Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Paragon ASSETS work with version 4.22? is that in each ASSET says that the version is from 4.19 to 4.21 ... Thanks

Comment

Thanks. I wonder why they don't just post those links together with their release notes if they exist. :thinking:

Comment

Does the multi user feature means that all computers must be in the same place?
        Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/Otholithe-g...6187709110889/
        YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuS...IIFzVZZVmfniug
        Discord : https://discord.gg/sRaBU3

Comment

Originally posted by Grot13 View Post
          Does the multi user feature means that all computers must be in the same place?
          Not specifically. The computers should be on the same network but do not have to be in the same location. You would need to use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) for this though so that you can be on a separate network at another location and still find the opened multi-user session on the network you want to connect to.
          Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
          UE4 Documentation
          Wiki Troubleshooting Guides: Lighting | Swarm Agent | Destructibles |

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post

Not specifically. The computers should be on the same network but do not have to be in the same location. You would need to use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) for this though so that you can be on a separate network at another location and still find the opened multi-user session on the network you want to connect to.
            I gave a try to Pixel Streaming time ago on AWS EC2 instance over a VPN. So I think MU runs fine over VPN. The problem is when having a ISP that changes public IP every week... (Movistar)
            Santiago Rivera.
            > 25 years as 3D and 4D AEC Freelance CGI Artist.
            Worldwide technical AEC and Laboratory projects.

4dconstructionphasing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post

Can you comment on the Visual Studio 2019 C4800 error bug outlined before?

I'm not sure if I should make the change fully. So far, this is the only problem I've encountered with VS2019.

Comment

Sprites depth sorting along axis doesn't work anymore. Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by v_i_m View Post
                  Sprites depth sorting along axis doesn't work anymore. Thx.
                  Would you please report this using our submission form?

Comment

Originally posted by AmbiguousInt View Post
                    I'm getting a weird issue here. I'm getting more drawcalls in 4.22 than I am in 4.21.1. About 2k more to be exact.
                    Our team was surprised to see these results and was wondering if you had unbuilt lighting in the scene. If that's not the issue, could you file a bug report and let me know the title so we can follow up on it?

Comment

Unreal Engine is so incredible and all features and the engine are available for FREE. Thanks Epic, thanks, thanks, thanks , a thousand of big thanks !!!!

Thanks !!!!!!!

The only regret that i have its because i have not a graphic card compatible DX12, for the many new features on the 4.22.
                      Last edited by Slash3rRr; 04-03-2019, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Got the multi user editing running via Hamachi.
                        Amazing! It reminds me of VRChat 2 : Developer edition.

But this tool seems way too early even for early access. Whenever we save a basic sample map, the RAM usage of the server starts exploding, up to 12 GB of RAM which totally halts the process.
                        A few desynch bugs exist, such as when two people try to move the same object at the same time, or when the presence actor is updated (create your own or use the existing one, move the mesh, press save); the presence actor then gets re-instantiated for everyone using it, which is good, but a replica gets created that just stands in the air and is not even clickable.

As long as saving levels is almost impossible without the server crashing or using up all your RAM by dumping files, that's too much.

Comment

Originally posted by floke View Post
                          Really excited to play with this!

I noticed that the Blackmagic Decklink plug-in is still only available for 4.21. Will the new version (with support for 4K i/o) be released soon?

I’m also hoping that the documentation for the new Composure will be available soon, and hopefully a bit more in-depth than the current tutorials.
                          I'm in the same boat here, I was working on something in .21 that I liked and I would love to take advantage of 4K but can't do that until the plugins work. Or is there a new method of accessing the inputs?

Comment

Where's the Gauntlet Documentation? :/

Comment

Originally posted by Jay2645 View Post
                              Could we get some clarification as to what a subsystem is and how to use it?

Say I want to replicate ShooterGameInstance from the ShooterGame example using subsystems. Is it as easy as just migrating all the ShooterGameInstance code into a class inheriting from UGameInstanceSubsystem? How do I "tell" the GameInstance that it's using a certain subsystem without "modifying or overriding" an engine class?

I understand how to access the subsystem from C++/Blueprints, but I don't understand when you'd want to use one or how to "point" a GameInstance/LocalPlayer/etc. at a certain subsystem, or what a subsystem is supposed to "do."

Edit: Answering my own question here. It's like a component versus an actor:
                              • Each object which can have a subsystem has a FSubsystemCollection associated with it. This FSubsystemCollection takes a template, so to use my GameInstance example, UGameInstance contains FSubsystemCollection<UGameInstanceSubsystem>.
                              • When the GameInstance Init function gets called, the FSubsystemCollection looks at everything which inherits from UGameInstanceSubsystem (or whatever subsystem it's using at the time). If USubsystem->ShouldCreateSubsystem returns true, then it'll create the associated subsystem as a new object, parented to whatever the FSubsystemCollection says its parent should be (UGameInstance, in our case). So in reality, all our subsystems get created as children of our main system.
                              • The end result is that you can call UGameInstance->GetSubsystem with any valid child class of UGameInstanceSubsystem and it'll return an instance of that class. It's similar to having a component on an actor.
                              • By itself, a subsystem doesn't actually do anything. Nothing gets called on it, and it doesn't override any functions. You have Initialize and Deinitialize to start and stop the subsystem, but otherwise it's an open book as to what you do with it. It just makes code clearer for non-actor objects which could benefit from a component-like interface.
                              Seems to be an implementation of the Service Locator pattern. Awesome, I was just about to implement my own

Comment

Thank you Epic! This release is REVOLUTIONARY !!!! Also,, please allow to update Marketplace plugins to v4.22 because this version is unavaliable in file update section & developers are waiting to use their plugins with official Release. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                                X