Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to use 4.23 to explore oculus quest dev due too their firmware update. It works but, I'm getting a crash in 4.23 preview 5.

Repro:
    -Create a project - Blank, scalable 2D or 3D, No starter content, Mobile Tablet
    - When it loads click the settings icon above the viewport, find 'Preview Rendering Level' and change it to anything but Shader Model 5.
    - Engine will crash to desktop and produce this error message:
    Code:
    Assertion failed: bPrimitiveDataInGPUScene || Elements[ElementIndex].PrimitiveUniformBuffer || Elements[ElementIndex].PrimitiveUniformBufferResource [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/SceneManagement.cpp] [Line: 1104] FMeshBatch was not properly setup. The primitive uniform buffer must be specified.

UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_Engine
    UE4Editor_Renderer
    UE4Editor_Engine
    UE4Editor_Renderer
    UE4Editor_Renderer
    UE4Editor_Renderer
    UE4Editor_Renderer
    UE4Editor_Renderer
    UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_RenderCore
    UE4Editor_RenderCore
    UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_Core
    kernel32
    ntdll

Comment

I have still error code 0x000007b even in Unreal Engine 4.23.0 Preview 5. I already installed neccessary components,but it's not working.

Last edited by Gamerz31w; 08-11-2019, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kolobok1386 View Post
        Hi,

What about this issue https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...iphone-xs.html ? Will this be fixed ? We had this problem and need to build custom engine to resolve it, I believe you need to check allocators functionality for new iOS devices.
        Seems nobody cares about crashes on new iOS devices... sad Maybe somebody from epic support will comment this issue ?

Comment

Will downgrading Unreal Engine 4.23 to Unreal Engine 4.0 solve my problem? It didn't help however I'll try to wait patiently as best as I can.
          https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...xc000007b.html
          Last edited by Gamerz31w; 08-12-2019, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamerz31w View Post
            Will downgrading Unreal Engine 4.23 to Unreal Engine 4.0 solve my problem? It didn't help however I'll try to wait patiently as best as I can.
            Could you quickly provide your hardware and OS specs? I got several different machines I can compare and see which closest to yours and try to find a clue.
            Nilson Lima
            Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
            Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
            supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by TokyoBits View Post
              Is it a known issue that 4.23 beta 5 doesn't list iOS in Target Platforms? I tried to do a build on an iOS device and it said I needed to install the files for iOS, but it's not listed with the other platforms in the installation options. Uninstalling 4.23 beta and reinstalling doesn't show the option either.

Tried on the latest versions of both macOS Mojave and Catalina.
              our iOS binaries re-appeared this morning, try giving it a shot again if you haven't already

Comment

Did I mention it before already? I have graphics card Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti and processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz, 8 gb ram. Windows 8.1 64-bit(original box version).
                Last edited by Gamerz31w; 08-12-2019, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorAjer View Post
                  I have to use 4.23 to explore oculus quest dev due too their firmware update. It works but, I'm getting a crash in 4.23 preview 5.

Repro:
                  -Create a project - Blank, scalable 2D or 3D, No starter content, Mobile Tablet
                  - When it loads click the settings icon above the viewport, find 'Preview Rendering Level' and change it to anything but Shader Model 5.
                  - Engine will crash to desktop and produce this error message:
                  Code:
                  Assertion failed: bPrimitiveDataInGPUScene || Elements[ElementIndex].PrimitiveUniformBuffer || Elements[ElementIndex].PrimitiveUniformBufferResource [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/SceneManagement.cpp] [Line: 1104] FMeshBatch was not properly setup. The primitive uniform buffer must be specified.

