Unreal Engine 4.22 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mellnik View Post

Same issue here after upgrading to 4.22. I found out that a static mesh component in the vehicle blueprint was colliding with the vehicle SK mesh itself.
    I suggest checking your collision setups again.
    yes it has to do with some mesh component colliding with the vehicle sk collision itself, but I can't figure out what collision to choose, all setting are not stable, I wonder where is the bug itself since this problem wasn't present in the previous versions, it must be some new option or any update in 4.22 that produced this problem.

Comment

In my case there's nothing like that. It's interesting that if I move those objects a bit outside of the playable area then they act normally. So there must be some object inside the playable area that causes them to freak out. That's a very odd issue, because nothing like that happened in 4.21.
      My game: Wetwork
      http://jcgames.lv

Comment

I found an error in 4.22,my character in Seqeunce will automatically become a dynamic material,and it can't be deleted.

I can delete them when the Sequence window opens,but when you open the Sequence again, it will still be created automatically.

When I exit the Sequece window at 4.21,Dynamic materials disappear automatically,so I think there is a problem with 4.22.
        Last edited by FYQD; 04-13-2019, 05:01 AM.

Comment

@Tim Hobson

After hours of debugging, the engine is crashing trying to load a widget with a widget switcher with 9 child's widgets, removing 6 and saving moving the widget from 4.21 to 4.22 fixes the engine crashing as soon as I add these widgets back and restart my project in 4.22 the engine crashes again.

Comment

OK, I finally resolved my issue with physics objecs.

My game is a stealth game so once the player triggers an alarm additional reinforcements get spawned. As an optimisation I pre-spawn all the reinforcements, teleport them outside of level bounds and deactivate them. So that there's no performance hit when they get spawned at runtime. In 4.21 I spawned them at their spawn points and then called "Set Actor Location" with "Teleport" checked to move them out of bounds. And that apparently caused all the physics objects to freak out in 4.22.
            So now I'm spawning them out of bounds directly and physics objects no longer freak out.

So yeah - if something similar happens in your project then check if it's related to actor movement/teleportation.
            My game: Wetwork
            http://jcgames.lv

Comment

I'm having problems deploying to iPhone with 4.22 and don't seem to be the only one..

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...5577/view.html

Just want to highlight this issue, same project in 4.21 was fine (I upgraded from 4.21, I might have to try rebuild my 4.21 project starting with a fresh 4.22 project copy/paste style which is... not great, even if it would work).

Thanks.

Comment

Sequence play error in my project,skeletal mesh actor have multiple problems,skeletal mesh disappear when playing sequence or UE4 Crash.
                I had to add the delay before playing the Sequence,add the delay before the play Sequence and everything will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by serioussam909 View Post
                  OK, I finally resolved my issue with physics objecs.

My game is a stealth game .
                  That's good to know, in my case I have an UE advanced vehicle where I add some static mesh to its blue print, it was working fin in previous versions, with this new version 4.22 the vehicle bounce randomly in the landscape in disappear completely once the game start, I tried to change some collision settings to the added static mesh , but the vehicle is still unstable somehow .

Comment

I recreated my project from scratch via migrating BPs etc in an effort to fix this issue: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...5577/view.html, but it did not help.

Now I ran into another problem, my materials (incl HDRI in the material preview background) is darker than in 4.21. My UI has the same brightness but not my materials on 3d items. Was there any changes done here in 4.22?

Comment

Ok, I finally found a workaround for the engine freezing on rtx laptops, which is not the best workaround but at least it lets you to work on any project if you dont have your monitor around.

Normally if you disable intel card from device manager before opening ue4, the engine doesnt work, but if you open the project with the intel card enabled and as soon as engine starts you should minimize the engine without clicking anything, its important that you minimize it, otherwise the video card crashes, then after minimizing go to the device manager and disable the intel card, then the editor should work.

Comment

With regard to the official version of 4.22, has the invisible Bug of Foliage brush still not been effectively repaired? This leads to the failure of Foliage tools to work properly.

