Unreal Engine 4.22 Released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Build times did not change at all for me. It takes 1 minute for a full rebuild and 32 seconds for an incremental build in 4.22, same as in 4.21.
    Using latest VS2017.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Woooohoooow finally. But download speed is soooo slow I guess the Epic Servers are at their limit
    Can't wait to test the new compilation improvements!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anyone else seeing a huge performance hit on Oculus Go/GearVR with 4.22?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So to change the C++ standard I have to change both UE4 target.cs as well as the project target.cs?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks great..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey hey! congrats on the release.
    Sadly --even after discussing with VictorLerp -- the cascade bug is still present.
    I submitted another bug-report just in case.
    Video showing the issue:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Unfortunately NVLink Bridge is not yet supported.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
    Thanks! The new Raytacing documentation is great. I wish it would mention though if support for the currently unsupported things is planned at some point for raytracing, I especially wonder about:

1. Virtual Reality
    2. HISMC
    3. Procedural Mesh

those are currently marked as "No" regarding raytracing support. Is support for that coming soon, or not planned at all?
    I hear ya! However, keep in mind that this set of features is still Early Access and I didn't want to over-promise on these features by including a release build only to have to change it.

If it's listed there, it's planned to be supported or at the very least investigated, which is the case with Virtual Reality. Some Ray Tracing features will probably be too expensive to work well with VR however some, like shadow support, may be good enough, but it's something that has to be looked into and wasn't within the scope of 4.22's release.

I'm managing this set of docs, so I intend to update as things become more concrete because I do get how excited everyone is for these features and how much they are looking forward to implementing them in their own projects!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great work! looking forward to implementing a ton into my workflows. Thanks Epic

Are there any plans to update some of the documentation on the new composure workflows? Its all a black box for me right now, and very different than the current docs. Or even a few hints. ie load plugin-add composure panel-create new comp-add layer to the comp and camera. Use layer panels to isolate objects you want to add to the comp layer etc
    Is that new panel strictly for exporting layers?
    Or do we comp in there? how to add white backgound to geometry we put on layer.
    Can we have unlit material and shadow, like the old workflow?

-D
    Last edited by rasamaya; 04-02-2019, 01:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not sure I understand the Subsystem nodes. Does it mean I can override GameInstance then access my custom variables without having to cast to MyGameInstance? I always hated having to do that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's happening! So many cool new features! Thanks Epic!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hahaha finally :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great!!!! After 7 Prereleases today is what we were waiting for. A Game changer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks! The new Raytacing documentation is great. I wish it would mention though if support for the currently unsupported things is planned at some point for raytracing, I especially wonder about:

1. Virtual Reality
    2. HISMC
    3. Procedural Mesh

those are currently marked as "No" regarding raytracing support. Is support for that coming soon, or not planned at all?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yess!! Finally. Realtime Raytracing, here we go.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X