• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Where do you have a problem?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Has anyone other than employees of Epic been able to use this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx9dHgcN0bE&t=2580s to get Chaos to work. Oakman is using the content examples to help. I can't get past the CubeStack. Will try again today.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by scratscrat View Post
    Anybody know howto generate hit or overlap results with geometry collections? They seem to respond only to fields. And for example I can't make any object stand above a geometry collection.
    So nobody knows the answer? Like with a projectile, field activates only when hitting a geometry collection?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    FX-R080T I can't see if Game Development with C++ is selected, you can see it in the first tab called "Workloads" and make sure everything there is selected, it seems the only thing missing, if not, there might be any Windows Update, which is the latest Windows Update you installed?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    NilsonLima Let me know if you need multiple shots of the list on the left.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	VSInstall.jpg Views:	1 Size:	245.9 KB ID:	1658186
    Thanks!
    Last edited by FX-R080T; 08-28-2019, 07:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    FX-R080T Could you enter your VS2017 installer and show which modules you installed along with it? A single picture will do it. There are certain modules which are necessary and might be missing, which will prevent the build to be successful.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have tried following all of the steps 3 times now and I still can not get past the generation of the project files. Not sure what I am doing wrong.
    If someone has already resolved this can you please point me to the post with the solution?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	NoProjFiles.jpg Views:	1 Size:	276.1 KB ID:	1658176
    It looks like I might be missing certain file that are needed? I have installed github 4.23-preview 8 and have the latest VS 2017 installed as well. I am so close yet so far!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post
    NilsonLima theProfessor It will not be part of the content example project. You'll be able to download a specific Chaos example project from the launcher under the Learn tab.
    Interesting... probably the best since the feature is quite big and God knows we need more complex and compelling examples. I wish we could have something similar for Niagara.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    NilsonLima theProfessor It will not be part of the content example project. You'll be able to download a specific Chaos example project from the launcher under the Learn tab.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post
    theProfessor Have you enabled the Fields plugin?
    Yes, I have enabled the Fields system.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    theProfessor The Content Examples project is separate and not found at GitHub, which is only the engine code. The Content Examples is found at the Learn tab at Epic's Launcher (you can see the latest one there up to UE4.22). Once the UE4.23 releases the project will receive an update marking it as 4.23 compatible and the examples with Chaos will be there, not in preview unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    theProfessor Have you enabled the Fields plugin?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by order66 View Post

You are absolutely right. When Chaos comes out of its experimental state it will be part of the launcher. Until then you will always have to compile the version to be able to use it.

I would definitely expect to need to compile it in 4.24 and 4.25, too.
    I did a simple "linear regression analysis" for 4.25. Did not control all variables. I will be about 150 by then(ha,ha). I am getting good at compiling the source.(P3-P8). What I really would like is the content examples that has Chaos. Oakman had it in the video. Put the project in P9. I get the CubeStack created then the GeoCollection. Then cannot do the next step. Has anyone that does not work for Epic accomplished this. Please do a video. Use OBS it is free.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CitizenMM View Post

Unless I misread awhile back in this thread, Chaos will not be available via the launcher in 4.23. You must compile from source to use it until it's officially released in a later version. Don't quote me on this, though.
    You are absolutely right. When Chaos comes out of its experimental state it will be part of the launcher. Until then you will always have to compile the version to be able to use it.

I would definitely expect to need to compile it in 4.24 and 4.25, too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
    Still no fracture editor in P8.
    Unless I misread awhile back in this thread, Chaos will not be available via the launcher in 4.23. You must compile from source to use it until it's officially released in a later version. Don't quote me on this, though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X