• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Release today?

Comment

Originally posted by Zeblote View Post
      Release today?
      I believe we need another preview. It' still terribly broken.

Comment

Originally posted by sukovf View Post

I believe we need another preview. It' still terribly broken.
        What scares me the most is when everything works fine here while a lot of other people keeps reporting issues :/
        Nilson Lima
        Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
        Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
        supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Hello, how did you pack a project with ray tracing?

Comment

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this but I'm unable to choose the Unreal Engine 4.22.0 option from the top, drop down install menu from within the new, associated Epic Games Installer, as it's greyed out even though I ran the new 4.22.0 file downloaded. Only the earlier 4.21.2 choice is available and it activates upon choosing it to then bee in Launch status.

Please let me know if I'm missing something obvious. Thanks!

Comment

What is a Path Trace option in PostPro for ?
              Can I use it w/o RTX card ?
              Can I use MS DXR instead RTX for RealTime RayTrace ( I know it would be much much slower ) in UE4.22 ?
              https://www.artstation.com/tomaszmuszynski

Comment

Originally posted by Muchasty View Post
                What is a Path Trace option in PostPro for ?
                Can I use it w/o RTX card ?
                Can I use MS DXR instead RTX for RealTime RayTrace ( I know it would be much much slower ) in UE4.22 ?
                1. Those options are for the Level viewport view mode for the Path Tracer. It's only enabled when enabling Ray Tracing for the project and launching with the -dx12 command line argument. (Same for the Ray Tracing features listed in the Post Process Volume.)
                2. Currently, yes. When NVIDIA releases their GTX drivers that enable Ray Tracing and DXR support, the Editor should "just work" since our code for ray tracing isn't RTX specific.
                3. Ray Tracing in UE4 is already built using MS DXR.
                Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                UE4 Documentation

Comment

Hi Tim Hobson First of all, What an awesome job on 4.22! I bet that cost the team an arm and a leg to put it all together
                  Reading through the various 'how to's' on the new raytracing functionality, I was wondering if there's plans to extend things with some basic explanation on the more 'obscure' cvars.

Getting raytracing to aid and extend scenes' visual fidelity is simple enough but producing noise free images when fiddling with GI (I know it's highly experimental) is quite another, especially where it concerns rooms with white walls or generally just indoor usage. Fiddling with 'kernel' and 'temporal accumulation' denoiser cvars to just figure them out myself but a bit of help here wouldn't hurt
                  https://www.artstation.com/chesire

Comment

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
                    Hi Tim Hobson First of all, What an awesome job on 4.22! I bet that cost the team an arm and a leg to put it all together
                    Reading through the various 'how to's' on the new raytracing functionality, I was wondering if there's plans to extend things with some basic explanation on the more 'obscure' cvars.

Getting raytracing to aid and extend scenes' visual fidelity is simple enough but producing noise free images when fiddling with GI (I know it's highly experimental) is quite another, especially where it concerns rooms with white walls or generally just indoor usage. Fiddling with 'kernel' and 'temporal accumulation' denoiser cvars to just figure them out myself but a bit of help here wouldn't hurt
                    Maybe Tim Hobson Amanda.Bott VictorLerp Kalvothe it would be a nice idea to have a Livestream with this topic with a hands on in an environment much alike the livestream we got for volumetric fog (used a Paragon map to showcase it).
                    Nilson Lima
                    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Hi all.

Since the 4.22 Preview has ended, and we have officially launched, I am going to close this topic, and ask that all 4.22 conversations be continued on the new thread.
                      https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...-4-22-released

Thanks
                      Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Working...
                      X