This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TomVR View Post
    for some reason my render targets are flipped vertically when running on the Oculus Quest, compared to in editor or with es3.1 preview
    Hi I have this issue as well on the Quest, it currently happens in version 4.22.3. my Render Target only works when Mobile HDR is ticked.

Comment

It seems that the Refraction in 4.23.8 is broken. Its way to strong and doesnt care about any refraction input in the Materials

Comment

Originally posted by Lesuge View Post
        It seems that the Refraction in 4.23.8 is broken. Its way to strong and doesnt care about any refraction input in the Materials
        Is this happening in raster or raytracing? Because in raytracing I see that in postprocess if refraction is enabled in the Raytracing Translucency section, the over-effect in the materials appear, if unselected it is dramatically reduced. Let us know which mode are you using!
        Nilson Lima
        Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
        Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
        supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Is this happening in raster or raytracing? Because in raytracing I see that in postprocess if refraction is enabled in the Raytracing Translucency section, the over-effect in the materials appear, if unselected it is dramatically reduced. Let us know which mode are you using!
          When i use the raytraced translucency and activate Refraction its way too strong, if i deactivate the refraction in the PPVolume the refraction is on value 1 and has no effect

Comment

When i use the raytraced translucency and activate Refraction its way too strong, if i deactivate the refraction in the PPVolume the refraction is on value 1 and has no effect
            Is your material blend mode translucent or alpha-composite? Mine is Alpha-composite (and there are artifacts which should not appear in alpha-composite in my case and I am not feeding refraction at all).
            Nilson Lima

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Is your material blend mode translucent or alpha-composite? Mine is Alpha-composite (and there are artifacts which should not appear in alpha-composite in my case and I am not feeding refraction at all).
              i tried both Alpha Composite and Translucent. There are artifacts too
              Attached Files

Comment

I found that for some reason specular values greater than 0 affect the refraction in 4.23 P8. Can you confirm this?
                Last edited by sbmdv; 09-02-2019, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Where did the HDRI backdrop go in Unreal Engine 4.23 preview 8?

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco35 View Post
                    Where did the HDRI backdrop go in Unreal Engine 4.23 preview 8?
                    It got its own plugin that you need to enable now.
                    Nilson Lima

Comment

Importing UDIMs works well but I'm getting an instant crash when trying to reimport via the content browser.
                      ArtStation

Comment

Am I reading it right?

UE-76520 HTML5 needs to be marked as to be deprecated in 4.23

HTML5 is being deprecated? No more export to web?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperRey View Post
                          Am I reading it right?

UE-76520 HTML5 needs to be marked as to be deprecated in 4.23

HTML5 is being deprecated? No more export to web?
                          it seems like they dont develop this feature further, but i guess we can still export for HTML5

Comment

Originally posted by sbmdv View Post

I found that for some reason specular values greater than 0 affect the refraction in 4.23 P8. Can you confirm this?
                            It seems that the specular has no effect in my project

Comment

I just got this with preview 8:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	36
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	1660071

This is from the 4.22 patch notes (and I managed a build in 4.23 preview 6):

Code:
                              Fixed! UE-71558 Failing to load Windows Mixed Reality Interop Library when enabling the WMR plugin while on valid Windows versions
                              Fixed! UE-71625 Failing to load Windows Mixed Reality Interop Library when launching onto or running a package on Windows
                              Did I just encounter a regression?

I also get about 0.1 FPS when I play VR preview, and only 3DOF tracking, and when I press stop to get back to the Unreal editor, the 0.1 FPS remains until I restart it.

Comment

Originally posted by PolyBionics View Post

Hi I have this issue as well on the Quest, it currently happens in version 4.22.3. my Render Target only works when Mobile HDR is ticked.
                                How are you using Mobile HDR on Quest?!

Comment

Working...
                                X