Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much thanks for the update. I'm gonna see if I can get a beta of my game working on preview 7 today. Really looking forward to any GI improvements that can make it in.
    Stay in the Light on Steam
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI1_pqHMSCk

Comment

Hey guys, that looks awesome! Can we enable Vulkan on the Oculus Quest?

Comment

Originally posted by demonixis View Post
        Hey guys, that looks awesome! Can we enable Vulkan on the Oculus Quest?
        Not until UE gets 1.39+ Integration from Oculus and it's not happening for 4.23 release. Use Oculus fork of UE4.

Comment

Cinema4D datasmith is not working on 4.23 preview 7. I was working perfectly in 4.23 preview 6

Comment

Originally posted by Alvaro Vazquez View Post
            Cinema4D datasmith is not working on 4.23 preview 7. I was working perfectly in 4.23 preview 6
            Did you click the link bellow the update button to update the plugin aswel? Just wondering since mine still updating the engine.
            Nilson Lima
            Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
            Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
            supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Did you click the link bellow the update button to update the plugin aswel? Just wondering since mine still updating the engine.
              Yes I did, i also verified the installation. When i try to open the project i was working with cinema says "the following modules are missing or built with a different engine version, the a list of different datasmithc4d modules.

Comment

Yes I did, i also verified the installation. When i try to open the project i was working with cinema says "the following modules are missing or built with a different engine version, the a list of different datasmithc4d modules.
                Ok Solved!
                There was a new datasmith update just right now! Now it is working. Cinema4d Integration is awesome.

Comment

Updated to preview 7 in hopes of a smaller compilation size for Android and iOS, but no such luck.
                  Hopefully they get the sizes back down or else it won't be usable for mobile for us.

Comment

Originally posted by DevChagrins View Post
                    Updated to preview 7 in hopes of a smaller compilation size for Android and iOS, but no such luck.
                    Hopefully they get the sizes back down or else it won't be usable for mobile for us.
                    There are many ways to reduce the size of your packaged game, you can find documentation on that here.

Comment

Ok Solved!
                      There was a new datasmith update just right now! Now it is working. Cinema4d Integration is awesome.
                      The Datasmith update usually arrives within ~10min after the Preview update and the launcher doesn't always immediately reflect that the update is available. Restarting the launcher can force it, so try that next time

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post

There are many ways to reduce the size of your packaged game, you can find documentation on that here.
                        Something definitely has bloated the size of shipping projects between 4.22.3 and 4.23.0 preview 7. With the same data and project settings, my build size has gone up 240MB (2.12GB vs 2.36GB). This is not a terribly big deal for a PC project like mine, it may even be necessary for some reason (some new cached data?). But I can see how this would be detrimental for a mobile project.
                        Stay in the Light on Steam
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI1_pqHMSCk

Comment

for some reason my render targets are flipped vertically when running on the Oculus Quest, compared to in editor or with es3.1 preview

Comment

Hello, I find it impossible to try raytracing, every time I try to open the editor I get the same error. I would appreciate if someone could explain why this happens.

error:
                            Unhandled exception

D3D12
                            D3D12
                            D3D12
                            D3D12
                            D3D12
                            UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
                            UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
                            UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
                            UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
                            UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
                            UE4Editor
                            UE4Editor
                            UE4Editor
                            UE4Editor
                            UE4Editor
                            kernel32
                            ntdll

Comment

4.23 P7 .When click right -> Pivot->Click middle mouse button in pivot oject and change pivot->set as pivot offset and error when move oject ,pivot auto return center pivot.( Test join 2 cube with pivot).I transferred all project to 4.23 and No way back to 4.22 .Help

Comment

Okay Epic - Listen

I saw this and the presenter looked very uneasy with the controller when he towards end was using the VirtualCameraGameMode Design Visualization Using UE 4.23 | SIGGRAPH 2019 | Unreal Engine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IKGwM0Yj-0&t=854s

Here are 2 comments/suggestions that would have definitely aided him in presenting with more confidence, and would aid us in using it:
                                1) give the controller icon a start pointer so you can see and control where ios screen direction will begin. Currently there is no way to control this once it starts on ios device.
                                2) put an on screen rotate control option (either a Right thumb-rotate to complement the Left-thumb navigation) or a true touchscreen rotate (like Fortnite, Roblox on iPad), so that VR rotation can also be augmented by screen-controlled rotation.

He looked like he was relieved that he got through it and could end it.
                                That's how I feel using it as well...I feel like, "Come on, please work, please..."

THX!

Comment

Working...
                                X