Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When raytracing activated, the engine crashes when I hit play or simulate.
    In the github dev-rendering version of the engine this didn't happened.
    Hope you guys can fix it, thanks and keep the amazing work!

Comment

Incredible update!! Time to invest in an RTX card I think, the possibilities with UE4 quickly becoming an all around visual media powerhouse are endless!
      ARTSTATION: https://www.artstation.com/artist/noisestorm

Comment

Of all the fixes and improvements, I'm mostly looking for the one that would allow me to work with blueprints normally again:
        https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-58566
        It's been almost a year since blueprints are nearly impossible to debug

Comment

Originally posted by alperenozgur View Post
          when i add "-dx12" at the end of shortcut. it gives crash report but opens editor.
          Originally posted by SirKlu View Post
          Hello alperenozgur and SirKlu,

If you are both able to reproduce these issues, please send us a bug report using our Bug Submission Form. We'll be happy to investigate and get these issues reported if we are able to reproduce them.

Comment

Originally posted by SirKlu View Post
            I can confirm this. It instantly crashes.

Also, will my GTX 1060 run Ray Tracing or Is It exclusive for 20XX series only?
            Discord: OP #5992

Comment

There are a couple things I have sent crash-reports already for each occurrence, but I have figure some workaround for insta-crashes.

- if you could create or open a project but crashes on hit Play: disable Magic Leap plugins to Fix.
              - if you tried to open a blueprint only project and it crashes before editor opens: delete Build and Intermediate folders and try open again. For C++ projects you need to right-click the .uproject file and select Generate Visual Studio Files before trying to open the project
              Nilson Lima
              Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
              Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
              supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post
                There are a couple things I have sent crash-reports already for each occurrence, but I have figure some workaround for insta-crashes.

- if you could create or open a project but crashes on hit Play: disable Magic Leap plugins to Fix.
                This is a biggie, kinda can't actually test anything useful by default with a new project since this is enabled by default...

CREATING A NEW PROJECT WILL ENABLE THE MAGIC LEAP PLUGIN AND THIS WILL CRASH YOUR PROJECT WHEN YOU HIT PLAY.

Bolded and emphasized for effect for anyone scrolling thru here =)

Comment

Originally posted by Coverop View Post

I can confirm this. It instantly crashes.

Also, will my GTX 1060 run Ray Tracing or Is It exclusive for 20XX series only?
                  Same here. but on 1080Tis. (3 in system non SLI)
                  Last edited by Bookman; 02-12-2019, 03:43 PM.
                  -James Hibbert
                  Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by MathewW View Post

This is a biggie, kinda can't actually test anything useful by default with a new project since this is enabled by default...

CREATING A NEW PROJECT WILL ENABLE THE MAGIC LEAP PLUGIN AND THIS WILL CRASH YOUR PROJECT WHEN YOU HIT PLAY.

Bolded and emphasized for effect for anyone scrolling thru here =)
                    Make sure to add inside the .uproject file these statements so the new project can be opened:

, "Plugins": [
                    {
                    "Name": "MagicLeapMedia",
                    "Enabled": false,
                    "SupportedTargetPlatforms": [
                    "Lumin"
                    ]
                    },
                    {
                    "Name": "MagicLeap",
                    "Enabled": false,
                    "SupportedTargetPlatforms": [
                    "Lumin"
                    ]
                    }
                    ]
                    Nilson Lima

Comment

Originally posted by Bookman View Post

Same here. but on 1080Tis. (3 in system non SLI)
                      This has already been confirmed to not work, only new Nvidia RTX cards are able (and any other card that vendor changes the driver to support this, depend on them not Epic's) and there is no fallback to old generations. See Epic's staff comment on this post: https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...31#post1580431
                      Nilson Lima

Comment

hey VictorLerp ive bug-reported multiple times that cascade is somewhat messy in 4.19 and up, and its still not fixed in 4.22 (preview)

Could you nudge someone please? While niagara is getting much love, cascade is becoming a neglected child, and while that is somewhat okay.. it would be nice that before its depreciated its at least depreciated in a state where I can use it for clients who are far into production and do not consider adding niagara vfx content.

here is the issue:

thanks in advance

Comment

Any news on the Built-In Skeletal Mesh Simplification?

Comment

Originally posted by Luos View Post
                            hey VictorLerp ive bug-reported multiple times that cascade is somewhat messy in 4.19 and up, and its still not fixed in 4.22 (preview)

Could you nudge someone please? While niagara is getting much love, cascade is becoming a neglected child, and while that is somewhat okay.. it would be nice that before its depreciated its at least depreciated in a state where I can use it for clients who are far into production and do not consider adding niagara vfx content.

here is the issue:

thanks in advance
                            We're reproing this, thanks for the video!

Comment

For those looking to get started with Ray Tracing. Here is what you need to do to enable it and use it:
                              • You'll need to be on Windows 10 Build 1809 with an RTX-20XX series card and the latest drivers.
                              • Use the command line argument -dx12 with UE4Editor.exe (for example, creating a shortcut and adding the arg at the end of the file path in the properties)
                              • In the Project Settings, the following in this order:
                                • Support Compute Skincache
                                • Ray Tracing
                              • Restart the Editor

From this point, you should have ray tracing enabled for your project.

You'll find a bunch of commands under r.RayTracing.* for different techniques. Some of which are disabled by default (like translucency and RTGI since they are still actively being worked on).

To use the Reference Path Tracer, use the level viewport and select Show > Ray Tracing > Path Tracing. You can find some cvars for it under r.PathTracing.*

Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                              UE4 Documentation
                              Wiki Troubleshooting Guides: Lighting | Swarm Agent | Destructibles |

Comment

this is the error when we start with dx12 and raytracing

Assertion failed: !TotalBytesRequested [File:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\D3D12RHI\Private\D3D12Allocation.cpp] [Line: 1749]

0x00007ff86a5d5299 KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                0x00007ff82cf7d897 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                0x00007ff82cf7fdea UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                0x00007ff82cd9715a UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                0x00007ff82cd1f527 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                0x00007ff82cd1fbb9 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                0x00007ff81009066f UE4Editor-D3D12RHI.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                0x00007ff81007db43 UE4Editor-D3D12RHI.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                0x00007ff810081da4 UE4Editor-D3D12RHI.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                0x00007ff81008918a UE4Editor-D3D12RHI.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                0x00007ff8100f0ef9 UE4Editor-D3D12RHI.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                0x00007ff8347fd3f9 UE4Editor-RHI.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                0x00007ff6c5104b80 UE4Editor.exe!UnknownFunction []
                                0x00007ff6c5105581 UE4Editor.exe!UnknownFunction []
                                0x00007ff6c51055ca UE4Editor.exe!UnknownFunction []
                                0x00007ff6c511314c UE4Editor.exe!UnknownFunction []
                                0x00007ff6c5115b6e UE4Editor.exe!UnknownFunction []
                                0x00007ff86adb7e94 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
                                0x00007ff86da8a251 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

Last edited by aboubakrvfx; 02-12-2019, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X