This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NailGUNNERX View Post

Will Epic implement a new vehicle physics system with the full release of Chaos? Because, probably old physx vehicles will probably not work as it seems its a brand new physics solver.
    from all the videos I have watched, they are saying Chaos is an entire physics system created to replace physx.

Edit: we are only getting the destruction system first

Comment

I don't understand why they don't want to implement a ECS environment, some kind of "minimal game framework", for games that might not need the full blown OOP Game Framework while they can build a new physics engine from the ground up.
      | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by NailGUNNERX View Post

Will Epic implement a new vehicle physics system with the full release of Chaos? Because, probably old physx vehicles will probably not work as it seems its a brand new physics solver.
        Legacy PhysX will probably be kept in UE4 for some versions otherwise anything using it should be quickly updated to Chaos.. Also if Chaos is for destructibles only in its initial version then it is going to take probably 1 if not 2 years to see PhysX completely replaced for everything (let's speculate that maybe by UE 4.29 or 4.30 Chaos will be fully complete and PhysX gets removed)
        Last edited by DarkS474; 07-10-2019, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Niagara and Raytracing (shadows) will make me happy. Right direction. Only one feature request (question?) how to pass float array from Blueprint? It exposed only to set float, color etc, but not arrays. Thanks!
          Technical Artist https://www.youtube.com/user/rendermanpro/videos

Comment

Even building the engine from source, still same crash when trying to fracture a geometry collection.

Comment

Please add in skeleton, rig and skin creation within the engine itself. Having to use another application for this is too cumbersome within game development workflow.

Comment

Originally posted by Schwingggg View Post
                Even building the engine from source, still same crash when trying to fracture a geometry collection.
                can confirm the same thing happens to me.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Blood-PawWerewolf View Post

can confirm the same thing happens to me.
                    maybe they will do a live stream on it.

Comment

The bug report page doesn't have 4.23 as a selectable version.
                      Dev Blog
                      Twitter: @TheRealSpoonDog
                      150 FREE Blueprint functions for your project

Comment

Please epic . improve spline editing in realtime and a realtime terrain editing tool ☺

Comment

For anyone not able to find the mesh editor tool go to your plugin and type in mesh editor. For some reason, it doesn't have the chaos icon next to it. I overlooked it the first couple of times

Comment

Originally posted by Keeper One View Post
                            For anyone not able to find the mesh editor tool go to your plugin and type in mesh editor. For some reason, it doesn't have the chaos icon next to it. I overlooked it the first couple of times
                            Probably because the mesh editor isn't just for Chaos and has actually been in the editor since 4.20. It's just not been finished yet.

Comment

Still no dynamic material instances for Niagara ?

Comment

So what's with ARcore?

Comment

Working...
                                X