Comment

this version crashes a lot.
                          so far i found these:
                          - when i change the template for a particle system to a cleared one
                          - when i rename a function that has references in other blueprints. in the past it just renamed the references too, now just crashes.

Comment

Bug: When viewing a Blueprint class in a non-perspective viewmode (top/front/left/right) the lowest-detail LOD is always used for skeletal meshes.
                            Impromptu Games|dev blog|twitter|itch.io store|Patreon
                            Impromptu Procedural Ladders|Impromptu Procedural Handrails|Impromptu Procedural Stairs
                            |Impromptu Fire Propagation|InFlux Example Game|Impromptu Vector Field Painter

Comment

Anyone getting these LogWindows Errors after switching a C++ 4.21.2 project to 4.22?

Code:
                              LogWindows: Failed to load 'aqProf.dll' (GetLastError=126)
                              LogWindows: File 'aqProf.dll' does not exist
                              LogWindows: Failed to load 'VtuneApi.dll' (GetLastError=126)
                              LogWindows: File 'VtuneApi.dll' does not exist
                              LogWindows: Failed to load 'VtuneApi32e.dll' (GetLastError=126)
                              LogWindows: File 'VtuneApi32e.dll' does not exist
                              LogConsoleResponse: Display: Failed to find resolution value strings in scalability ini. Falling back to default.
                              Full Log
                              Code:
                              Log file open, 04/17/19 19:27:15
                              LogWindows: Failed to load 'aqProf.dll' (GetLastError=126)
                              LogWindows: File 'aqProf.dll' does not exist
                              LogWindows: Failed to load 'VtuneApi.dll' (GetLastError=126)
                              LogWindows: File 'VtuneApi.dll' does not exist
                              LogWindows: Failed to load 'VtuneApi32e.dll' (GetLastError=126)
                              LogWindows: File 'VtuneApi32e.dll' does not exist
                              LogConsoleResponse: Display: Failed to find resolution value strings in scalability ini. Falling back to default.
                              LogInit: Display: Running engine for game: SpaceAlpha
                              LogPakFile: Registered encryption key '00000000000000000000000000000000': 0 pak files mounted, 0 remain pending
                              LogPlatformFile: Not using cached read wrapper
                              LogTaskGraph: Started task graph with 5 named threads and 47 total threads with 3 sets of task threads.
                              LogStats: Stats thread started at 0.529353
                              LogD3D11RHI: Loaded GFSDK_Aftermath_Lib.x64.dll
                              LogWindows: Failed to load '../../../Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/libsndfile/Win64/libsndfile-1.dll' (GetLastError=126)
                              LogWindows: File '../../../Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/libsndfile/Win64/libsndfile-1.dll' does not exist
                              LogAudioMixer: Display: Failed to load Sound File dll
                              LogAudioEditor: Display: LibSoundFile failed to load. Importing audio will not work correctly.
                              LogICUInternationalization: ICU TimeZone Detection - Raw Offset: +1:00, Platform Override: ''
                              LogPluginManager: Display: Disabled plugin 'Prefabricator', continuing.
                              LogPluginManager: Display: Disabled plugin 'ImageResizUEr', continuing.
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin Paper2D
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin AISupport
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin LightPropagationVolume
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin ActorLayerUtilities
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin AnimationSharing
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin CLionSourceCodeAccess
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin CodeLiteSourceCodeAccess
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin GitSourceControl
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin KDevelopSourceCodeAccess
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin NullSourceCodeAccess
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin PerforceSourceControl
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin SubversionSourceControl
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin UObjectPlugin
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin VisualStudioCodeSourceCodeAccess
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin VisualStudioSourceCodeAccess
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin XCodeSourceCodeAccess
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin AssetManagerEditor
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin CryptoKeys
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin DataValidation
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin FacialAnimation
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin GameplayTagsEditor
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin MacGraphicsSwitching
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin MaterialAnalyzer
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin MobileLauncherProfileWizard
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin PluginBrowser
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin SpeedTreeImporter
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin DatasmithContent
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin VariantManagerContent
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin AlembicImporter
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin AppleImageUtils
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin AppleVision
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin BackChannel
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin CharacterAI
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin GeometryCache
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin HTML5Networking
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin ProxyLODPlugin
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin SkeletalReduction
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin MagicLeap
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin MagicLeapMedia
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin DungeonArchitect
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin MeshTool
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin AndroidMedia
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin AvfMedia
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin ImgMedia
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin LinearTimecode
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin MediaCompositing
