This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
    When I run GenerateProjectFiles.bat I get "GenerateProjectFiles ERROR: It looks like you're missing some files that are required in order to generate projects. Please check that you've downloaded and unpacked the engine source code, binaries, content and third-party dependencies before running this script."
    I think you need to run Setup.bat before running GenerateProjectFiles.bat... that might fix what is missing!
    Nilson Lima
    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

I think you need to run Setup.bat before running GenerateProjectFiles.bat... that might fix what is missing!
      There are 2 zipped files for 4.23 (368,220 and 370,124) . UnrealEngine-release.zip, UnrealEngine-4.23.0-release.zip Which one do I use.

Comment

FYI - Some of the maps in the Chaos Demo Content Example take a looong time to load the first time. Just wait it out... dont cancel or interrupt. I hard stopped one and think I corrupted some of the fracture files in it. Also, for whatever reason, after switching the project to the compiled 4.23, it has to rebuild the engine again to launch the first time... gah
        https://www.casualdistractiongames.com

Comment

There are 2 zipped files for 4.23 (368,220 and 370,124) . UnrealEngine-release.zip, UnrealEngine-4.23.0-release.zip Which one do I use.
          This is the page where you can go and pick the releases (the one which goes to the Epic Launcher), there you will choose the .zip for the release you want. If you went there then the UnrealEngine-4.23.0-release.zip is the correct one.
          Nilson Lima

Comment

Also - Worth mentioning the last example (1.F) in ChaosExamples_05_Gameplay has a shooting example. Looks like the spawn a field at the impact location of the projectile

Comment

Couple of questions as I start to dig deeper:

Does the standard LineTrace work only against the PhysX scene?
              Do Chaos objects exist in both PhysX and Chaos?

Thanks in advance for any insight
              [UPDATE]

Here are a few more assumptions/observations ( NOTE: they could be incorrect - feel free to correct)

Looks like the initial collision shape is in PhysX and remains event after being broken in Chaos. The Chaos broken pieces are not in PhysX.
              Hence, LineTraces work in the PhysX scene against teh initial unbroken shape.

Note: Each time you create Field System Actor Blueprint, it will need its own unique Field System asset to contain the data for the Field System being created.
              This means if you alt-drag an anchor it wont work till you create a new FieldSystem asset for it
              Last edited by OptimisticMonkey; 09-05-2019, 01:13 PM.

Comment

How much space does it require to build?

Comment

Originally posted by scratscrat View Post

Can you upload your "UnrealBuildTool.csproj" file?

scratscrat Sure here ya go. I uploaded it to my google drive. here's the link:
                  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_lg...DspVnBfIe/view

I am also trying to enable all Windows SDK options in my Visual Studio 2017 Installer just in case something is missing.
                  Thanks!
                  Last edited by FX-R080T; 09-05-2019, 03:28 PM.

Comment

When i compiled the over 3000 shaders for the 4.23 Chaos VS says:

Error C1083 File (Include) cannot be opened: "metahost.h": No such file or directory UE4 C:\Users\jan-e\Documents\UnrealEngine-4.23\UnrealEngine-4.23\Engine\Source\Editor\SwarmInterface\Private\SwarmInterface.cpp 21

Error MSB3075 The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat -Target="UE4Editor Win64 Development" -Target="ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" was terminated with code 5. Make sure that you are authorized to execute this command. UE4 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 44

Anyone an idea how to fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Yes, I have been running the Setup.bat file successfully without any problems. Its the next step when running "GenerateProjectFiles.bat" that is kicking my butt.
                      I am enabling all Windows SDK options in my Visual Studio 2017 Installer currently.

Comment

Originally posted by OptimisticMonkey View Post
                        Couple of questions as I start to dig deeper:

Does the standard LineTrace work only against the PhysX scene?
                        Do Chaos objects exist in both PhysX and Chaos?

Thanks in advance for any insight
                        [UPDATE]

Here are a few more assumptions/observations ( NOTE: they could be incorrect - feel free to correct)

Looks like the initial collision shape is in PhysX and remains event after being broken in Chaos. The Chaos broken pieces are not in PhysX.
                        Hence, LineTraces work in the PhysX scene against teh initial unbroken shape.

Note: Each time you create Field System Actor Blueprint, it will need its own unique Field System asset to contain the data for the Field System being created.
                        This means if you alt-drag an anchor it wont work till you create a new FieldSystem asset for it
                        How lone did it take to compile? I have an i9 and I am going about 4 hours.

Comment

How lone did it take to compile? I have an i9 and I am going about 4 hours.
                          With a 8 core 16 threads processor at 3.7GHz in a NVMe SSD in raid (which I use just for that) takes around 55-65min to compile, then you can duplicate the folder after that just in case you need the build from source without Chaos and in the copy you setup Chaos and takes another 20-25min if you include the Demo. The difference is because I try to do something in parallel, like seeing a video because waiting sucks.
                          Nilson Lima

Comment

Hm, everything works fine for me except for the Geometry Collections map, which freezes at 30% every time. So weird that everything else works
                            Last edited by iBrews; 09-05-2019, 06:52 PM.
                            Alex Coulombe
                            Creative Director
                            Agile Lens: Immersive Design
                            New York City
                            www.agilelens.com

Comment

IT GENERATED THE PROJECT FILES!!! WOOOOOO!!!
                              So two things... I enabled all Windows SDKs which after running again gave me a new error... It was at least running UnrealBuildTool now though except it was failing to create the project files still. Progress...

Then I noticed that in the example given by Epic where they say to modify your "UE4Editor.Target.cs" they do not include two lines that I had to leave in at the very top.

using UnrealBuildTool;
                              using System.Collections.Generic;

I added these back in and then ran "CreateProjectFiles.bat" and it finally worked! It created the project files and the needed UE4.sln file. I opened it in VS and it has finished compiling successfully. I am currently building the ChaosDestructionDemo from VS and everything is working going good so far... just taking for ever.

Comment

Originally posted by FX-R080T View Post
                                IT GENERATED THE PROJECT FILES!!! WOOOOOO!!!
                                So two things... I enabled all Windows SDKs which after running again gave me a new error... It was at least running UnrealBuildTool now though except it was failing to create the project files still. Progress...

Then I noticed that in the example given by Epic where they say to modify your "UE4Editor.Target.cs" they do not include two lines that I had to leave in at the very top.

using UnrealBuildTool;
                                using System.Collections.Generic;

I added these back in and then ran "CreateProjectFiles.bat" and it finally worked! It created the project files and the needed UE4.sln file. I opened it in VS and it has finished compiling successfully. I am currently building the ChaosDestructionDemo from VS and everything is working going good so far... just taking for ever.
                                That threw me off for a minute too-- VictorLerp
                                Alex Coulombe
                                Creative Director
                                Agile Lens: Immersive Design
                                New York City
                                www.agilelens.com

Comment

Working...
                                X