X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mellnik View Post
    Virtual Texturing

Thank you Unreal gods.
    I was pushing this ever since i was working at Epic. Love to see it finally come to fruition. Wohoo!
    Twitter - @TheKRushin

Feel free to ask questions and come learn to be an #UnrealDev

How to report a Bug

Comment

For some reason I can't submit a bug for preview versions, but it's pretty simple:

RenderTarget crash with "Auto Generate Mips" in DirectX 12:
      1. Start a new project (i used first person blueprint)
      2. Once open, in Project Settings->Platform->Windows, switch the default RHI to DirectX 12. Restart the editor.
      3. Create a new RenderTarget, open the asset and check "Auto Generate Mips". This crashes the editor. If you repeat the steps with DirectX 11 as the RHI it will not crash.
      George Rolfe.
      Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

I compiled Github source code but I can't find Chaos Editor in Mod panel.
        Does anyone have the same issues?

Comment

Will SSGI be included in the final release? If not, can anyone please make a plugin from the available code...

Comment

Originally posted by redfox22x View Post
            Will SSGI be included in the final release? If not, can anyone please make a plugin from the available code...
            SSGI is in the 4.23 release, however, it can only be enabled via console variable at this time. It's not a final, production-ready feature and we are not calling it out in the release notes or marketing it in any way for this release. There is still some work to do with it and it should be ready for 4.24 with more information and accompanying documentation. Until then, it's there in the builds if you want to try it out but it's hidden.
            Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
            UE4 Documentation

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post

SSGI is in the 4.23 release, however, it can only be enabled via console variable at this time. It's not a final, production-ready feature and we are not calling it out in the release notes or marketing it in any way for this release. There is still some work to do with it and it should be ready for 4.24 with more information and accompanying documentation. Until then, it's there in the builds if you want to try it out but it's hidden.
              As for SSGI, I tested SSGI in Dev_Rendern before and found that SSGI can be combined with RTAO normally, but in the latest 4.23 Preview 1, opening SSGI will cause RTAO to fail completely.

Moreover, if you want to use RTGI, you must adjust the strength of RTAO to 0.

Another problem is that RT translucency seems to have failed and cannot be turned on properly.

In fact, prior to this, the 4.22 version of RayTrace had Bugs that could not be displayed at the same time as LPV. When I turned on RT Shadow, the effect of LPV completely disappeared, which meant that I could not find any GI in real time. In order to have real-time GI effect, I had to turn off RT Shadow, or no LPV effect.

There are too many problems with RayTrace effect in 4.22. For example, there are many material modes that do not support it. TwoSideFoliage mode is supported in the introduction of documents. But when I turn on RT GI, the material of TwoSideFoliage mode becomes very strange.

I don't know how many improvements can be seen in 4.23 RayTrace. At least for now, it seems that only Foliage and Landscepe, ISM support can be seen. (Also, ISM and HISM, Foliage don't seem to perform well?)

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post

That's great news Tim thank you. I'll wait for the .23 final to test it out.

Comment

The new ssgi is very cool as addition!
                  But i am sad we only got a small slider for shadows :/ The shadows could really need a proper upgrade, something like smoothing without loosing resolution... Maybe screen sampled shadows.

Comment

is there a place where we can provide some feature requests?. i really want landscape editing in runtime without messing with the unreal code since i think we cant release games with unreal edited code. i am really okay with the feature being only provided to c++ but i just really want it so that we can easily edit on runtime and even get stuff like heightmap exported with code on runtime.

Comment

Originally posted by SupDeity View Post
                      since I think we cant release games with unreal edited code
                      Of course, you can release game developed on the modified engine.
                      The only issue is you'd have modified it for yourself. There's no need to request that feature - it has been mentioned many times.

Comment

VR + Ray Tracing not working at all (since 4.22)

The question is will it ever working? 4.23 release? 4.24? 5.XX?

Comment

Originally posted by HUNKER80 View Post

VR needs 120FPS. There's no way you're going to do RT and keep those frame rates. Maybe in a few years, but I definitely wouldn't try it now.
                          Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Anything new related to Oculus Quest platform?

Comment

Originally posted by HUNKER80 View Post

In the release notes you can can find this :

Ray Tracing Improvements. We have a number of new improvements to highlight - some are:
                              • Performance and Stability improvements to reduce technical debt and reduce crashes
                              • Sampling improvements with Ray Tracer and Path Tracer
                              • Newly supported geometry types and material types
                              • Multi-view support for VR and Split-Screen
                              For me it means RTX gets VR support...

Comment

The Unreal Engine now supports additional video codecs, making it easier to integrate Unreal into professional video production pipelines and workflows.
                                What are the new codecs that are supported/how are they supported? Is this for use with media player, or sequencer output, or something else?

Comment

Working...
                                X