UE4Editor_Core
                  UE4Editor_Core
                  UE4Editor_Core
                  UE4Editor_Core
                  UE4Editor_Engine
                  UE4Editor_Renderer
                  UE4Editor_Engine
                  UE4Editor_Renderer
                  UE4Editor_Renderer
                  UE4Editor_Renderer
                  UE4Editor_Renderer
                  UE4Editor_Renderer
                  UE4Editor_Core
                  UE4Editor_Core
                  UE4Editor_RenderCore
                  UE4Editor_RenderCore
                  UE4Editor_Core
                  UE4Editor_Core
                  kernel32
                  ntdll
                  I wanna updoot this one. I have been crashing when trying to preview mobile renderer as well. Also, it seems like the render target regression is back. My RT works fine in the editor but as soon as I launch to the device it's not there.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamerz31w View Post
                    Did I mention it before already? I have graphics card Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti and processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz, 8 gb ram. Windows 8.1 64-bit(original box version).
                    Yeah, sorry, somehow I got confused by the name and couldn't relate it to a previous post. Well, the specs are really OK. What is possibly missing is the components for Visual Studio, so could you execute the installer and post a print screen from the selected options to install with it. There are a couple of modules that are necessary to install, so I can pin-point what is missing with this screenshot.
                    Nilson Lima
                    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Will the final release for Unreal Studio 4.23 including Product Viewer (same setup as 4.22) and Collab viewer (for multiplay and product viewer)?

Comment

UPDATE!

We have just released Preview 6 for 4.23! Thank you for your continued help in testing the 4.23 build before its official release. As a reminder, the Preview builds are for testing only, and should not be used for the active development of your project.

For a list of known issues affecting this latest preview, please follow the links provided on the original post in this thread.

