Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new learning portal preview is now live!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redsolar View Post
    1. Possibly add a dark background behind video when played non-fullscreen. The page background is white contrasting hard on mostly dark-ish videos.

2. "Course Updated" notice on the learning path (or outline) page doesn't state which particular video was updated. I would just like to be able to watch the particular updated content and retake the quiz if needed.

3. Maybe allow feedback at any given point during the training. Whether it's feedback in regards to a whole course or a particular topic video. Perhaps auto-include which page the feedback is sent from to help content developers pinpoint areas of concern.

4. Some of the learning paths have multiple courses repeating concepts already explained. I feel there could be some consolidation of concepts spoken of so that learning paths stay focused and take less time to accomplish the same result.

5. Please double-check content (quizzes being the biggest problem area) for typos and grammatical errors.

Thank you for the training material! Been learning some interesting things as someone new to UE.
    Thanks Red Solar... I'll pass the comments along. Some of those we already have in the works.

Chris
    Chris Murray
    Senior Manager Online Learning, Unreal Engine
    Twitter: @chrismmurray
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrismmurray/

Comment

Dear Chris

I am currently going through a few learning paths and am greatly enjoying the experience...
      One little issue on my latest course "Preparing Design Data for Optimal Performance"
      Quiz n°3 has questions related to collisions which are only treated in the video set after the quiz

I'm so enjoying the course that I wanted to do a Live stream on it, but.....there lies the issue..
      The displaying of our real names in the Academy course, in the Achievements page
      and in the discussions related to the courses. don't really want to dox myself on my first stream.^^

So I got two questions :

1) Is streaming my progression on a course, authorized or maybe even encouraged?
      2) how can I change my settings to not show my name to other users
      as stipulated in the personal settings ?
      "Your real name is private and will not be displayed to other users."

Thanks for your time and the great learning resource

Comment

Can we have something of Sjoerd level expertise but about programming or animation? After his course I feel like I have eaten 10 books in two days without brain overload. Unfortunately I can't find something even remotely as good on the internet.
        Available for contract hiring! Complex mechanics, quick game prototyping, VR, AI, Animation, Tools for designers.

Check out my latest game! Last Joy - 2D RPG with unique combat system.

Comment

Originally posted by chrismmurray_EG View Post

The linkedIn sharing is totally optional, and because the way LinkedIn works you will be required to manually fill out some of the course info to post it to your profile. This is a limitation of LI, not of the learning portal.

Chris
          Hi Chris! This site has been an awesome tool so far. I'm really enjoying it, and I'm finding tutorials for specific workflows that I've been unable to locate elsewhere.

Just regarding these badges, it actually looks like you have to fill out "all" of the course info. This kind of seems like it defeats the whole purpose of having a LinkedIn button next to each badge, unless I'm missing something, or maybe it's not functioning correctly? Not that I think it's a big deal, or that I would treat these as actual "qualifications". It just would have been nice to be able to add some of the more complex courses to my profile at the click of a button, without having to worry about figuring out what to quote as the issuing organisation, credential ID, URL, or whichever
          Attached Files

Comment

Me too ... I just can't figure out how to fill that form and I'd like to show my achievements on LinkedIn. Please someone acquainted with LI can help?

Comment

Originally posted by Nando Redavid View Post
              Me too ... I just can't figure out how to fill that form and I'd like to show my achievements on LinkedIn. Please someone acquainted with LI can help?

Input the badge name in the name field, and select Epic Games as the institution. This has worked to get the title of these courses on my profile, with the Epic Games logo, but it doesn't have a way to verify it yet. This is a feature that LinkedIn had problems with and it seems they are completely deprecating the entire "add to profile" feature. Just leave the Credential and URL (last two) blank. You can still come back to edit those later on. I am seriously considering using my Epic Account Username for the Credential ID and the Epic Games website for the Credential URL. It goes without saying that anyone who is interested in unreal engine, and has made it a part of their business will be familiar with the learning portal by now.

Comment

I don't see badge sharing icons at all on my Achievements page. What am I doing wrong? I'd lile to share this on LinkedIn.
                Post Processing material packs:
                ScreenFX Distortions and Blurs Marketplace | Website | Video
                ScreenFX Damage and Shield Effects Marketplace | Website | Video
                HomePage: deststudio.com
                Twitter: devast3d

Comment

@devaste3d. This functionality was temporarily disabled until platform could be made. Expect it to be available again by 9/20.

Comment

Any information about achievements links at LinkedIn?
                    And thanks a lot for awesome stuff!

Comment

Working...
                    X