Unreal Engine 4.22 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really excited to play with this!

I noticed that the Blackmagic Decklink plug-in is still only available for 4.21. Will the new version (with support for 4K i/o) be released soon?

I’m also hoping that the documentation for the new Composure will be available soon, and hopefully a bit more in-depth than the current tutorials.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post

I hear ya! However, keep in mind that this set of features is still Early Access and I didn't want to over-promise on these features by including a release build only to have to change it.

If it's listed there, it's planned to be supported or at the very least investigated, which is the case with Virtual Reality. Some Ray Tracing features will probably be too expensive to work well with VR however some, like shadow support, may be good enough, but it's something that has to be looked into and wasn't within the scope of 4.22's release.

I'm managing this set of docs, so I intend to update as things become more concrete because I do get how excited everyone is for these features and how much they are looking forward to implementing them in their own projects!
      Thanks Tim! As I'm already spending half (or more) of my frame time in VR with shadows (both CSM and DF Shadows), I am definitely looking forward a lot to see how raytraced shadows perform in comparison.

I understand you don't want to over-promise too much, but do you maybe have a list of priority regarding the order in which the currently unsupported engine features will get support for raytracing? Is VR relatively high up on that list, or not? It would just be nice to have a rough order to know what to expect, and what might make sense to add support for myself in the engine. I'm always reading through all commits in dev-rendering anyways, and I might just switch to dev-rendering or try to cherry pick it from there once the things I need are supported for raytracing in there, so which UE4 version it ends up in isn't really that relevant to me.
      Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
      Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Fortunately all games are still running above 60fps when packaged... So I won't get fired yet.
        But Epic Games, WTH did you do to your editor?? WTH is this, man ??
        4.22 editor became unusable to me!

| Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
          4.22 editor became unusable to me!
          Similar here, now if you place a Text in a Blueprint Function Library which references to any StringTable (even if it's open and loaded), the editor consistently crashes when trying to save. I reported it of course, but if anyone has a bit bigger project, I'd refrain from updating just yet.
          LinkedIn, Engine Contributions
          Polars (WIP), Game Jam Projects
          Marketplace: Viewport Utilities, Blueprint Streams, Control Structures

Comment

What is Subsystem node?

Comment

I noticed that together with the newly released VS2019, I got two errors of C4800 (implicit conversion to bool, might cause loss of data), which, according to Microsoft docs, should only be a warning, not an error.
              It stops me from compiling and I can't reasonably fix this (dependent on a third party).

It seems like some "Treat warnings as errors" toggle is activated somewhere by default, but I can't find where.
              Any information on this?

Comment

Mellnik Are you sure you've enabled the new Live++ feature in the project settings?

Comment

Originally posted by Quexlaw View Post
                  I noticed that together with the newly released VS2019, I got two errors of C4800 (implicit conversion to bool, might cause loss of data), which, according to Microsoft docs, should only be a warning, not an error.
                  It stops me from compiling and I can't reasonably fix this (dependent on a third party).

It seems like some "Treat warnings as errors" toggle is activated somewhere by default, but I can't find where.
                  Any information on this?
                  Had the same issue, fixed it by also installing 2017 side-by-side. This is probably not the answer you were hoping for though.

Comment

These new subsystems are something I've wanted for years, the engine really needed something like this.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
                    Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by DamirH View Post

Had the same issue, fixed it by also installing 2017 side-by-side. This is probably not the answer you were hoping for though.
                      I've had VS2017 installed and compiled it before upgrading to VS2019, which of course worked fine, but I don't think you "fixed" it. I just think you used the VS2017 compiler instead of the 2019 one. I guess I can keep on using VS2017 for now but I'd rather not.

Comment

How come nobody is talking about Concert and the MultiUser editing abilities ? :|

Thats the main highlight of this release for me, the potential for collaborative work is GINORMOUS !

Also, avatar hats.

Antoine Guillo, FR
                        Virtual Reality Designer
                        https://groupe-legendre.com/

Comment

Originally posted by zhivkob View Post
                          Mellnik Are you sure you've enabled the new Live++ feature in the project settings?
                          I think this has nothing to do with Live++. In the changelog it says they have optimized the UnrealBuildTool and UnrealHeaderTool. It even says that a full build takes 30% less time.
                          Unfortunately I notice no improvement at all...
                          Last edited by Mellnik; 04-03-2019, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendreVR View Post
                            How come nobody is talking about Concert and the MultiUser editing abilities ? :|

Thats the main highlight of this release for me, the potential for collaborative work is GINORMOUS !

Also, avatar hats.
                            That looks amazing, how do you enable this? I found the plugin and enabled it, but I don't know how to setup a server for that. "Available servers" doesn't list any and no information as to how to make one available.

Comment

I would really love to hear about actual developer experiences on collaborative map editing. Any way I slice it it just looks like a silly gimmick to put on the engine feature list to attract cash-cows for the marketplace, not something an actual studio would use.

Comment

Originally posted by Quexlaw View Post

That looks amazing, how do you enable this? I found the plugin and enabled it, but I don't know how to setup a server for that. "Available servers" doesn't list any and no information as to how to make one available.
                                https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...er/MultiUserGS
                                https://www.artstation.com/artist/apq

Comment

Working...
                                X