Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDRIBackdrop: How can you increase the resolution in the viewport?

When loading an 8k HDRI map, I would like to have full resolution.
    Inside the viewport it looks blurry and like low res.

Comment

Is the Refraction/Translucency 100% working now?

Comment

Regarding SSGI just tested out p2 and when enabled it breaks SSAO... Will there be time to fix it for the 4.23 final?

Comment

Originally posted by redfox22x View Post
          Regarding SSGI just tested out p2 and when enabled it breaks SSAO... Will there be time to fix it for the 4.23 final?
          it's not a feature being marketed or called out for 4.23. it's still very much a work in progress and is planned to be finished for 4.24.

That said, you can use it in 4.23 in whatever shape it ships in, but it's not a priority for this release.
          Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
          UE4 Documentation

Comment

Holy cow -
            Getting crashes all the time in both Raytracing and Raster when I add a single Point Light to scene, while there is a skeletal avatar in the scene.
            What's interesting is that if I add to a blank scene, there is no issue at all.
            But then when I bring in a skeletal avatar, the scene crashes. Somehow it hates point lights!
            4.22.3 also has this issue. And was is very interesting also, 4.21.2 does NOT have this issue!

As workaround I have to disable Support Point Light Whole Scene Shadows in editor settings.

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post

I'm looking into the sequencer issue, no estimated time for a fix just yet but it's on my radar now!
              The SEQUENCER RECORDER and TAKE RECORDER....
              Uy-yuy-yuy!
              I wish you could record a track in Take, just drop it into the Sequencer, and have Sequencer independently play back what you verbatim just recorded, intuitively. Like an audio recording.
              But, somehow it is very finicky, quirky.
              Sometimes it works, then sometimes it doesn't, for no reason seemingly. I look for patterns, but I can't see anything repeatable or predictable.
              Sometimes I have to rebuild the scene, then it works. But if I make changes to a scene....forget it....it loses its cohesion somehow.
              You can record a simple pan from L to R, and it will orient the view completely different, or not move on playback...
              But only sometimes, you know?
              And that's the thing - it **feels** unpredictable, unstable....

Comment

So I'm experimenting with the new per-pixel shading model option and I've noticed that "Unlit" is not an option in the new shading model node. Is this going to be added?

Comment

Originally posted by wickerman123 View Post
                  So I'm experimenting with the new per-pixel shading model option and I've noticed that "Unlit" is not an option in the new shading model node. Is this going to be added?
                  I messaged the developer who owns this feature and it's simply not supported at this time but it is theoretically possible. There are a huge amount of things that get compiled out and supporting it at this time would have regressed the regular path.
                  Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                  UE4 Documentation

Comment

Originally posted by Daffrendo View Post
                    Holy cow -
                    Getting crashes all the time in both Raytracing and Raster
                    I've searched our CrashReporter system, and don't see any reports from you. Are you submitting when the CrashReporter dialog appears after the crash? This helps us identify the most commonly occurring crashes to prioritize fixes for.

Or on top of that, have you logged a bug report yet? https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/
                    Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post

I've searched our CrashReporter system, and don't see any reports from you. Are you submitting when the CrashReporter dialog appears after the crash? This helps us identify the most commonly occurring crashes to prioritize fixes for.

Or on top of that, have you logged a bug report yet? https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/
                      I must have have sent in at least 10. Minimum.
                      The point light when dragged in while there is an avatar in scene crashes. As workaround I disable Support Point Light Whole Scene Shadows in editor settings, then it works.

But I have sent in a multitude of crash reports, from many different situations...
                      your system shows None.
                      Uh-oh!

I will recreate a crash, and then send in details. Possibly you will then maybe be able to trace why the system won't show you the specific crash report it appears I am sending in. We may discover there are several out there among the user base that aren't getting reported.
                      Last edited by Daffrendo; 07-29-2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

RTGI seems to break with physical light values. It's way too dim. Maybe the brightness of the RTGI doesn't scale correctly with the super high values in a physical lighting workflow?

With low values of the old workflow it seems to be fine.

Comment

I can launch a project with Material Layering and Raytracing on. But the editor crashes when I try to edit any instance of a material using the Layering system. I don't know if the same happens with raytracing disabled.
                          Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                          Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

Originally posted by RVillani View Post
                            I can launch a project with Material Layering and Raytracing on. But the editor crashes when I try to edit any instance of a material using the Layering system. I don't know if the same happens with raytracing disabled.
                            Somewhere I saw a post from Epic Staff saying the Material Layering system is on hold and not actively under development anymore and that anyone wanting to use it will have to maintain it. I understand that with the new rendering system under development to support realtime raytracing is to blame for this, so it does not make sense to work on something which depends heavily onto something still under developement, material layering and realtime raytracing respectively. So, I have a project used to test some ideas that turned great at the time, but after the statement it will need to be reworked hard and probably will not be elegant or simple as it was with the material layering. :-(

Nilson Lima
                            Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                            Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                            supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Link to download the latest preview of 4.23 please.

Comment

Has anyone been able to get receiving OSC bundles to work in Blueprints? The bundle is being sent correctly and UE4 is definitely receiving it since it triggers the event that's bound to the 'Bind Event to On OSC Bundle Received' node. Using 'Get Messages from Bundle' gives a message array of 0 size though.

Sending bundles and sending/receiving standalone messages works just fine.

Also, shouldn't there be a 'Get Address' node, so we can extract the address from messages? The only way to do this currently is with the event that's bound to the 'Bind Event to On OSC Received' node, which is obviously useless for bundles.
                                Last edited by CrowPath; 07-30-2019, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X