Originally posted by Schwingggg View Post
    I've managed to get it to work.

You want to add this to UE4Editor.Target.cs:

bCompilePhysX = false;
    bCompileChaos = true;
    bUseChaos = true;
    bEnableMeshEditor = true;

However upon trying to load the FPS Template it crashes at:

Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\PhysicsEngine\Experimental\PhysInterface_Chaos.cpp line 879: check(Scale[0] == Scale[1] && Scale[1] == Scale[2]);

You can see the picture here of what seems to be the "official" Fracture Editor. And the voronoi volume used to fracture the mesh. I tried using the "Mesh Editor" tab method of fracturing and it crashed with something like "FName == None", don't remember.

But fracturing does work with the Fracture Editor, it generates the Geometry Collection with no crashes. Was able to play the level and the pieces fell apart instantly.

I have not been able to find the Fracture Editor tab, even though it's enabled as a plugin. Right now, any time I select a Geometry Collection with the Mesh Editor tab open, I get a crash:

Assertion failed: TransformBuffer.NumTransforms == DynamicData->Transforms.Num() [File: D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Experimental/GeometryCollectionEngine/Private/GeometryCollection/GeometryCollectionSceneProxy.cpp] [Line: 465]

UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsErrorOutputDevice::Serialize() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowserroroutputdevice.cpp:79]
    UE4Editor_Core!FOutputDevice::LogfImpl() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:71]
    UE4Editor_Core!AssertFailedImplV() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:101]
    UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::CheckVerifyFailedImpl() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:445]
    UE4Editor_GeometryCollectionEngine!FGeometryCollectionSceneProxy::SetDynamicData_RenderThread() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\experimental\geometrycollectionengine\private\geometrycollection\geometrycollectionsceneproxy.cpp:465]
    UE4Editor_GeometryCollectionEngine!TGraphTask<TEnqueueUniqueRenderCommandType<`UGeometryCollectionComponent::CreateRenderState_Concurrent'::`5'::CreateRenderStateName,<lambda_5bea11ca410badf1eb0b14700b14a609> > >::ExecuteTask() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:847]
    UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:686]
    UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:583]
    UE4Editor_RenderCore!RenderingThreadMain() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:340]
    UE4Editor_RenderCore!FRenderingThread::Run() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:471]
    UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:96]
    Last edited by iBrews; 07-12-2019, 12:40 PM.
    Alex Coulombe
    Creative Director
    Agile Lens: Immersive Design
    New York City
    www.agilelens.com

Comment

Will we ever get polygon modeling with subdivision surfaces? It's been on the roadmap for ages. Is that feature on the roadmap being replaced with the mesh editor?
      Last edited by Parvan; 07-12-2019, 01:51 PM.

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
      Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

Originally posted by iBrews View Post

I have not been able to find the Fracture Editor tab, even though it's enabled as a plugin. Right now, any time I select a Geometry Collection with the Mesh Editor tab open, I get a crash:

Assertion failed: TransformBuffer.NumTransforms == DynamicData->Transforms.Num() [File: D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Experimental/GeometryCollectionEngine/Private/GeometryCollection/GeometryCollectionSceneProxy.cpp] [Line: 465]

UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsErrorOutputDevice::Serialize() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowserroroutputdevice.cpp:79]
        UE4Editor_Core!FOutputDevice::LogfImpl() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:71]
        UE4Editor_Core!AssertFailedImplV() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:101]
        UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::CheckVerifyFailedImpl() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:445]
        UE4Editor_GeometryCollectionEngine!FGeometryCollectionSceneProxy::SetDynamicData_RenderThread() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\experimental\geometrycollectionengine\private\geometrycollection\geometrycollectionsceneproxy.cpp:465]
        UE4Editor_GeometryCollectionEngine!TGraphTask<TEnqueueUniqueRenderCommandType<`UGeometryCollectionComponent::CreateRenderState_Concurrent'::`5'::CreateRenderStateName,<lambda_5bea11ca410badf1eb0b14700b14a609> > >::ExecuteTask() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:847]
        UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:686]
        UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:583]
        UE4Editor_RenderCore!RenderingThreadMain() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:340]
        UE4Editor_RenderCore!FRenderingThread::Run() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:471]
        UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:96]

Yeah you have to put those field assignments in the UE4Editor.Target.cs and then compile from the 4.23 github source for it to show up. After you do that, I wouldn't recommend doing any fracturing with the "Mesh Editor" tab and instead stick to the "Fracture Editor" tab.

Comment

In case anyone wants to join the VT discussion. https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...-since-ue-4-23

Comment

Hey all! I wrote up a post on the steps required to enable Chaos in 4.23 Preview. You can find it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Schwingggg View Post

Yeah you have to put those field assignments in the UE4Editor.Target.cs and then compile from the 4.23 github source for it to show up. After you do that, I wouldn't recommend doing any fracturing with the "Mesh Editor" tab and instead stick to the "Fracture Editor" tab.
              I did put those field assignments in and then compiled successfully from source. Still no Fracture Editor tab.
              Alex Coulombe
              Creative Director
              Agile Lens: Immersive Design
              New York City
              www.agilelens.com

Comment

I took the opportunity to clean up the changes I made to the Maya Live Link plugin, with a pull-request created here on Github. I am hoping that this merge can make it into 4.23 before it is out of preview as it adds support for streaming curves from custom attributes. Once you start using custom curves it is kinda hard to be without them in production. Live Link gets so much better once one has access to streaming them.

I have a thread with my changes to the plugin here.
                Programmer, Rigger, Animator - Demo Reel 2015 - My RnD / WIP thread - www.dennylindberg.com
                Worked on: Kitten'd - Guardians of Valor (Android, iOS)

Comment

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...595feb3e2e31b7

Streamable animations are postponed to 4.24

Comment

Originally posted by CHADALAK1 View Post

I have this issue as well... Most of that issue with RTX being on is because the Tessellation could be on in the material. That's one of the issues found on my end at least
                    I don't actually have a lot of tesselation on in my scenes that crash
                    but they were scenes ported from 4.20
                    so maybe something went buggy? I get the crashes in fresh 4.22 as well, had to lock the fps to 24, and turn on or off vsync as well

Comment

I tried to use RTX in conjunction with VR. But I get always crashes when I start the VR preview with my Samsung Odyssey 2. Multiview is enabled...

Comment

Trying to follow the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmbMuyRmCnc&t=468s When I click on the GeometyCollection I get a crash. Using 4.23.1. I got it from the launcher. I have chaos, mesh editor, planar cut, editable mesh, geometry plugins installed.

Comment

Originally posted by parthshah09 View Post
                          I am getting an error for Virtual Camera blueprints in 4.23 Preview 1. Did anyone face this?
                          I have the same issue, VirtualCameraPlayerController seems to be broken in this version and can not be used as the Player Controller Class in Game Mode override.

Comment

So... this is more of a question. I'm an artist trying to develop for the Oculus Go and Quest, and after getting this preview version, the included/compiled Oculus plugin is still an old version that
                            doesn't expose some important options to the editor. About two months ago I did my own compile from Github, to see if I was doing something wrong, and that version did include the up to date plugin. (What of course makes sense because I just compiled it).

So my question : How long does it usually take for the latest binary release to get up to date? Or was this an oversight and will the latest version be included in the proper 4.23 release?

Comment

Thank you sooo much for the SSGI! Looking sooo gooood! It's something I wanted soo badly after volumetric GI was removed.

Comment

Vulkan seems to run Incredibly slow in 4.23 preview - Just updating my Vulkan SDK to see if that makes a difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X