Unreal Engine 4.22 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amoser View Post

Yeah, I've been afraid that this one would slip through the cracks as soon as I discovered it, because it's not obvious that something is wrong if there are only a few materials using that node in a scene. It seems like it's actually broken for every material that uses a "Texture Object" node at all. I've submitted another bug report.
    Well, I'm getting increasingly confused by this. I received an e-mail reply to my report saying that this couldn't be reproduced and asking for a sample project. I sent one in, but haven't heard back after a week.

The issue is very apparent when being deliberately reproduced, and I've tested it on several machines, so I'm not sure where to go next. All of the issues created regarding this issue have been closed as duplicates, but there's nothing to indicate what they're duplicates of. One even cites a "fix" commit, but the contents of that commit are completely unrelated.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	materials.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	456.1 KB
ID:	1627157

Name:	bounceLight.png
Views:	32
Size:	579.1 KB
ID:	1627158

Using the "Visualize Material Diffuse" lightmass setting also demonstrates the problem -- the world aligned version is just black.

Name:	visualizeDiffuse.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	1627156
    Is there a workaround for this problem that I'm unaware of (other than not using any "Texture Object" nodes at all)?

Comment

Fixed! UE-73066 iOS app icons appear blank on device for C++ projects packaged from Mac
      Have this issue at 4.22.1!

Comment

In the latest rendering branch, Landscape and Foliage, as well as WPO, DXR GI and other issues have been effectively solved, and 4.22 version is being updated 4.22.3.

What I want to know is, will the Rendering Branch's Landscape. Foliage, SSGI and WPO functions be merged into 4.22.3 updates? There are many DXR problems in 4.22.2 now, except that many content does not support DXR, stability and GI performance consumption, WPO support in material makes many content can not use DXR very well. If 4.22.3 is not ready to merge these content, request that this part of the content be merged into 4.22.3 updates.

Because if this content has to wait until 4.23, it means that we need to wait for EPIC to release 4.23 in 2-3 months, and then wait for other plug-ins and content providers to release the plug-ins in 1 month, which means that we have to wait another 5 months for DXR with better distance, which is very painful.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Rakes View Post
          In the latest rendering branch, Landscape and Foliage, as well as WPO, DXR GI and other issues have been effectively solved, and 4.22 version is being updated 4.22.3.

What I want to know is, will the Rendering Branch's Landscape. Foliage, SSGI and WPO functions be merged into 4.22.3 updates?
          These changes will be in 4.23. Some of these make bigger changes that are out of the scope of a hotfix release like 4.22.3 and are developed for the next major release.
          Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
          UE4 Documentation

Comment

Hi, multiple person are facing issue with IOS marketing icon not set properly in plist file. As a consequence, the ipa build is rejected during the apploader submission.

I open a case: 00115453 for this with links of forum/answerhub of person facing this issue.

Tim Hobson if you can look into it for 4.22.3 fix, because we can't release our game due to that bug and we can't revert back to an older engine.

4.21 was already bugged for remote build, and now 4.22 is bugged at another level of the process. I hope you can help to solve that shortly and not wait for a major release.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Elvince View Post
              Hi, multiple person are facing issue with IOS marketing icon not set properly in plist file. As a consequence, the ipa build is rejected during the apploader submission.

I open a case: 00115453 for this with links of forum/answerhub of person facing this issue.

Tim Hobson if you can look into it for 4.22.3 fix, because we can't release our game due to that bug and we can't revert back to an older engine.

4.21 was already bugged for remote build, and now 4.22 is bugged at another level of the process. I hope you can help to solve that shortly and not wait for a major release.

Thanks,
              iOS isn't something I'm familiar with, at least not with this part of the process. I've reached out to the support tech that is assigned the case and he's looking into it now. Once I have a JIRA I can reference that. However, I'm not sure what the ETA and cutoff for 4.22.3 hotfix submissions are at the moment, so my best guess is if it's not a known or previously reported issue, it may not be in 4.22.3.

However, once the JIRA has a fix, this is propagated to our GitHub with the CL so you can always cherry-pick that CL to resolve the issue in your project as well. It just may be a little longer. Again, I can't give exact specifics since I don't really have any other info to go off of at the moment.
              UE4 Documentation

Comment

Elvince

The issue was submitted yesterday and you can follow the status here: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-50162

It's in our Triage phase, so hopefully we'll have some notes soon on this ticket as to a fix or status.
                UE4 Documentation

Comment

Tim Hobson
                  Thanks for the follow up.

They have reopened a old case to track it : https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-50162
                  Please vote for it to get it fixed.

I really hope to have a fix in the next hot fix. We are on the way to release our game and this is a show stopper. We lost BETA testing period due to 4.21 that was buggy with remote builds, and now I can send my game to "test flight", so I can't reach Beta tester that are not near to us (for the others, I push the game manually on their phone).

Comment

so..... when are we getting lightmap baking with dxr/rtx....gpu light map baking?

Comment

Originally posted by kurylo3d View Post
                      so..... when are we getting lightmap baking with dxr/rtx....gpu light map baking?
                      There are plans to work on it that we announced at GDC during our Ray Tracing talk for future initiatives but there's no ETA that's been announced. All I can say is to keep an eye on our future major releases.

With regards to 4.23, Ray Tracing and Path Tracing will receive a number of improvements but Ray Traced baking is not one of them.
                      UE4 Documentation

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post

There are plans to work on it that we announced at GDC during our Ray Tracing talk for future initiatives but there's no ETA that's been announced. All I can say is to keep an eye on our future major releases.

With regards to 4.23, Ray Tracing and Path Tracing will receive a number of improvements but Ray Traced baking is not one of them.
                        Well thats disappointing. Raytracing is fun and all, but it adds no benefit to development times as it currently stands. Nor can a game run exclusively with the raytracing stuff at the moment just because not all consumers can use it. Really hope you guys get the bake lightmapping speed improvements soon...

Comment

Switching animation blueprints is broken in 4.22, as described here. https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...7556/view.html

EDIT: I've since found a working fix for me, and posted the details here in the original answer. Hope that helps someone else!

This is a pretty bad blocking bug and hard crashes the engine/editor on a basic use case, so I'm curious:
                          Seeing as the fix is in the repo, when might we expect 4.22.3 to be released? Days? Weeks?

Last edited by underscorediscovery; 06-14-2019, 11:59 PM. Reason: Adding link to workaround

Comment

Well, yes, but there's a way around this. Ray-tracing in gaming will mature with the release of new consoles next year, the next generation of AMD and NVidia cards.
                            It's already safe to develop the game with ray-tracing in mind if you're gonna release game around that time or later. We don't need majority of consumers to able run it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Ergot View Post
                              Well, yes, but there's a way around this. Ray-tracing in gaming will mature with the release of new consoles next year, the next generation of AMD and NVidia cards.
                              It's already safe to develop the game with ray-tracing in mind if you're gonna release game around that time or later. We don't need majority of consumers to able run it yet.
                              i dont care about consoles .. i care about pcs.. and many pc gamers are still running on gtx280... not 2080TI rtx... plus if your product is in vr.. you need all the fps you can get.

Comment

And development of ray-tracing brougt us mesh drawing refactor with dynamic mesh instancing which increases framerate (depends on game, of course).
                                At least ray-tracing was one of the main reason for doing it now.

Funny thing is that many people could say "I don't care about VR, foucs on flat games", but such statements would lead us nowhere. It's general purpose engine used to develop very different products.

Comment

Working...
                                X