Unreal Engine 4.22 Released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slavq View Post
    Auto instancing doesn't work until light mobility is changed, more info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengin...ancing_in_422/
    It still happens in the final 4.22. Directional Light must be set to Static, then again back to Stationary or Movable. Is this already reported or should I make a new bug report?
    Would you mind going ahead and reporting it here? Thanks!

Comment

The landscapes don't seem to be reflecting in the raytraced reflections over here or is it just me?

Comment

Originally posted by decksounds13 View Post
        The landscapes don't seem to be reflecting in the raytraced reflections over here or is it just me?
        Landscape geometry is not supported by ray tracing implementation in 4.22. It's one of the high priority geometry types to support in the future though.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Merricks View Post
          Where's the Gauntlet Documentation? :/
          These are in-progress. Hopefully we can have something for you soon!

Comment

Originally posted by FabioA View Post
            The new version looks great.

Can we expect documentation for the new and improved tools for the Virtual Production (as Composure and Media Output) anytime soon?
            Hi FabioA ,

We do have a bunch of new compositing with Composure docs coming. The are currently in our approvals and review process. So I don't have an exact ETA, but hopefully very soon for you!

Keep an eye on this section of documentation: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Engine/Composure2

For the Media Output, I'm not specifically aware of anything. Can you elaborate on what you'd like to see here and I can follow up with some people to see if anything is planned or possibly try and get a ticket in place for us to consider adding documentation.

Thank you!
            Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
            UE4 Documentation

Comment

So many issues upgrading from 4.21.0 to this release. Mobile previewer no longer renders the same way (lighting is washed out compared to 4.21.0 and actual IOS device), "draw as box" for images doesn't seem to be working on IOS devices for non-square images (renders as if set to "draw as image", causing stretching), my locale detection broke (could be a locale issue, could be a string table issue, still investigating) and the LoadingScreen plugin is completely broken now (still investigating)...
              PouncingKitten Games, LLC
              http://www.pouncingkitten.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post

Hi FabioA ,

We do have a bunch of new compositing with Composure docs coming. The are currently in our approvals and review process. So I don't have an exact ETA, but hopefully very soon for you!

Keep an eye on this section of documentation: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Engine/Composure2

For the Media Output, I'm not specifically aware of anything. Can you elaborate on what you'd like to see here and I can follow up with some people to see if anything is planned or possibly try and get a ticket in place for us to consider adding documentation.

Thank you!
                That's great, thank you very much!

For the Media Output I meant to say the "New Media I/O Formats and Devices", mentioned in the new features, sorry for that.

Comment

Originally posted by YuriyODonnell View Post

Landscape geometry is not supported by ray tracing implementation in 4.22. It's one of the high priority geometry types to support in the future though.
                  Landscape grass types and foliage tool geometry is not supported yet neither, right?

Comment

hey epic team! i'd love to try out the raytracing features unfortunately i'm getting a crash when trying to launch with -dx12 flag set.

here's my setup:
                    asus zenith xtreme x399 (latest bios 1701)
                    threadripper 2950x (no OC)
                    3 GPUs (first slot: zotac 2080 single blower, second slot TitanX, third slot zotac 2080 single blower)
                    64Gb RAM (corsair vengeance rbg pro, no OC, running at 3000mhz) DIMM slots A1 B1 C1 D1
                    win10pro (latest version 1809)
                    latest video drivers installed 419.67 (creator driver)

error message in log: https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...18/unknown.png (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED)
                    error window in the projects tab: https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...187&height=822 (Video driver crashed and was reset! Make sure your video drivers are up to date. Exiting...)

troubleshooting I did so far: remove all GPUs but one 2080, clean reinstall video drivers, remove second monitor (did that with 4.22 preview7 though, haven't found the time to try those steps again because of work)

haven't done a clean windows reinstall yet. I can launch the editor without the -dx12 flag without any errors and my system is stable otherwise.

have a great weekend and keep it up 4.22 looks amazing and niagara is a lot of fun even without raytracing
                    Last edited by theredbearded; 04-06-2019, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWintergreen View Post
                      I'm having a weird issue with landscape foliage (placed through the landscape grass tool, not the foliage tool). It's coming up super bright - seemingly emissive, even though nothing is hooked up to emissive on the material. Looked like this in 4.21. Looks like this now. Notice how in the dark over there it's still real bright.

It actually looks like some green light is coming from somewhere and affecting this foliage, but I can't see how that could be. Here it is with sky lighting disabled - the grass should be black (because it's dark), but it's green, and the rocks (which are also landscape-grass) are also green (should be brown).
                      Just quoting this because the links were broken before. Submitted a bug report also.
                      Impromptu Games|dev blog|twitter|itch.io store|Patreon
                      Impromptu Procedural Ladders|Impromptu Procedural Handrails|Impromptu Procedural Stairs
                      |Impromptu Fire Propagation|InFlux Example Game|Impromptu Vector Field Painter

Comment

WOW, I'M VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE LATEST VERSION!!!!!!
                        Thanks for a remarkable Performance Improvement (feels like custom made for my hardware)

Comment

I get this when trying to load any of my maps after moving from 4.21? even my menu map crashes the editor and its has hardly anything in it!

Edit

The issue seems to be with a group of blueprints which just crash the engine when I try to open them, this engine version needed more testing before released!

Any blueprint tried back to a UMG widget is crashing the editor!
                          Last edited by OverRated_AU; 04-07-2019, 06:45 AM.

Comment

So, what about Steam Audio plugin? Seems it doesn't work.

Not sure about another spatialization plugins.

UPD. Works after rebuilding phonons.
                            Last edited by YuriNK; 04-09-2019, 06:13 AM.
                            Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
                            And random stuff at Youtube

Comment

Seeing I can't report bugs due to the bug report page that just gets stuck on a loop after submitting ill post it here.

Running the editor in debug mode this is where the crashes are happening.

Blueprint Crash

Structure Crash

Attached Files
                              Last edited by OverRated_AU; 04-07-2019, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eros View Post
                                It seems that when only has VS2019 installed, GenerateProjectFiles will fail due to error C4800, which got fixed in 4.22 branch(not the release)。Copy GetMSBuildPath.bat from 4.22 branch will make GenerateProjectFiles works fine, but there is a more serious problem, package game function is broken due to bunch of errors:

You can fix the missing MSBuild 12.0 by installing 2017 build tools: https://www.visualstudio.com/thank-y...sku=BuildTools. You will have to install all the normal UE dependencies again.

Not sure about the syntax errors.
                                Last edited by mastercoms; 04-07-2019, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X