Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the new barn doors of the rectangular lights in 4.22 p5. Gives a lot more control in tight lightning situations.

Comment

Originally posted by yPaCMaNy View Post
      https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-71054 i've reported this bug since preview 2 .. and it looks like it could be related to what someone's saying about denoiser breaking ray tracing illumination/reflection in preview 5. In my case i found out the Skysphere Material wasn't reflecting properly being unlit (black ground and blurred clouds). While setting Sky material to Lit was the solution to fix the incorrect reflection, that would now make ray tracing illumination/shadows break on scene (but correct in the reflection ._. )

#1: everything is default for raytracing to work as supposed
      #1-Incorrect-skysphere-reflection.png

#2: set Skymaterial to Lit
      #2-Correct-reflection,-incorrect-scene-lighting.png

#3: "Cast raytraced shadows" from Lightsource disabled
      #3-Everything-seems-to-be-correct,-but-no-raytraced-shadows-from-lightsource.png

EDIT: images showing new issue updates for PREVIEW 5

#4: previews lighting errors seem to be fixed(raytraced shadows from lightsource now enabled), translucency reflection error
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4_previews-lighting-errors-seem-to-be-fixed,-translucency-reflection-error.png
Views:	97
Size:	402.7 KB
ID:	1594786
      #5: r.raytracing.translucency set to 1, correct shading on object, incorrect reflection for the translucent material

Name:	image-5_-r.raytracing.translucency-set-to-1.png
Views:	97
Size:	413.2 KB
ID:	1594787
      #6: r.raytracing.globalillumination set to 1...

Name:	image-6_-r.raytracing.globalillumination-set-to-1.png
Views:	103
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	1594784

#7 r.raytracing.globalillumination set to 1 and denoiser to 0

Name:	image-7_r.raytracing.GlobalIllumination-set-to-1-and-Denoiser-to-0.png
Views:	94
Size:	336.8 KB
ID:	1594785
      test: r.GlobalIllumination.Denoiser.HistoryConvolution.SampleCount 1

Comment

After updating to P5, I can't build lights anymore for some levels. All light map res are on power of 2.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by estudioae View Post

Cool, it fixed the dark reflections and sky problem.
          The Virtual Photographer, welcome to my world!
          AQP City, Open World Game
          My Artstation: Click me!
          *AQP City Fan page
          *AQP City on Indie DB

Comment

This needs to be a sticky or highlighted cause it automatically fixes the black sky issue.
            Youtube
            Playable Prototypes
            Portfolio
            Art Station

Comment

What am I doing wrong?
              Built-in live++ is really slow i think. Previously, I used live++ as a separate plugin and the build takes 1-3 seconds.
              Now 15-20 seconds... but using only UBT build takes 10-15 seconds
              UE 4.22.p5
              Attached Files

Comment

The plugin doesn't run UHT. I guess that's why it's way faster.

Hopefully they aren't trying to do the object reinstancing nonsense again, I would much rather have a fast hot reload with clearly known limitations than a slow one which magically breaks blueprints sometimes...
                Last edited by Zeblote; 03-17-2019, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Looks like preview 5 loves studiolight blueprint with this little fix. Simple skylight and directlight make scene dark. Adding hdri to skylight drop down FPS and sometimes crashed.
                  With that fps is better. You must add postprocess and play with raytracing parameters there. I use 1 bounce for GI and 3 samples per pixel.

Comment

worked like a charm, you rule man.

Comment

Anyone have any luck with translucency? or is this still not working yet?
                      I had to remove the glass to get light in. Everything else is looking good so far though.

Name:	HighresScreenshot00001.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	518.4 KB
ID:	1595743.Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00000.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	464.7 KB
ID:	1595742

Comment

Does anyone have issue with sphere traces (and other shapes), where they do not hit any objects on scene ?
                        https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Nice man, i'm adding this fix to the updates i'm showing to unreal via email for my original submission

Comment

For filmmaking I would love to have an easy way for it to rest for 2 seconds before each frame. I have an 8 Gig RTX card and I notice that it takes a split second for the shadow noise to settle down. For offline rendering this would help a Huge Amount...

Comment

Originally posted by CHADALAK1 View Post
                              I think there is a bug with recording morph targets with Take Recorder. I implement a lerp from 0 to 1 and back to record the morph target via blueprint, but it's not recording the morph target.
                              Bug report has been submitted for this!

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-71691
                              Portfolio/Tutorials: http://chadreddick.com

Comment

So, to anyone that seeks perfection i managed to workaround this issue i was now seeing on objects borders having the SkySphere Material (set to Lit) on background, while also setting "r.Raytracing.Globalillumination.Denoiser 1". Click image for larger version  Name:	image1.png Views:	1 Size:	460.1 KB ID:	1596406

Just connect the Base Color input of the Skysphere Material as shown in image 2 Click image for larger version  Name:	image2.png Views:	1 Size:	458.9 KB ID:	1596407

EDIT: well it seems that only SOMETIMES it works properly...xD most of the time you will get black artifacts all over the sky...hopefully we will get proper results using raytracing upon engine release
                                Last edited by yPaCMaNy; 03-19-2019, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X