This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamie Dale View Post

SQLiteSupport used to be a runtime module that was moved to its own plug-in. It proves access to an SQLite database via our abstract database API.

SQLiteCore is new, and provides a minimal wrapper around the SQLite C API, using a custom "OS" implementation that uses the UE4 HAL for cross-platform support. If you specifically want to use an SQLite database, this is the version I'd recommend as it allows certain optimizations that the "support" library hides.

SQLiteSupport is implemented using SQLiteCore.

Everything I just said was also in the release notes (plus some more info); search for "SQLite" on the first post in this thread

There is no editor UI or assets for either. They're both for use directly in C++.
    Thank you for the reply. I looked at the release notes and didn't find it to explain my questions though.

So, if I want to use SQLite through blueprints, I have to buy a plugin from the marketplace?

Comment

Originally posted by spacegojira View Post
      So, if I want to use SQLite through blueprints, I have to buy a plugin from the marketplace?
      Our plugin doesn't expose anything to Blueprints but you could always write something yourself to expose it. Our current use-case for it was for editor features in C++, rather than as something to use as part of gameplay scripting.

Comment

Originally posted by polterageist View Post
        I have some issues on the new Engine version.
        1) I've tried to use LiveCoding feature, but unfortunately it can't compile project. It says error message:
        "Live coding is not enabled for UE4Editor-MobileUtils.dll.
        Configure the list of enabled modules from the Live Coding section of the editor preferences window."
        I've tried to add MobileUtils record to LiveCoding->PreloadNamedModules, but it has no effect. If I disable this plugin, error continues with the next plugin (I have few project's plugins).

2) I experienced repeated editor crash when I've tried to Launch game.

3) Packaged Win64 game is broken and crashes on start with message "Assertion failed: !linker->GetSerializeContext()", but I not sure is it worked previously. We use custom engine for our mobile builds, but for development we use Epic's Engine, and I didn't packaged game manually for a long time.

3) OnTouchMove on UMG widgets had been broken and stoped work correctly (at least in editor). I have to do few mouse moves with lmb down to make it work. If game window loses input focus, the error appears again.
        For issue 1),manually compile LiveCodingConsole should do the trick.

Comment

It seems that when only has VS2019 installed, GenerateProjectFiles will fail due to error C4800, which got fixed in 4.22 branch(not the release)。Copy GetMSBuildPath.bat from 4.22 branch will make GenerateProjectFiles works fine, but there is a more serious problem, package game function is broken due to bunch of errors:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): AllDesktop.Automation -> E:\UnrealEngine4\UnrealEngine-4.22.0-release\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationScripts\AllDesktop\AllDesktop.Automation.dll

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project file contains ToolsVersion="12.0". This toolset may be unknown or missing, in which case you may be able to resolve this by installing the appropriate version of MSBuild, or the build may have been forced to a particular ToolsVersion for policy reasons. Treating the project as if it had ToolsVersion="4.0". F
          or more information, please see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=291333.

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Framework\FileLockInfo.cs(21,68): error CS1525: Invalid expression term '[' [E:\UnrealEngine4\UnrealEngine-4.22.0-release\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Gauntlet\Gauntlet.Automation.csproj]
          UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Framework\FileLockInfo.cs(21,69): error CS1003: Syntax error, ':' expected [E:\UnrealEngine4\UnrealEngine-4.22.0-release\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Gauntlet\Gauntlet.Automation.csproj]
          UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Framework\FileLockInfo.cs(21,82): error CS1002: ; expected [E:\UnrealEngine4\UnrealEngine-4.22.0-release\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Gauntlet\Gauntlet.Automation.csproj]
          UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Framework\FileLockInfo.cs(21,82): error CS1525: Invalid expression term ']' [E:\UnrealEngine4\UnrealEngine-4.22.0-release\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Gauntlet\Gauntlet.Automation.csproj]
          UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Framework\FileLockInfo.cs(21,84): error CS1525: Invalid expression term '.' [E:\UnrealEngine4\UnrealEngine-4.22.0-release\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Gauntlet\Gauntlet.Automation.csproj]
          UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Framework\FileLockInfo.cs(21,85): error CS1003: Syntax error, ':' expected [E:\UnrealEngine4\UnrealEngine-4.22.0-release\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Gauntlet\Gauntlet.Automation.csproj]

Comment

My project packaged with some raytrace options when I execute it comes out without raytrace. I need to check any packaging or raytrace option? I also probe adding -dx12 in the direct access and the raytrace does not work in my packaged project either.
            When I run it from the editor raytrace it works perfect. But when I think the packaging raytrace does not work.
            Someone I think packaged with raytrace?

Comment

I've done some deeper research of my second issue. The reason of crash was ULandscapeSplinesComponent, which is placed in nested level. There is this code:

Spoiler

The crash occures in the CheckForErrors function at launching CookOnTheFly server:
              Code:
              UWorld* ThisOuterWorld = GetTypedOuter<UWorld>();
              check(IsRunningCommandlet() || ThisOuterWorld->WorldType == EWorldType::Editor);
              At the crash time WorldType is EWorldType::Inactive, so check failes.
              Last edited by polterageist; 04-04-2019, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Dale View Post

Our plugin doesn't expose anything to Blueprints but you could always write something yourself to expose it. Our current use-case for it was for editor features in C++, rather than as something to use as part of gameplay scripting.
                Every time i open the launcher it shows resume instead of launch on 4.22. After a while of doing who knows what it shows launch only for next time to ask all over again. I verified and it's all good. Any ideas why?

