to my own project with engine built from source. Everything else seems to work fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X