No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.22 Released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if lightmap baking with dxr will be coming in future releases?

Comment

Yep, it's planned:

ArtStation

Comment

In case no one complained already - 4.22 with dx 12 and raytracing on - with 2080ti (asus strix oc) - constant freezes, I have 4 monitor setup 980 ti, 1080ti, 2x2080ti - i9 9900k, 64gb g skill tridendz, all new hardware, msi meg godlike (memory qvl), everything hardware compatible and latest everything installed - just went from latest nvdia drivers to older creator ready .. no luck .. tried with all windows on one monitor, freezes after a few seconds of running raytracing .. how did this slip through and closing this as a full version? (or I guess the raytracing goes to 4.23?)

- so, as I didn't go through the 12 pages here already - any recomendations.. this is the most buggiest version yet

..also when I do run it in normal mode, I get mad movement speeds, and gizmo doesn't show, sometimes just the move gizmo, sometimes none, until I switch to another viewport.. - anyone else
        Last edited by robob3ar; 04-25-2019, 08:19 AM.
        artstation portfolio https://goo.gl/oTNyT7

Comment

Originally posted by robob3ar View Post
          In case no one complained already - 4.22 with dx 12 and raytracing on - with 2080ti (asus strix oc) - constant freezes, I have 4 monitor setup 980 ti, 1080ti, 2x2080ti - i9 9900k, 64gb g skill tridendz, all new hardware, msi meg godlike (memory qvl), everything hardware compatible and latest everything installed - just went from latest nvdia drivers to older creator ready .. no luck .. tried with all windows on one monitor, freezes after a few seconds of running raytracing .. how did this slip through and closing this as a full version? (or I guess the raytracing goes to 4.23?)

- so, as I didn't go through the 12 pages here already - any recomendations.. this is the most buggiest version yet

..also when I do run it in normal mode, I get mad movement speeds, and gizmo doesn't show, sometimes just the move gizmo, sometimes none, until I switch to another viewport.. - anyone else
          check this here

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ml?sort=oldest

Comment

Originally posted by robob3ar View Post

Seems like not only laptops have this issuel, the worst thing is that it's just freeze without any crash report!

Comment

Dx12 on laptops still hangs editor.

Comment

Code:
                UE-72314 Unable to save Blueprint Function Library if it references a string table entry
                So that's been fixed! It's been preventing me from touching some assets in a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by tahayaki View Post
                  Ok, I finally found a workaround for the engine freezing on rtx laptops, which is not the best workaround but at least it lets you to work on any project if you dont have your monitor around.

Normally if you disable intel card from device manager before opening ue4, the engine doesnt work, but if you open the project with the intel card enabled and as soon as engine starts you should minimize the engine without clicking anything, its important that you minimize it, otherwise the video card crashes, then after minimizing go to the device manager and disable the intel card, then the editor should work.
                  Even if I minimize the editor and then disable inter card as fast as I can, when I back to editor, It still says video card crash.

Comment

Great job! And please fix this issue in the next update:

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-72472
                    Last edited by Andy_rst; 04-25-2019, 12:49 PM.
                    HUD links | Crane Balk | Point Clouds Morphing | Rain Drops | Manipulator Robot | Welder Robot | Mini Games | Masked Blur | Voxel Cars

Comment

Originally posted by Ayu889900 View Post

Even if I minimize the editor and then disable inter card as fast as I can, when I back to editor, It still says video card crash.
                      then maybe you can give it a shot to download editor debugging symbols, and theb start the engine with both arguments, -d3ddebug and -dx12

Comment

Originally posted by tahayaki View Post
                        then maybe you can give it a shot to download editor debugging symbols, and theb start the engine with both arguments, -d3ddebug and -dx12
                        That works in some projects with few blueprints and cpp classes, but when projects have a little more blueprints and cpp classes, editor will crash on start up. Only way is connecting a second screen

Comment

Still crashing on trying to open levels made in 4.21

Assertion failed: Owner->IsMeshDescriptionValid(0) [File:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\StaticMesh.cpp] [Line: 1716]

How to report when this can't be reproduced by Epic team?

Comment

New: You can modify Skeletal Mesh reference pose in the Editor with this change. Use normal bone manipulators to modify and call Update Reference Pose option in the Edit menu in Mesh Editor.
                            How do I do that? I can't find this option in the Mesh Editor.

Comment

Please fix this the engine is still crashing due to a widget switcher issue in 4.22!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	929ba5864adb09ef0faea60f4d49fcc8.png Views:	1 Size:	103.4 KB ID:	1612436
                              Last edited by OverRated_AU; 04-26-2019, 12:51 PM.

Comment

guys I won't complain and swear at (basically) free software - come your ******* down

- however I will report that the hotfix update still didn't fix the freezing issue with the raytracing on 20180ti with multiple gpus and monitors - no workaround worked for me yet, either not on main monitor, all on main monitor etc.. any workarounds appreciated as well, and again on default settings UE will just choose crappiest gpu for some reason to render on, instead of the newest one.. and also I get the gizmo tool disappearing for some reason - have to switch to a new viewport where it shows up (or is this some new feature?)
                                artstation portfolio https://goo.gl/oTNyT7

Comment

Working...
                                X