Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Grot13 View Post
    Does the multi user feature means that all computers must be in the same place?
    Not specifically. The computers should be on the same network but do not have to be in the same location. You would need to use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) for this though so that you can be on a separate network at another location and still find the opened multi-user session on the network you want to connect to.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does the multi user feature means that all computers must be in the same place?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks. I wonder why they don't just post those links together with their release notes if they exist. :thinking:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Paragon ASSETS work with version 4.22? is that in each ASSET says that the version is from 4.19 to 4.21 ... Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Quexlaw View Post

That looks amazing, how do you enable this? I found the plugin and enabled it, but I don't know how to setup a server for that. "Available servers" doesn't list any and no information as to how to make one available.
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...er/MultiUserGS

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would really love to hear about actual developer experiences on collaborative map editing. Any way I slice it it just looks like a silly gimmick to put on the engine feature list to attract cash-cows for the marketplace, not something an actual studio would use.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LegendreVR View Post
    How come nobody is talking about Concert and the MultiUser editing abilities ? :|

Thats the main highlight of this release for me, the potential for collaborative work is GINORMOUS !

Also, avatar hats.
    That looks amazing, how do you enable this? I found the plugin and enabled it, but I don't know how to setup a server for that. "Available servers" doesn't list any and no information as to how to make one available.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zhivkob View Post
    Mellnik Are you sure you've enabled the new Live++ feature in the project settings?
    I think this has nothing to do with Live++. In the changelog it says they have optimized the UnrealBuildTool and UnrealHeaderTool. It even says that a full build takes 30% less time.
    Unfortunately I notice no improvement at all...
    Last edited by Mellnik; 04-03-2019, 09:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How come nobody is talking about Concert and the MultiUser editing abilities ? :|

Thats the main highlight of this release for me, the potential for collaborative work is GINORMOUS !

Also, avatar hats.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DamirH View Post

Had the same issue, fixed it by also installing 2017 side-by-side. This is probably not the answer you were hoping for though.
    I've had VS2017 installed and compiled it before upgrading to VS2019, which of course worked fine, but I don't think you "fixed" it. I just think you used the VS2017 compiler instead of the 2019 one. I guess I can keep on using VS2017 for now but I'd rather not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    These new subsystems are something I've wanted for years, the engine really needed something like this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Quexlaw View Post
    I noticed that together with the newly released VS2019, I got two errors of C4800 (implicit conversion to bool, might cause loss of data), which, according to Microsoft docs, should only be a warning, not an error.
    It stops me from compiling and I can't reasonably fix this (dependent on a third party).

It seems like some "Treat warnings as errors" toggle is activated somewhere by default, but I can't find where.
    Any information on this?
    Had the same issue, fixed it by also installing 2017 side-by-side. This is probably not the answer you were hoping for though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mellnik Are you sure you've enabled the new Live++ feature in the project settings?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I noticed that together with the newly released VS2019, I got two errors of C4800 (implicit conversion to bool, might cause loss of data), which, according to Microsoft docs, should only be a warning, not an error.
    It stops me from compiling and I can't reasonably fix this (dependent on a third party).

It seems like some "Treat warnings as errors" toggle is activated somewhere by default, but I can't find where.
    Any information on this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What is Subsystem node?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X