This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO IOS 13 DEPLOY
    As for 4.22, Unreal 4.23 preview 2 not deploy for IOS 13...

Comment

Originally posted by MitRA View Post
      PLEASE NOTICE THIS!!! UE-65983 still unresolved.

It's marked as "Cannot reproduce" but it's absolutely reproducable. GoogleVR plugin is BROKEN and you can't build anything for non-daydream phones. Where do i report of a bug in your bug report system?
      upd. It's not reproduced probably because it was tested on the Daydream phone and it's not mentioned in the issue page.
      You can find the bug submission form here.

Comment

Hello
        In 4.23 P2, I can't find Geometry Collection in Physics menu.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ScreenShot.png Views:	2 Size:	218.4 KB ID:	1643732

Last edited by Florent_Baudon; 07-19-2019, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Is the color grading settings UI broken? I'm not able to see any of the usual color wheels and sliders when checking a box in any of the settings (see attached image).

Edit: The same issue happens in a newly created project with 4.23 preview 2. I just filed a bug report.
          Last edited by virtualHC; 07-18-2019, 03:39 PM.

Comment

I have submitted a bug report for this preview which has a severe issue when Raytracing is ON, which makes any material with Noise node to fail compilation if the function is set to Voronoi. A great deal of assets will just stop working everywhere just because of this!
            Nilson Lima
            Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
            Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
            supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

is 4.23 finally having some good AA options?

Comment

blueprint enumeration - cannot be edited (from what I have noticed)
                Last edited by Alexsander1987; 07-18-2019, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturness View Post

nope something not right about rtgi on 4.23.0 P1 & P2 ..... 4.22.3 works fine but this preview release seems not working

Regarding RTGI of 4.23, you need to turn RTAO on and adjust the intensity to 0 in order to see a roughly normal RTGI, but it still has problems, and you will see some content start to flicker.

In addition, the translucency of RT in 4.23 is completely damaged and cannot be turned on; SSGI cannot be combined with RT effect; LPV can not be combined with RT Shadow effect from 4.22 to 4.23.

Comment

What happend to the input mapping in 4.23 ?
                    I see Speech mappings but the axis mapping is gone ? Am i stupid or what :/

Comment

Originally posted by Alexsander1987 View Post
                      blueprint enumeration - cannot be edited (from what I have noticed)
                      I'm also seeing this on 4.23.0 Preview 2. Clicking "New" in a blueprint enum doesn't create a new editable entry in the enumerator. New entries appear to be added (you can set them as default values in variables, use them in switches, etc.), but you can't rename or delete them.

Comment

Daydream quit bug still exists:
                        https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-70092
                        meaning Unreal un-usable for Daydream platform since 4.20
                        Are there any plans to update this or can we simply no longer update our daydream apps ever (need 4.20+ to work with the fix for target sdk 26+)

Additional 4.23 P2 observations:
                        * GearVR apps crash on startup (for Shipping builds - development works)
                        * Go & GearVR apps render black (multi-view + multi-view direct)
                        * 3D widgets are not visible on Daydream

Anyone else noticing those?
                        Last edited by aussieburger; 07-24-2019, 04:07 PM.
                        Headgear - VR/AR solutions

Comment

You can't add return types to Blueprint functions anymore. Trying to create a BP function with a return type and input type is impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Rakes View Post

Regarding RTGI of 4.23, you need to turn RTAO on and adjust the intensity to 0 in order to see a roughly normal RTGI, but it still has problems, and you will see some content start to flicker.

In addition, the translucency of RT in 4.23 is completely damaged and cannot be turned on; SSGI cannot be combined with RT effect; LPV can not be combined with RT Shadow effect from 4.22 to 4.23.
                            Development team-
                            I want to stress this Ray Tracing Global Illumination thing is a BIG deal for those of us perusing use of raytracing and involved in testing the raytracing development.
                            If these Previews are only meant really to test the new destructive demolition physics, with raytracing as an after thought, give us the heads up then so users don't waste time trying to troubleshoot.
                            Otherwise - Holy Cow - new line of code is wrecking raytracing!!!...LOL
                            We want what was working in 4.22.3, and want to see it here!
                            PS - Good finds Nocturness and Leo Rakes

THX Development Team!

Comment

Hi.

-I was wondering if the new SSGI works with older video cards on windows 7 or you need an RTX 2080 TI Card on the latest windows 10?

-Also, can the SSGI feature produce soft shadows from direct and indirect lighting for moving objects or is just for global light and color bouncing?...

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Daffrendo View Post

Development team-
                                I want to stress this Ray Tracing Global Illumination thing is a BIG deal for those of us perusing use of raytracing and involved in testing the raytracing development.
                                If these Previews are only meant really to test the new destructive demolition physics, with raytracing as an after thought, give us the heads up then so users don't waste time trying to troubleshoot.
                                Otherwise - Holy Cow - new line of code is wrecking raytracing!!!...LOL
                                We want what was working in 4.22.3, and want to see it here!
                                PS - Good finds Nocturness and Leo Rakes

THX Development Team!
                                The preview builds are expected to have issues from all the sub-streams or branches of development teams coming together for a release. There is always some stabilization and fallout from the copy-up merging of all these branches together that has to be resolved and tested. These builds are part of our QA process to stabilize and catch issues before release. Having the community use them earlier in our process by having a lot of previews helps call out issues or edge cases we may have missed otherwise and it lets anyone who wants to try things out earlier get that first look.

With each release, we post the preliminary highlighted features for that release so that everyone is aware of what's coming and they can start to try them out. For instance, Chaos is a big feature for this release, but it's not the only thing we're looking for feedback or bug reports on. Ray Tracing was released as "Beta" in 4.22 with the acknowledgement that there is still a lot of work to do. This release sees a number of improvements not only in stability but in some feature support for different geometry types and material types. RTGI is still very expensive and our devs are continually working to improve its performance but that too will take time.

All that being said, if you find issues, please report them! Even if you're not sure they are a bug or lack of implemented feature or it's a difference from previous release in how it works/looks that we've not intentionally called out, please report it. Our teams will investigate and be sure so that we can get fixed if it is a bug and if it's not we'll try to provide context where possible.

Daffrendo thanks for taking the time to try out the preview builds and report any issues you find. It really is appreciated and helps make a better release when it gets here!
                                Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                                UE4 Documentation

Comment

Working...
                                X