This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post
    Just a hint for people trying to achieve results from realtime raytracing, I saw at an Epic's presentation at Siggraph two project settings being used and told as important, but I don't remember seeing them anywhere else documented and/or related, so there you go:

- GBuffer Format: High Precision Normals
    - Reflection Capture Resolution: 1024 (default is 128) ----> this one probably people were using despite not mentioned
    Both of these are the defaults...

Comment

VR Preview is grayed out for me. Is this happening for others too? Works perfectly for 4.22, just not sure if it's a plain bug or something that can be improved on my end too.
      Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by CoolOppo View Post

At the presentation those were told to not be defaults, so thats why he asked for people to take a look and change them. I am just informing what I saw and I can confirm in a project I just changed to raytracing those came with different settings, since the project was migrated from previous releases, so maybe a new project in 4.23 they come with those already set with correct values, gotta check this myself.

PS: Created a new 3rd person blueprint project in 4.23, values for those parameters were: Default and 128 as stated. Changed to Raytracing, restarted, they were the same. Changed RHI to Dx12, those still the same, so you need to change them yourself for better results. Unless those were mentioned anywhere else people won't know they are needed and we got a lot of new comers to the engine aswel.
        Last edited by NilsonLima; 08-28-2019, 03:28 PM.
        Nilson Lima
        Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
        Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
        supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

At the presentation those were told to not be defaults, so thats why he asked for people to take a look and change them. I am just informing what I saw and I can confirm in a project I just changed to raytracing those came with different settings, since the project was migrated from previous releases, so maybe a new project in 4.23 they come with those already set with correct values, gotta check this myself.

PS: Created a new 3rd person blueprint project in 4.23, values for those parameters were: Default and 128 as stated. Changed to Raytracing, restarted, they were the same. Changed RHI to Dx12, those still the same, so you need to change them yourself for better results. Unless those were mentioned anywhere else people won't know they are needed and we got a lot of new comers to the engine aswel.
          That's very odd. For me on 4.22.3, I am sure I have never changed those, but that's what my defaults are at.

Comment

I can confirm my defaults are the 128, default. I've been changing my value to the 1024 for a while now. I had not seen anything on the high precision normals. Going to test now!!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolOppo View Post

GBuffer Format: High Precision Normals is not the default value for the GBuffer Format

Comment

Originally posted by sukovf View Post

That's just Epic collecting **** about you/your Editor usage. Block it in your firewall as you definitely don't need it to work.
                Hi Sukovf, the problem is not about this but that Unreal 4.23 beta (an all previous versions of Unreal included 4.22.3) doesn't deploy for any Apple device with IOS 13. IOS 13 is now on final beta and Apple has released IOS 13.1 (IOS 13 is out for developer from June and in public realease from July). IOS 13 should be release in final version next 11th September but it's stable and ready to works without any problmes now but I think that we will wait Unreal 4.24 for the end of year to have Unreal working with it. This is the message error that prompt on iPad if I deploy for IOS 13 any Unreal scene that works perfectly with IOS 12.4.1 or previous IOS versions. Is it necessary that I open a ticket with form about it to have some official answer from Unreal developers about IOS platform?

Thank you a lot.
                Antonio De Lorenzo
                www.imaginaction.com
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ADL67; 08-29-2019, 04:49 AM.

Comment

4.23 P8 error not send value to widget3d.

Comment

4.23 preview 8 no longer shows HDRI Backdrop actor.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinnamaniac View Post
                      4.23 preview 8 no longer shows HDRI Backdrop actor.
                      Someone mentioned few posts behind, this one got its own plugin which you need to enable.
                      Nilson Lima

Comment

Okay!

1) The Raytraced Translucency switch works now.

Alpha'd meshes render opaque, which is probably leading to the opaque shadows.
                        But, Progress!...Looking forward to how the Raytraced option develops.

2) Denoiser on shadowy areas in P8 better than P7.

Interesting, if a scene is bright and well lit, renders are FAST....1-2 spx is enough!
                        But a shadowy room, I will need 20-30 spx to reduce the Dark-blotchy shadow-noise.
                        And right now P8 can only get rid of shadow-noise up to a point, then it no longer reduces noise no matter how many samples or denoising I apply.
                        ie - 60spx renders same result as 20spx with shadow-noise.

I have found Shadow-noise and Reflection-noise are 2 culprits of RayTrace noise that cannot be rendered away in P8, no matter how many samples or denoising is applied.

But again, P8 is better than P7, so VERY GOOD!

Comment

Anybody knows how can I download the first release of UE 4.22?? I need UE version 4.22.0! By Epic launcher I can just download 4.22.3

Comment

Originally posted by TajikToon View Post
                            Anybody knows how can I download the first release of UE 4.22?? I need UE version 4.22.0! By Epic launcher I can just download 4.22.3
                            I guess this isnt possible. Maybe 4.22.0 is still available in GitHub?

Comment

Originally posted by TajikToon View Post
                              The only way is building from source. You will need to get browsing the commits when you match the release of 4.22.0. It must be tagged and/or commented, so it is easy to locate.
                              Nilson Lima

Comment

I've been taking a look at 4.23 ahead of its release and noticed a few differences in lighting / brightness vs 4.22, specifically in the Infiltrator Demo. There are 4 areas where 4.23 appears to just be making things brighter than 4.22 did. There may be more, but these were what immediately jumped out to me. In all cases I had to make a 75% reduction in brightness to match up.

Materials:
                                • Infil1_Redshirt_Helmet_glass
                                • M_MaglevHaze
                                • BackofShield
                                In each of these instances, the translucent, shimmery effects produced by these four materials were considerably brighter and washed out vs 4.22.

Here's the Maglev specific example in-editor. Top is 4.23, lower is 4.22

MagLev Bubble In-Editor - 4.23p8
                                MagLev In-Editor - 4.23

MagLev Bubble In-Editor - 4.22
                                MagLev In-Editor - 4.22

In all three of those materials, we had to add a 0.25 multiplier to the Emissive Color in the material graph to bring their brightness down to match the 4.22 behavior.

Here's the example from the M_MaglevHaze material.
                                Change to the M_MaglevHaze Material in 4.23 to replicate 4.22 brightness
                                M_MaglevHaze Material in 4.23 to replicate 4.22 brightness

In addition to those three materials, I also noticed that in general the scenes appeared brighter between the two versions and eventually tracked it down to lighting settings in the post processing volumes.

To get back to 4.22 lighting, I had to set the Global Illumination > Indirect Lighting Intensity from its original 1.0 value to 0.25.

These occur in a clean version of the Infiltrator demo, and the brightness translates out to the packaged demo as well, so it's not just an in-editor issue.

Is this the result of an intentional change to lighting in 4.23?

Comment

Working...
                                X