Fixed in Preview 6
                        Fixed! UE-54099 Morph Target Sets to Zero When Transitioning From 1 to -1 Causing Flickering
                        Fixed! UE-78606 Reverb outputs unwanted noise when switching settings
                        Fixed! UE-78607 Reverb does not process multi-channel sources
                        Fixed! UE-59436 GitHub 4749 : Add initialize for FAudioDevice::FCreateComponentParams::bAutoDestroy (to true)
                        Fixed! UE-56025 Mouse decorator shows prohibitive icon when dragging sound waves into sound cue graph
                        Fixed! UE-67382 SoundWaves are never garbage-collected on under 4-core devices.
                        Fixed! UE-55814 GitHub 4540 : Reverb isn't updated when volume changes
                        Fixed! UE-55024 GitHub 4489 : Small fix to Spatialization Plugin Settings tooltip
                        Fixed! UE-78608 SoundClass' Default 2DReverb Send Amount is ignored. The Project Settings one is adhered to (but ignored in Preview)
                        Fixed! UE-62093 LuminSample: LaunchOn error: Acoustic Material does not exist. Returning Transparent Material
                        Fixed! UE-78659 GTLF - Material error when importing scene with 4k texture - Sampler requires non-VirtualTexture
                        Fixed! UE-78346 Wrong sampler type when importing 4k Texture using Content Material through Datasmith
                        Fixed! UE-78415 Incorrect transform with Datasmith Deltagen FBX Importer
                        Fixed! UE-78439 MDL import - issue when importing 4k textures - imported as Virtual texture
                        Fixed! UE-78524 Warning packaging on Mac: mono 5.0 or greater exists but msbuild not found
                        Fixed! UE-78400 Several unexpected ApexClothing and Google Files found in Binary build
                        Fixed! UE-77533 All geometry fractures immediately in ChaosExamples_fields
                        Fixed! UE-77399 Debug Draw colors for geometry collection actors update slowly
                        Fixed! UE-75983 Crash adding a geometry collection to the level
                        Fixed! UE-76475 Saving changes to the Pillar geometry collections in the ChaosDestructionDemo takes a long time
                        Fixed! UE-77631 Poor performance triggering demos in ChaosExamples_Niagara
                        Fixed! UE-77552 Some Match3 sprites rendering incorrectly
                        Fixed! UE-78458 Error message says ES2 instead of ES3.1 after opening Android app set to Vulkan on an Android 7
                        Fixed! UE-77927 Regression: Android Media Player Material - Plays on flipped normal
                        Fixed! UE-71988 UMG Widget Blueprint Safe Zone doesn't include Galaxy S10 / S10e sizes
                        Fixed! UE-77452 Decal doesn't alternate colors when sort order is changed
                        Fixed! UE-75676 [CrashReport] UE4Editor-Renderer!FBatchingSPDI::DrawMesh(FMeshBatch const &,float) [PrimitiveSceneInfo.cpp:59]
                        Fixed! UE-77812 EngineTest is crashing with CmdListNumCommands == NumCommands in OpenGL
                        Fixed! UE-78694 DOF settings enabled from post process volume that where not using Circle method yet had focal distance set
                        Fixed! UE-71482 AMD Vega 64 - Screen Flickering when running with -vulkan
                        Fixed! UE-74656 Draw to Render Target Android Regression
                        Fixed! UE-78687 Disable VT by default
                        Fixed! UE-78304 [CrashReport] UE4Editor-Engine!UStaticMeshComponent::HasLightmapTextureCoordinates() [StaticMeshComponent.cpp:2051]
                        Fixed! UE-78720 [CrashReport] UE4Editor-Engine!FMeshBatch::PreparePrimitiveUniformBuffer(FPrimitiveSceneProxy const *,ERHIFeatureLevel::Type) [SceneManagement.cpp:1075]
                        Fixed! UE-77310 Severe hitching in SimpleComposure sequence
                        Fixed! UE-77381 GUID warnings when building lighting in a level with movable lights
                        Fixed! UE-78046 Sorted Materials in Ray Tracing not reflected properly
                        Fixed! UE-77894 Engine Test - Handled Ensure running PostProcessing, Lens_DepthofField_Circle
                        Fixed! UE-77728 Niagara map in Content Examples is not rendering particles in example 3.4 with -vulkan
                        Fixed! UE-73088 [CrashReport] UE4Editor-MetalRHI!MetalCommandBufferFailureInvalidResource(mtlpp::CommandBuffer const&) [MetalCommandList.cpp:110]
                        Fixed! UE-78147 4.22.1 Crash in FVulkanResourceMultiBuffer::Lock
                        Fixed! UE-76114 "Show Selected Nodes Only" does not work.
                        Fixed! UE-78589 Spawnable Camera Rig Rail not saving changes to the spline
                        Fixed! UE-78503 BSP's do not update when sliding transform boxes in details
                        Fixed! UE-78445 FBX - import fails to connect 4k texture to material - TextureSample> Sampler type is Color, should be Virtual Color
                        Fixed! UE-78254 Crash exporting animation sequence to fbx (vEngine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers/Array.h] [Line: 614] Array index out of bounds: 118 from an array of size 118)
                        Fixed! UE-78514 Assertion Failed when attempting to add a preview component on a Landscape
                        Fixed! UE-78403 Assert restoring with DisasterRecovery after creating an Autosave
                        Fixed! UE-78489 Disaster recovery depends on delegate execution order to recover
                        Fixed! UE-78457 Live Link data can not be undone in Sequencer Curve Editor
                        Fixed! UE-78189 Crash exiting PIE referencing SharedPointer.h Line: 851
                        Fixed! UE-78182 LiveLink does not update in PIE after establishing a connection
                        Fixed! UE-78163 Media Player indicates video decoding is set on CPU
                        Fixed! UE-78542 FileMediaCapture: The file names are padded with spaces.
                        Fixed! UE-78506 MotionBuilder LiveLink plugins are out of date
                        Fixed! UE-78470 QAGame fails to compile when opened - 'FLiveLinkTimeSyncTestSource::IsSourceValid': method with override specifier 'override' did not override any base class methods
                        Fixed! UE-78529 Discrepancy between UDP command arg and tooltip
                        Fixed! UE-75754 Dev-VR - Hololens 2 - Remoting to device then running pie crashes
                        Fixed! UE-77780 HoloLens - Editor does not prompt restart when enabling "Enable Remoting for Editor (requires restart)"
                        Fixed! UE-78478 HoloLens - Auto SDK toggle crashes editor on disable with less than 3 available sdks
                        Last edited by VictorLerp; 08-13-2019, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Yay! Thanks Epic <3

Fingers crossed that this fixes some of the Quest / Android badness that's been going down in the last few patches.

Comment

UnexpectedSquirt It does. Just be sure to specify Quest in the new Project Settings: 'Package for Oculus Mobile devices' array

Comment

Is there an expected date on full release of 4.23?

Comment

Originally posted by pbdarcey View Post
                                Is there an expected date on full release of 4.23?
                                Yes, but we don't announce specific dates in case that slips.

However, it will be soon.
                                Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                                UE4 Documentation

Comment

Working...
                                X