Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cast volume shadow is not enabled in the Unreal Engine 4.22 Preview raytracing.
    There is no reaction when checked. It works very well when raytracing is disabled. Do you have a solution?

Comment

Awesome update. the new Raytracing functionality in P5 rly makes a knockout difference! Attaching one of my latest tests and just look at it; The subtle area shadows, the multi-bounce GI, the gorgeous translucency..I could go on but you'll have to excuse me as I'm currently just lost for words.
      Attached Files
      https://www.artstation.com/chesire

Comment

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
        Awesome update. the new Raytracing functionality in P5 rly makes a knockout difference! Attaching one of my latest tests and just look at it; The subtle area shadows, the multi-bounce GI, the gorgeous translucency..I could go on but you'll have to excuse me as I'm currently just lost for words.
        > Uses Preview Build that clearly states that it contains experimantal features
        > Complains Experimental Features dont work properly

Comment

Originally posted by Raildex_ View Post

> Uses Preview Build that clearly states that it contains experimantal features
          > Complains Experimental Features dont work properly
          OMG you've just won the White-Knight award! That's so 'Luminary'!
          Did you notice the word 'test' in my comment?
          Did you also notice P4 actually worked where P5 now doesn't?

https://www.artstation.com/chesire

Comment

Originally posted by CoolOppo View Post
            My raytracing is broken as well. The sky (and anything reflecting it) is all black when denoising and RTGI is enabled.
            me too it's no working

Comment

Can I get back to the preview4? Raytracing is broken.

Comment

RTGI don't cause the issue but GI denoiser...

Comment

Use landscape lightmap is totally broken with 4.22.
                  https://ibb.co/WsqTSfF

Comment

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-71054 i've reported this bug since preview 2 .. and it looks like it could be related to what someone's saying about denoiser breaking ray tracing illumination/reflection in preview 5. In my case i found out the Skysphere Material wasn't reflecting properly being unlit (black ground and blurred clouds). While setting Sky material to Lit was the solution to fix the incorrect reflection, that would now make ray tracing illumination/shadows break on scene (but correct in the reflection ._. )

#1: everything is default for raytracing to work as supposed
                    #1-Incorrect-skysphere-reflection.png

#2: set Skymaterial to Lit
                    #2-Correct-reflection,-incorrect-scene-lighting.png

#3: "Cast raytraced shadows" from Lightsource disabled
                    #3-Everything-seems-to-be-correct,-but-no-raytraced-shadows-from-lightsource.png

EDIT: images showing new issue updates for PREVIEW 5

#4: previews lighting errors seem to be fixed(raytraced shadows from lightsource now enabled), translucency reflection error
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4_previews-lighting-errors-seem-to-be-fixed,-translucency-reflection-error.png
Views:	1
Size:	402.7 KB
ID:	1594786
                    #5: r.raytracing.translucency set to 1, correct shading on object, incorrect reflection for the translucent material

Name:	image-5_-r.raytracing.translucency-set-to-1.png
Size:	413.2 KB
ID:	1594787
                    #6: r.raytracing.globalillumination set to 1...

Name:	image-6_-r.raytracing.globalillumination-set-to-1.png
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	1594784

#7 r.raytracing.globalillumination set to 1 and denoiser to 0

Name:	image-7_r.raytracing.GlobalIllumination-set-to-1-and-Denoiser-to-0.png
Size:	336.8 KB
ID:	1594785
                    Last edited by yPaCMaNy; 03-14-2019, 11:03 AM. Reason: updates for the issue in new preview

Comment

Still nothing for Google VR crash fix

Comment

Just wanted to add my 2 cents that despite some bugs and crashes (it's early access after all), realtime raytracing is literally jawdropping D:

Thanks so much everyone at Epic for making this happen!

SINGMETOSLEEP / PARASOMNIA / DARKDRIFT / ETERNAL APEX / PRETTY ABRASIVE MUSIC / TWITTER @ACATALEPT

Comment

Originally posted by xavierhsu View Post
                          Can I get back to the preview4? Raytracing is broken.
                          https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...22.0-preview-4

Comment

It seems as though the latest preview build broke dynamic raytraced skylights? Or was that feature intentionally removed? Or am I missing something?

Edit, I should specify: Traced Shadows from the skylight seem to be missing, even with the new "Cast Raytracing Shadow" checkbox on skylight.
                            Last edited by Stimpanzee; 03-15-2019, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpanzee View Post
                              It seems as though the latest preview build broke dynamic raytraced skylights? Or was that feature intentionally removed? Or am I missing something?
                              Im also wondering the same thing

Comment

Epic is not making RTX chips. Why banned? Waiting for AMD cards support in UE4.

About Preview 5 ... there are all bad, really bad. Not even skylight makes overbright and BP_skysphere gives black. After datasmith import UE4 crashes and after restart editor wrote there are no objects (object dummies are in scene) here.
                                Back to preview 4. Or looking to Cryengine. :-)
                                Last edited by EA_Unreal_77; 03-16-2019, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X