Also after trying out niagara i noticed that deleting a system and creating a new one again instead makes two copies. It keeps adding more each time you delete and create them off the emitter.
                Last edited by Magneto; 04-04-2019, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerdsbeware View Post

Someone mentioned in the preview that the setting for grass to use the landscape lightmaps was not working properly.

Not sure if you are using baked lighting though?
                  I am, yeah, and that would explain it. Hope this gets taken care of in the first hotfix!
                  Impromptu Games|dev blog|twitter|itch.io store|Patreon
                  Impromptu Procedural Ladders|Impromptu Procedural Handrails|Impromptu Procedural Stairs
                  |Impromptu Fire Propagation|InFlux Example Game|Impromptu Vector Field Painter

Comment

I've tired to build engine from source with VS2019 and received compilation errors in Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\RayTracing\RayTracingReflections.cpp and Engine\Plugins\FX\Niagara\Source\NiagaraEditor\Private\NiagaraCompiler.cpp related to implicit conversion of int32 to bool.

Comment

Also receiving Assertion failed: !Linker->GetSerializeContext() on any development builds

[2019.04.05-08.09.46:233][ 0]LogStreaming: Error: ****DumpDependencies [Dependencies]:
                      [2019.04.05-08.09.46:233][ 0]LogStreaming: Error: Obj is nullptr
                      Fatal error: [File:V:\Applications\Epic Games\UE_4.22_Source\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\Serialization\AsyncLoading.cpp] [Line: 3162]
                      Missing Dependency, request for /Engine/Animation/DefaultAnimCurveCompressionSettings.DefaultAnimCurveCompressionSettings but it was still waiting for creation.

Comment

Edit2: Ok, I just had to check Component Replicates box in spawned components which wasn't an issue in previous versions but makes sense.

Has something changed about how Network Owner works? Previously it would set automatically for characters placed in level. But now I have to set it manually. I'm not very good at networking and managed to make a working multiplayer system in previous version but now it doesn't work even if I set Owner manually. So is this a bug or do I have to do something different in this version?
                        Edit: I'm talking about blueprints.; Perhaps I'm so terrible at networking I managed to break it to work in previous version :P

Looks like Get Owner returns nothing even in previous versions, I don't know why I remembered it differently, sorry if anyone read this and got confused.
                        Last edited by Nicat; 04-05-2019, 06:33 AM.
                        HeadsAndBrains
                        MARKETPLACE | YouTube

Comment

The new version looks great.

Can we expect documentation for the new and improved tools for the Virtual Production (as Composure and Media Output) anytime soon? I'm really lost in these.

Also I think there's need for a dedicated forum section about Virtual Production.

Thank you

Comment

3) Packaged Win64 game is broken and crashes on start with message "Assertion failed: !linker->GetSerializeContext()", but I not sure is it worked previously. We use custom engine for our mobile builds, but for development we use Epic's Engine, and I didn't packaged game manually for a long time.
                            I've tried to enable EventDriven loading and now it actually works. Previously I had neither EventDriven nor separate thread loading. Seems that old sync loading is broken.

Comment

3) OnTouchMove on UMG widgets had been broken and stoped work correctly (at least in editor). I have to do few mouse moves with lmb down to make it work. If game window loses input focus, the error appears again.
                              I've investigated problem deeper and found out this steps of bug:
                              1) Application receives OnTouchDown event, it routes as it should, and some widget requests mouse capture
                              2) In ProcessReply function SlateApplication iterates over all other widgets and sends MouseLeave to it
                              3) GameViewpoerClient receives OnMouseLeave and decides to send fake OnTouchUp to current pointer coordinates
                              4) Our widget receives this event and whoala, we received OnTouchDown and OnTouchUp at same time, which is obviously incorrect.
                              Here is the code which was added 3 mounth ago:
                              GameViewportClient.cpp
                              Code:
                              #if PLATFORM_DESKTOP || PLATFORM_HTML5
                                          TSharedPtr<class SViewport> ViewportWidget = GetGameViewportWidget();
                                          if (ViewportWidget.IsValid() && !ViewportWidget->HasFocusedDescendants())
                                          {
                                              FVector2D CursorPos(LastViewportCursorPos.X, LastViewportCursorPos.Y);
                                              FSlateApplication::Get().SetGameIsFakingTouchEvents(false, &CursorPos);
                                          }
                              #endif
                              Last edited by polterageist; 04-05-2019, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Auto instancing doesn't work until light mobility is changed, more info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengin...ancing_in_422/
                                It still happens in the final 4.22. Directional Light must be set to Static, then again back to Stationary or Movable. Is this already reported or should I make a new bug report?

Comment

Working...
                                X