This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

The only way is building from source. You will need to get browsing the commits when you match the release of 4.22.0. It must be tagged and/or commented, so it is easy to locate.
    There's a 'releases' section that lets you get the source for a particular release. For 4.22.0 it's https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...4.22.0-release

Comment

Originally posted by RotemS View Post

There's a 'releases' section that lets you get the source for a particular release. For 4.22.0 it's https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...4.22.0-release
      Good point, never noticed it!
      Nilson Lima
      Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
      Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
      supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Hi,

anyone else experiencing severe performance degradation in 4.23 with foliage? It seems that when foliage is enabled in 4.23, GPU performance gets killed by prepass. Comparison between 4.22 and 4.23 below:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Foliage_4.23.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	558.2 KB
ID:	1658734

Name:	Foliage_4.22.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	568.4 KB
ID:	1658735
        https://www.artstation.com/artist/rawalanche

Comment

Ok, so I think I've found the culprit. In 4.23, something called "GenerateVisibleRayTracingMeshCommands" takes up all the resources. The issue here is that it runs even if ALL of the ray tracing effects are disabled

Name:	RayTraceMesh_4.23a.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	1658741

Name:	RayTraceMesh_4.22a.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	1658742 ​​​​​​​
          https://www.artstation.com/artist/rawalanche

Comment

Do you have "enable early z pass on masked materials" checked? After updates this gets unchecked in my experience.

Comment

in P8,when HDRI backup plugin enabled. can not packge the project to exe file. P7 is ok.

just show

UATHelper: packging (Windows (64-bit)): Took 12.7042814s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=5
              UATHelper: packging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details.
              UATHelper: packging (Windows (64-bit)): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5)
              UATHelper: packging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
              PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error
              LogSlate: FSceneViewport::OnFocusLost() reason 0

Comment

Default c++ project or all c++ project, andorid apk package problem

LogLinker: Warning: Failed to load '/Game/ThirdPersonBP/ThirdPersonOverview': Can't find file.
                LogLinker: Warning: Failed to load '/Game/ThirdPersonBP/ThirdPersonOverview': Can't find file.
                LogUObjectGlobals: Warning: Failed to find object 'Class /Game/ThirdPersonBP/ThirdPersonOverview.ThirdPersonOverview_C'

Comment

Originally posted by Maxbilisim View Post
                  Default c++ project or all c++ project, andorid apk package problem

LogUObjectGlobals: Warning: Failed to find object 'Class /Game/ThirdPersonBP/ThirdPersonOverview.ThirdPersonOverview_C'
                  Right-click on Content directory and use "Fix-up Redirector ..." or something like that button. Then try again to build your project.

Comment

Hi, everybody, I get such errors when I try to compile 4.23 P8. Although 4.23 P7 was compiled successfully.
                    Code:
                      1>--------------------Project: Default-------------------------------------------
                      1>** For UE4Editor-Win64-Development **
                      1>Module.DatasmithContentEditor.cpp (0:01.89 at +0:00)
                      1>E:/SkyDelete/Documents/GitHub/UnrealEngine-4.23/Engine/Plugins/Enterprise/DatasmithContent/Source/DatasmithContentEditor/Private/DatasmithPlacement.cpp(4): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'IPlacementModeModule.h': No such file or directory
                      1>
                      1>Error executing E:\SkyDelete\Documents\GitHub\UnrealEngine-4.23\Engine\Build\Windows\cl-filter\cl-filter.exe (tool returned code: 2)
                      1>Module.LiveLink.cpp (0:02.42 at +0:00)
                      1>E:\SkyDelete\Documents\GitHub\UnrealEngine-4.23\Engine\Plugins\Animation\LiveLink\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Inc\LiveLink\LiveLinkTimeSynchronizationSource.generated.h(12): fatal error C1189: #error: "LiveLinkTimeSynchronizationSource.generated.h already included, missing '#pragma once' in LiveLinkTimeSynchronizationSource.h"
                      1>
                      1>Error executing E:\SkyDelete\Documents\GitHub\UnrealEngine-4.23\Engine\Build\Windows\cl-filter\cl-filter.exe (tool returned code: 2)
                      1>---------------------- Done ----------------------
                      1>
                      1> Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped
                      1>
                      1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3075: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat -Target="UE4Editor Win64 Development" -Target="ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
                      1>Done building project "UE4.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
                      ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Comment

Originally posted by Elvenhood View Post

Right-click on Content directory and use "Fix-up Redirector ..." or something like that button. Then try again to build your project.
                      Thank you for your answer.
                      I did the operation but did not improve.
                      I deleted the program and reinstalled it again did not improve.
                      I create a new project, I do not take any action, but still gives the same error.
                      The same process does not cause problems in 4.22.

Comment

I get this when launching preview 8. I have no idea how to get around it because if I click yes I get the second error. I've tried from the launcher and the install directory. The last preview I used was preview 4 and that one ran fine.

I just tried verifying the installations but it didn't do anything, it still won't run. I suppose I will remove it and re download.
                        Last edited by decksounds13; 09-01-2019, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Stephen Ellis commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Try manually performing the update on the installed Datasmith plugin. (From the Launcher's Library page, under the "Installed Plugins" option)

Is anyone else experiencing flipped render targets when deploying to an Android device? Like the Y UV is flipped / inverted or something.

Comment

Originally posted by TomVR View Post
                          for some reason my render targets are flipped vertically when running on the Oculus Quest, compared to in editor or with es3.1 preview
                          Same issue! Did you submit a bug report?

Comment

hi guys,did u find squencer Play rate issue? when play rate <1 ,and i render my animation , resule is normaly speed ? can u fix it?

Comment

In 4.22.3 There is a problem ! Level Streaming, where the child map after loading into the master map, moves all assets to zero coordinates . And I get a error " Failed to find streaming level object.

*******What is the probability that such an error will not be in 4.23?
                              Last edited by ALEXSEEBEN; 09-02-2019, 05:25 AM. Reason: EDIT

Comment

Working...
                              X