This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daffrendo View Post

Would there be reason for them to think the user base is lying to them, as in making up false issue tickets?
    Or was there a history of false reporting somewhere in the development process that was well known?
    I know I've submitted tickets before for things I didn't fully verify, and wound up being red herrings. I imagine it's a pretty common occurrence.

Makes sense they would want their engineers to verify a claim of a bug before going to the trouble of creating a ticket for it

Comment

If the build project full nativization, then this place stops and does not go further

Comment

Hello.
        I can not compile the engine in 4.23 p1-p6.

Error compiling.
        /opt/UnrealEngine-4.23.0-preview-6/Engine/Extras/ThirdPartyNotUE/SDKs/HostLinux/Linux_x64/v13_clang-7.0.1-centos7/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-ld: /opt/UnrealEngine-4.23.0-preview-6/Engine/Intermediate/Build/Linux/B4D820EA/UnrealFrontend/Development/HTTP/HttpManager.cpp.o.data.rel.ro+0x60): undefined reference to `typeinfo for FTickerObjectBase'
        clang++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I compile on Linux.
        Engine/Saved/UnrealBuildTool/BuildConfiguration.xml

bUseUnityBuild = false
        bUsePCHFiles = false

Engine/Source/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/Platform/Linux/LinuxToolChain.cs
        edit Result += " -Wall"; // -Werror

Comment

So what is the deal now with RTX in VR? Can you package a Desktop VR App with RTX enabled with 4.23 (final release)?
          Guido Lein
          Technical Artist - LeFx www.lefx.de

Comment

Originally posted by UnexpectedSquirt View Post
            Seeing as the launch of 4.23 is imminent and Quest development is still pretty busted, I may just have to bail and revert back to a previous engine version. aussieburger Which was the last stable version you used for VR dev?
            Oculus branch 4.22 - it has the latest OculusVR plugin (version 1.39) which seems to work best for Quest.

However the Oculus 4.23 branch has the same issues as the Epic 4.23 Previews so worried no one is noticing / fixing it. Also annoying that Epic's 4.23 is currently only bundled with OculusVR plugin version 1.36 as opposed to the latest 1.39 version (which contains lots of Vulkan fixes and improvements)
            Headgear - VR/AR solutions

Comment

aussieburger I think that you will only see updates in preview with plugins that are newly added, while plugins already present in earlier UE4 releases you will only see them updated with the UE4 release, which "usually" (not a rule) incorporate the latest ones. I know it is sad.
              Nilson Lima
              Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
              Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
              supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Anyone know if theres a way to get HLOD textures to be output as virtual textures?
                George Rolfe.
                Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by aussieburger View Post

Oculus branch 4.22 - it has the latest OculusVR plugin (version 1.39) which seems to work best for Quest.

However the Oculus 4.23 branch has the same issues as the Epic 4.23 Previews so worried no one is noticing / fixing it. Also annoying that Epic's 4.23 is currently only bundled with OculusVR plugin version 1.36 as opposed to the latest 1.39 version (which contains lots of Vulkan fixes and improvements)

Cool, thanks for the heads up!

Do you know if render targets work correctly in that build?

Comment

Originally posted by UnexpectedSquirt View Post

Cool, thanks for the heads up!

Do you know if render targets work correctly in that build?
                    I'm guessing not but have not tested render targets sorry
                    Headgear - VR/AR solutions

Comment

Originally posted by aussieburger View Post

I was also looking forward to using the new Vulkan improvements for the Quest but it is very disappointing that the official release is always lagging behind the official Oculus SDK version. I really dream of the day that updating the main plugins doesn't require to download and build whole versions of the engine!

Comment

Is there any documentation available on:
                        - Remote control over HTTP

Also are we any closer to being able to use an iPad virtual camera in a Multi-User Editing session yet. Have some scenarios in mind where this would be really useful.

David Gillespie
                        Associate
                        Foster + Partners

Comment

Edit2: ignore this post. Just tested again and it works fine. No idea what went wrong in the first place.

Just tested prev 6 and it seems like <Fixed! UE-77549 Mobile Multi-View 4.23 preview regression> is not fixed.
                          Still a black screen when building projects for Quest and mobile-multiview is enabled. Can anyone confirm?

Edit: strange thing is - it fails for me for a brand new project while a previous tested 4.23 project just works nice with MobileMultiview... must be something at my end...
                          Last edited by maxbrown; 08-17-2019, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbrown View Post
                            Just tested prev 6 and it seems like <Fixed! UE-77549 Mobile Multi-View 4.23 preview regression> is not fixed.
                            Still a black screen when building projects for Quest and mobile-multiview is enabled. Can anyone confirm?
                            Edit: strange thing is - it fails for me for a brand new project while a previous tested 4.23 project just works nice with MobileMultiview... must be something at my end...
                            Worked for me. Do you have "Mobile HDR" enabled? Those two settings are (and always have been faik) incompatible

Comment

Hi, I would like to have some infos about the "experimental layer system" for landscape. I tryied to test it but don't understand how it's supposed to work.

Comment

Is there anything useful for mobile devices?

Comment

Working...
                                X