mesh editor tool.

Comment

Originally posted by tahayaki View Post
      Thanks, for some reason I dont seem to have it though. weird

it’s a plug-in that you need to enable.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood-PawWerewolf View Post

it’s a plug-in that you need to enable.
        I also did, actually I had it enabled when I built the engine from source, did you download it from the installer?

Comment

I also did, actually I had it enabled when I built the engine from source, did you download it from the installer?
          yes. I did download it via the launcher. Everything is checked including chaos solver and chaos editor

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post
            [*]Stereo Panoramic capture Tool Improvements. With the updates to the Stereo Panoramic Capture tool, it’s much easier to capture high-quality stereoscopic stills and videos of the virtual world in industry-standard formats.[/LIST]
            Any specific information or commit links available?

Comment

Originally posted by Blood-PawWerewolf View Post

yes. I did download it via the launcher. Everything is checked including chaos solver and chaos editor
              that might be the reason why its not working for you, it says it has to be compiled from source, but I dont see the fracture tools when i compile from source

Comment

Been using SSGI for a few months from the dev-rendering branch, did that not make it to the official 4.23 version? Or was it just left out of the notes? Thanks for the updates!
                Lighting Artist @ Rockstar Games
                ArtStation
                Twitter

Comment

Can't wait to try the new physics engine.

Comment

Originally posted by YuuJin View Post
                    I noticed a lot of crashes when using the material editor with ray tracing turned on, is part of the improvements for material editor around this issue?
                    I have this issue as well... Most of that issue with RTX being on is because the Tessellation could be on in the material. That's one of the issues found on my end at least
                    Portfolio/Tutorials: http://chadreddick.com

Comment

that might be the reason why its not working for you, it says it has to be compiled from source, but I dont see the fracture tools when i compile from source
                      yet building from source takes forever, like almost all day (I have it on an external hard drive because of the large file sizes)

Comment

Originally posted by rosegoldslugs View Post
                        Been using SSGI for a few months from the dev-rendering branch, did that not make it to the official 4.23 version? Or was it just left out of the notes? Thanks for the updates!
                        It's there for you to enable via console variable (like it before), but it's not a feature we're calling out for 4.23. Right now, it's targeted at 4.24 and is still being worked on for performance and quality. As you've probably noticed, it's still expensive to use.
                        Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                        UE4 Documentation

Comment

Is animation streaming related to alembic files? (hopefully)

Comment

I just enabled Virtual Texturing on all landscape textures.
                            Results:
                            - GPU memory consumption is 300MB less.
                            - FPS went slightly down. (~0.5ms)
                            - Shader viewer reports that near landscape is more complex. It went from red to purple in the surrounding areas.

Edit:
                            It is intended that 4.23 creates a folder named "DerivedDataCache" inside the project folder? Think that should go into the AppData folder.
                            Last edited by BlueMountainsIO; 07-10-2019, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Has anyone successfully gotten the Chaos Destruction plugin to work? If so did you have to build from source?

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post
                                [*]Chaos - Destruction (Early Access). With Chaos, users can achieve cinematic-quality visuals in real-time in scenes with massive-scale levels of destruction, with unprecedented artist control over content creation. [/LIST]
                                Will Epic implement a new vehicle physics system with the full release of Chaos? Because, probably old physx vehicles will probably not work as it seems its a brand new physics solver.

Comment

Working...
                                X