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin MediaPlayerEditor
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin WebMMedia
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin WmfMedia
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin TcpMessaging
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin UdpMessaging
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin ActorSequence
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin LevelSequenceEditor
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin MatineeToLevelSequence
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin NetcodeUnitTest
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin NUTUnrealEngine4
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin OnlineSubsystemGooglePlay
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin OnlineSubsystemIOS
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin OnlineSubsystem
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin OnlineSubsystemNull
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin OnlineSubsystemUtils
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin LauncherChunkInstaller
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin AndroidDeviceProfileSelector
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin AndroidMoviePlayer
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin AndroidPermission
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin ApexDestruction
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin AppleMoviePlayer
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin ArchVisCharacter
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin AudioCapture
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin CableComponent
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin CustomMeshComponent
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin EditableMesh
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin ExampleDeviceProfileSelector
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin Firebase
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin GoogleCloudMessaging
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin IOSDeviceProfileSelector
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin LinuxDeviceProfileSelector
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin LocationServicesBPLibrary
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin MobilePatchingUtils
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin OculusVR
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin PhysXVehicles
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin ProceduralMeshComponent
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin RuntimePhysXCooking
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin SignificanceManager
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin SteamVR
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin WebMMoviePlayer
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin WindowsMoviePlayer
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin GameSparks
                              LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin OceanPlugin
                              LogInit: Warning: Incompatible or missing module: SpaceAlpha
                              LogInit: Warning: Incompatible or missing module: GameSparks
                              LogInit: Warning: Incompatible or missing module: OceanPlugin
                              Running .../UNREAL_ENGINES/UE_4.22/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe Development Win64 -Project=".../SpaceAlpha.uproject" -TargetType=Editor -Progress -NoHotReloadFromIDE
                              Creating makefile for SpaceAlphaEditor (no existing makefile)
                              ERROR: Unable to find plugin 'Prefabricator' (referenced via SpaceAlpha.uproject). Install it and try again, or remove it from the required plugin list.
                              LogInit: Warning: Still incompatible or missing module: SpaceAlpha
                              LogInit: Warning: Still incompatible or missing module: GameSparks
                              LogInit: Warning: Still incompatible or missing module: OceanPlugin
                              LogExit: Preparing to exit.
                              LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module DesktopPlatform (40)
                              LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module AnimationModifiers (38)
                              LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module PropertyEditor (37)
                              LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module AudioEditor (34)
                              LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module TextureCompressor (32)
                              LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module RenderCore (30)
                              LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module Landscape (28)
                              LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module SlateRHIRenderer (26)
                              LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module OpenGLDrv (24)
                              LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module D3D11RHI (22)
                              LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module AnimGraphRuntime (20)
                              LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module Renderer (18)
                              LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module Engine (16)
                              LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module CoreUObject (14)
                              LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module NetworkFile (12)
                              LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module CookedIterativeFile (10)
                              LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module StreamingFile (8)
                              LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module SandboxFile (6)
                              LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module PakFile (4)
                              LogModuleManager: Shutting down and abandoning module RSA (3)
                              LogExit: Exiting.
                              Log file closed, 04/17/19 19:27:19
                              Last edited by unit23; 04-17-2019, 01:35 PM.
                              Reallusion Unreal Engine Community Manager / LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

Tim Hobson Any particular reason the StructBox plugin was removed? I was using it extensively for my Save Game system. Honestly, it was a lifesaver...

So... I recompiled it for 4.22 and it seems to be working, but if there is a conflict somewhere I'd just like a little more info so I can be prepared for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X