Unreal Engine 4.22 Released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi all, my UE source build is complaining about the openxr_loader-0_90.lib is not there for linking to create the openXRInput.dll. There is no source\thirdparty\openxr\loader directory in the distribution zip file (4.22.1) -- Anyone else seeing this? Is this supposed to be built locally?

Thanks for any input

DR

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tero83 View Post
    hmm, i have nvidia 980, 8gb ram and never had that kind problems, waited 1,5 hours then ended it via task manager, it hasnt earlier take as long so it should now take so long
    It's not broken, and it *does* take that long. I don't intend to be mean, so please don't take this as such, but your expectations are off base.

Your machine specs are not at all adequate for a complete shader rebuild to be fast. You're looking at I think somewhere around 1k shaders to be rebuilt before the editor comes up, then all the shaders in your project itself will get rebuilt as well. For comparison to my machine, which just did this update this morning .. it took a bit over 20 minutes to get the editor up, and then another 20 minutes to get all my project shaders rebuilt. My hardware:

Core i7-4770k oc'd to 4.8ghz
    32 gig system ram
    2x Nvidia 1060 6GB video cards

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hmm, i have nvidia 980, 8gb ram and never had that kind problems, waited 1,5 hours then ended it via task manager, it hasnt earlier take as long so it should now take so long

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tero83 View Post
    i installed ue 4.22 update 4.22.1 now it stucks 45% loading, i have waited 30 minutes is it normal or what to do? why these updates are so broken
    45% is when it starts compiling shaders. If you open up Task Manager you should see a bunch of ShaderCompiler jobs spun up. Depending on your hardware, that may take a bit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i installed ue 4.22 update 4.22.1 now it stucks 45% loading, i have waited 30 minutes is it normal or what to do? why these updates are so broken

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another crash scenario, can't submit because it seems specific to my level. :/ :?

Getting this after rendering out frames is done in the sequencer.

Assertion failed: [File:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\UnrealEngine.cpp] [Line: 1895] Detected negative delta time - on AMD systems please install http://files.aoaforums.com/I3199-setup.zip.html - DeltaTime:-42.367134, bUseFixedFrameRate:1, bTimeWasManipulatedDebug:1, FixedFrameRate:24.000000

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by drichardson View Post

Don't know but you can vote/track the issue here.
    Uhh nice catch! Unfortunately it says: Target fix: 4.23 :/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by gozu View Post

I also have this issue, trying to run a packaged "developer" build. Works fine in editor, just a packaged build.
    Error also still happens in 4.22.1 (just tested)

Hmmm...
    This bug reported now.
    Bless whomever did that

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-73368

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by one.nonplus View Post
    Does 4.22.1 now allow Masked Materials with Raytracing?
    Yep according with docs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does 4.22.1 now allow Masked Materials with Raytracing?
    Last edited by one.nonplus; 04-28-2019, 08:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where the splash screen was closed too quickly when not using startup movie or early preload screen, leaving several seconds of black before the level loaded".

I have encountered this error on the phone. In version 4.22 it was notified of repair. Hope it works well. yayaya!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by markmarker View Post

Looks like it's somehow related to dx12 issue on laptops with optimus. No matter how hard i try editor hangs after a few seconds.
    did you report an issue, epic team couldnt reproduce it with me, maybe youll have better luck.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by robob3ar View Post
    guys I won't complain and swear at (basically) free software - come your ******* down

- however I will report that the hotfix update still didn't fix the freezing issue with the raytracing on 20180ti with multiple gpus and monitors - no workaround worked for me yet, either not on main monitor, all on main monitor etc.. any workarounds appreciated as well, and again on default settings UE will just choose crappiest gpu for some reason to render on, instead of the newest one.. and also I get the gizmo tool disappearing for some reason - have to switch to a new viewport where it shows up (or is this some new feature?)
    Looks like it's somehow related to dx12 issue on laptops with optimus. No matter how hard i try editor hangs after a few seconds.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JoeWintergreen View Post
    I'm having a weird issue with landscape foliage (placed through the landscape grass tool, not the foliage tool). It's coming up super bright - seemingly emissive, even though nothing is hooked up to emissive on the material. Looked like this in 4.21. Looks like this now. Notice how in the dark over there it's still real bright.

It actually looks like some green light is coming from somewhere and affecting this foliage, but I can't see how that could be. Here it is with sky lighting disabled - the grass should be black (because it's dark), but it's green, and the rocks (which are also landscape-grass) are also green (should be brown).
    Sadly the fix for this showstopper didn't make it into 4.22.1, I guess it's fixed and targeted for 4.22.2.

EDIT: Found the fix on Github https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...ded5475b997285. It works!
    Last edited by JoeWintergreen; 04-26-2019, 08:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TriNityGER View Post
    Uhm will the UnrealVS Visual studio plugin be updated to work with VS2019?
    Don't know but you can vote/track the issue here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X