Unreal Engine 4.22 Released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RyroNZ View Post
    Also receiving Assertion failed: !Linker->GetSerializeContext() on any development builds

[2019.04.05-08.09.46:233][ 0]LogStreaming: Error: ****DumpDependencies [Dependencies]:
    [2019.04.05-08.09.46:233][ 0]LogStreaming: Error: Obj is nullptr
    Fatal error: [File:V:\Applications\Epic Games\UE_4.22_Source\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\Serialization\AsyncLoading.cpp] [Line: 3162]
    Missing Dependency, request for /Engine/Animation/DefaultAnimCurveCompressionSettings.DefaultAnimCurveCompressionSettings but it was still waiting for creation.
    I also have this issue, trying to run a packaged "developer" build. Works fine in editor, just a packaged build.
    Error also still happens in 4.22.1 (just tested)

Hmmm...
    Outer Planet Studios
    http://outerplanet.webflow.io/

Comment

UE-65983
      GoogleVR still broken, any VR app crashes on non-Daydream compatible phones. Lots of people been able to reproduce this issue, but Epic couldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by robob3ar View Post
        guys I won't complain and swear at (basically) free software - come your ******* down

- however I will report that the hotfix update still didn't fix the freezing issue with the raytracing on 20180ti with multiple gpus and monitors - no workaround worked for me yet, either not on main monitor, all on main monitor etc.. any workarounds appreciated as well, and again on default settings UE will just choose crappiest gpu for some reason to render on, instead of the newest one.. and also I get the gizmo tool disappearing for some reason - have to switch to a new viewport where it shows up (or is this some new feature?)
        Its not free its only free if you use it for personal use and its a great engine but the devs need to work on fixing bugs before adding features that are bugged.

Comment

Awesome! Fix for my crash with TemporalAAUpsampling under 50% screen percentage made it into the hotfix. I hadn’t even gotten a chance to fill out the bug report! Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by TriNityGER View Post
            Uhm will the UnrealVS Visual studio plugin be updated to work with VS2019?
            Don't know but you can vote/track the issue here.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWintergreen View Post
              I'm having a weird issue with landscape foliage (placed through the landscape grass tool, not the foliage tool). It's coming up super bright - seemingly emissive, even though nothing is hooked up to emissive on the material. Looked like this in 4.21. Looks like this now. Notice how in the dark over there it's still real bright.

It actually looks like some green light is coming from somewhere and affecting this foliage, but I can't see how that could be. Here it is with sky lighting disabled - the grass should be black (because it's dark), but it's green, and the rocks (which are also landscape-grass) are also green (should be brown).
              Sadly the fix for this showstopper didn't make it into 4.22.1, I guess it's fixed and targeted for 4.22.2.

EDIT: Found the fix on Github https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...ded5475b997285. It works!
              Last edited by JoeWintergreen; 04-26-2019, 08:43 PM.
              Impromptu Games|dev blog|twitter|itch.io store|Patreon
              Impromptu Procedural Ladders|Impromptu Procedural Handrails|Impromptu Procedural Stairs
              |Impromptu Fire Propagation|InFlux Example Game|Impromptu Vector Field Painter

Comment

Originally posted by robob3ar View Post
                guys I won't complain and swear at (basically) free software - come your ******* down

- however I will report that the hotfix update still didn't fix the freezing issue with the raytracing on 20180ti with multiple gpus and monitors - no workaround worked for me yet, either not on main monitor, all on main monitor etc.. any workarounds appreciated as well, and again on default settings UE will just choose crappiest gpu for some reason to render on, instead of the newest one.. and also I get the gizmo tool disappearing for some reason - have to switch to a new viewport where it shows up (or is this some new feature?)
                Looks like it's somehow related to dx12 issue on laptops with optimus. No matter how hard i try editor hangs after a few seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by markmarker View Post

Looks like it's somehow related to dx12 issue on laptops with optimus. No matter how hard i try editor hangs after a few seconds.
                  did you report an issue, epic team couldnt reproduce it with me, maybe youll have better luck.

Comment

"Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where the splash screen was closed too quickly when not using startup movie or early preload screen, leaving several seconds of black before the level loaded".

I have encountered this error on the phone. In version 4.22 it was notified of repair. Hope it works well. yayaya!
                    Visit Blog Modandroidapk.com and download games for android

Comment

Does 4.22.1 now allow Masked Materials with Raytracing?
                      Last edited by one.nonplus; 04-28-2019, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by one.nonplus View Post
                        Does 4.22.1 now allow Masked Materials with Raytracing?
                        Yep according with docs.
                        Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

Comment

Originally posted by gozu View Post

I also have this issue, trying to run a packaged "developer" build. Works fine in editor, just a packaged build.
                          Error also still happens in 4.22.1 (just tested)

Hmmm...
                          This bug reported now.
                          Bless whomever did that

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-73368
                          Outer Planet Studios
                          http://outerplanet.webflow.io/

Comment

Originally posted by drichardson View Post

Don't know but you can vote/track the issue here.
                            Uhh nice catch! Unfortunately it says: Target fix: 4.23 :/

Comment

Another crash scenario, can't submit because it seems specific to my level. :/ :?

Getting this after rendering out frames is done in the sequencer.

Assertion failed: [File:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\UnrealEngine.cpp] [Line: 1895] Detected negative delta time - on AMD systems please install http://files.aoaforums.com/I3199-setup.zip.html - DeltaTime:-42.367134, bUseFixedFrameRate:1, bTimeWasManipulatedDebug:1, FixedFrameRate:24.000000

Comment

i installed ue 4.22 update 4.22.1 now it stucks 45% loading, i have waited 30 minutes is it normal or what to do? why these updates are so broken

Comment

Working...
                                X