This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tero83 View Post
    i installed ue 4.22 update 4.22.1 now it stucks 45% loading, i have waited 30 minutes is it normal or what to do? why these updates are so broken
    45% is when it starts compiling shaders. If you open up Task Manager you should see a bunch of ShaderCompiler jobs spun up. Depending on your hardware, that may take a bit.
    Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

hmm, i have nvidia 980, 8gb ram and never had that kind problems, waited 1,5 hours then ended it via task manager, it hasnt earlier take as long so it should now take so long

Comment

Originally posted by tero83 View Post
        hmm, i have nvidia 980, 8gb ram and never had that kind problems, waited 1,5 hours then ended it via task manager, it hasnt earlier take as long so it should now take so long
        It's not broken, and it *does* take that long. I don't intend to be mean, so please don't take this as such, but your expectations are off base.

Your machine specs are not at all adequate for a complete shader rebuild to be fast. You're looking at I think somewhere around 1k shaders to be rebuilt before the editor comes up, then all the shaders in your project itself will get rebuilt as well. For comparison to my machine, which just did this update this morning .. it took a bit over 20 minutes to get the editor up, and then another 20 minutes to get all my project shaders rebuilt. My hardware:

Core i7-4770k oc'd to 4.8ghz
        32 gig system ram
        2x Nvidia 1060 6GB video cards

Comment

Hi all, my UE source build is complaining about the openxr_loader-0_90.lib is not there for linking to create the openXRInput.dll. There is no source\thirdparty\openxr\loader directory in the distribution zip file (4.22.1) -- Anyone else seeing this? Is this supposed to be built locally?

Thanks for any input

DR

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

45% is when it starts compiling shaders. If you open up Task Manager you should see a bunch of ShaderCompiler jobs spun up. Depending on your hardware, that may take a bit.
            Agreed. I've seen it quite a bit being stuck at 45%.... nothing is wrong.
            "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
            -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.22 here.

Comment

Originally posted by eblade View Post

It's not broken, and it *does* take that long. I don't intend to be mean, so please don't take this as such, but your expectations are off base.

Your machine specs are not at all adequate for a complete shader rebuild to be fast. You're looking at I think somewhere around 1k shaders to be rebuilt before the editor comes up, then all the shaders in your project itself will get rebuilt as well. For comparison to my machine, which just did this update this morning .. it took a bit over 20 minutes to get the editor up, and then another 20 minutes to get all my project shaders rebuilt. My hardware:

Core i7-4770k oc'd to 4.8ghz
              32 gig system ram
              2x Nvidia 1060 6GB video cards
              tero83 i take part of that back -- it was only a 20 minute shader recompile when going from 4.22.0 to 4.22.1. I'm having a longer than 1 hour shader recompile on a project that is being moved from 4.9 to 4.22.1. SO, it's not rebuilding *all* the shaders, just a lot of them.

Comment

Originally posted by eblade View Post

tero83 i take part of that back -- it was only a 20 minute shader recompile when going from 4.22.0 to 4.22.1. I'm having a longer than 1 hour shader recompile on a project that is being moved from 4.9 to 4.22.1. SO, it's not rebuilding *all* the shaders, just a lot of them.
                hmm, so i have been waiting for empty project opening at 45% now 6 hours, it will be normal, lol

Comment

Originally posted by northstar View Post
                  having problems with with shadows on new landscapes also, but i have an old 4.21 landscape that seems to work for now... 1050ti soooo, i will never have raytracing sooooo... well there you go
                  whoops... my bad... seems the default cascade shading is a bit lower than i usually use... 50000, and 8... bing bang boom... no harm no foul (smile)

Comment

hello, someone could see why the sprites in paper2d are distorted in movement, when you do it from a blank project? the picture is paper2d with gravity.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by darkxex; 05-02-2019, 03:14 PM.

Comment

I have been using 4.22.0 since its release, and it's been working great (used mostly DX12/Raytracing with my RTX2080Ti), but since the 4.22.1 hotfix, UE is unusable for me. It can be fine for a minute or so (if I'm lucky), but after that, the screen turns black, I get some flickering tooltip boxes and nothing works.
                      As I said I have a 2080Ti, the drivers are the latest Creator Ready drivers (same as I used for 4.22.0), latest Windows 10 (1809 I think) and nothing else have changed except the update.
                      I hope there can be a new hotfix to fix the hotfix, cause I really can't work with this. Other than this, I'm usually very pleased with Unreal Engine and think 4.22 was a great release until the hotfix.
                      It seems to work longer if I don't open the content browser. I use two monitors and usually have my content browser on my second monitor, but in 4.22.1 I just get a copy of the main viewport on my second monitor before the blackness and flickering starts. Then after that it's good night

Here's a dump of the crash log

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	23.6 KB ID:	1614746
                      Last edited by Pixelpirates; 05-03-2019, 01:17 AM. Reason: EDIT: I was wrong when I said it affected both DX12 and DX11. Actually it only affects DX12, so I corrected my post.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelpirates View Post
                        I have been using 4.22.0 since its release, and it's been working great (used mostly DX12/Raytracing with my RTX2080Ti), but since the 4.22.1 hotfix, UE is unusable for me. It can be fine for a minute or so (if I'm lucky), but after that, the screen turns black, I get some flickering tooltip boxes and nothing works.
                        As I said I have a 2080Ti, the drivers are the latest Creator Ready drivers (same as I used for 4.22.0), latest Windows 10 (1809 I think) and nothing else have changed except the update.
                        I hope there can be a new hotfix to fix the hotfix, cause I really can't work with this. Other than this, I'm usually very pleased with Unreal Engine and think 4.22 was a great release until the hotfix.
                        I've tried both normal and Raytraced, and I get the same problems with each. It seems to work longer if I don't open the content browser. I use two monitors and usually have my content browser on my second monitor, but in 4.22.1 I just get a copy of the main viewport on my second monitor before the blackness and flickering starts. Then after that it's good night

Here's a dump of the crash log

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	1614746
                        I think it would be much better if you can download UE4 debugging symbol too. Click on the down arrow at UE4 4.22 and then select option of which you will be presented with window below:-
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Syed View Post

I think it would be much better if you can download UE4 debugging symbol too. Click on the down arrow at UE4 4.22 and then select option of which you will be presented with window below:-
                          Thanks for the tip. Is there anything else I need to do to get it to work?

Comment

got lot of crash during capturing video especially when I browse and edit any material (datasmith)

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelpirates View Post

Thanks for the tip. Is there anything else I need to do to get it to work?
                              The tip was just to give more error details - ie the exact functions that were called in the order of execution (call stack). So the more information, the easier is to get things fixed (you should log these into bug report form too).

Comment

One say foliage is ready with Raytracing, others say not yet. What exactly is going on?

Comment

Working...
                                X