This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    UE 4.23.0 has been released! Thanks to all for your feedback and help testing during the Preview. I am now going to close this thread. Please continue any 4.23 discussions in the linked thread.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Alex O View Post

It's the 4.23.0 release. (Restart your launcher if you still see 'Preview 8' next to version)
    I see, I see the release notes as well. Mine still says preview 8 after relaunching it a couple of times. Maybe I need a launcher update as well, in any case, I can see the update provides a newer build number than preview 8 was.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Finding the HDR backdrop really useful.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by REC View Post
    So I'm curious to know what this update was about? It still says preview 8, was it meant to be preview 9?
    It's the 4.23.0 release. (Restart your launcher if you still see 'Preview 8' next to version)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So I'm curious to know what this update was about? It still says preview 8, was it meant to be preview 9?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow that's a big update. 8 GB

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by imaekgames View Post

How are you using Mobile HDR on Quest?!
    I'm guessing he's not really, just testing it. Does anyone have an issues link to upvote this? Would also like to use render targets on a future quest project

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by PolyBionics View Post

Hi I have this issue as well on the Quest, it currently happens in version 4.22.3. my Render Target only works when Mobile HDR is ticked.
    How are you using Mobile HDR on Quest?!

Leave a comment:

• commented on 's reply
    Try manually performing the update on the installed Datasmith plugin. (From the Launcher's Library page, under the "Installed Plugins" option)

• replied
    I just got this with preview 8:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	34
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	1660071

This is from the 4.22 patch notes (and I managed a build in 4.23 preview 6):

Code:
    Fixed! UE-71558 Failing to load Windows Mixed Reality Interop Library when enabling the WMR plugin while on valid Windows versions
    Fixed! UE-71625 Failing to load Windows Mixed Reality Interop Library when launching onto or running a package on Windows
    Did I just encounter a regression?

I also get about 0.1 FPS when I play VR preview, and only 3DOF tracking, and when I press stop to get back to the Unreal editor, the 0.1 FPS remains until I restart it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sbmdv View Post

I found that for some reason specular values greater than 0 affect the refraction in 4.23 P8. Can you confirm this?
    It seems that the specular has no effect in my project

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SuperRey View Post
    Am I reading it right?

UE-76520 HTML5 needs to be marked as to be deprecated in 4.23

HTML5 is being deprecated? No more export to web?
    it seems like they dont develop this feature further, but i guess we can still export for HTML5

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Am I reading it right?

UE-76520 HTML5 needs to be marked as to be deprecated in 4.23

HTML5 is being deprecated? No more export to web?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Importing UDIMs works well but I'm getting an instant crash when trying to reimport via the content browser.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Monaco35 View Post
    Where did the HDRI backdrop go in Unreal Engine 4.23 preview 8?
    It got its own plugin that you need to enable now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X