Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any news on whether or not RTGI was added to preview 2?
    Stylized Low Poly Environment
    Stylized Low Poly Pine Forest
    Stylized Low Poly Buildings
    First Person Horror Template

Comment

I think it already is under r.raytracing.skylight 1. How do you activate the shadow denoiser?

Comment

Originally posted by Caslon77 View Post
        I have an issue with the viewport/UI when using -dx12. The UI is jumpy and scales randomly when accessing viewport-droplist and while the editor compiles shaders.
        The compiling of shaders also takes forever.
        Any ideas?

Dell Alienware
        Nvidia Game ready Driver 418.91
        2 x RTX2080
        I figured out how to fix this. Go to your NVIDIA Control Panel and restore your 3D settings to the defaults. Also, since you have multiple GPUs you might want to disable one if the issue still persists.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirk View Post
          Any news on whether or not RTGI was added to preview 2?
          Yep, it's there along with Translucency ;-).

Comment

Originally posted by sukovf View Post

Yep, it's there along with Translucency ;-).
            So how do you activate it?

Edit: never mind, found it...

r.RayTracing.GlobalIllumination

r.RayTracing.Translucency

Edit 2: It looks absolutely fantastic too...I can't even believe this is possible. It's so much better than I had imagined it would be...I mean...I've only tested a very basic scene but I am seriously blown away that it is able to render the lighting this realistically in realtime. It looks equivalent to a Blender render that would take like 30 seconds. I bought the 2080 Ti expecting to be a bit underwhelmed by the raytracing stuff (because marketing is marketing), but they honestly weren't even lying. Wow, wow, WOW, this is seriously impressive stuff.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by CoolOppo; 02-19-2019, 08:52 PM.

Comment

When I launch UE4.22 preview 2 with -dx12, the engine freezes after a few seconds, without crash warning window.

I'm running a RTX 2080 Max-Q Design on the Razer 15, with the 418.91 drivers.
              I have Win10 1809,
              In a blank new project I have enabled both the enabled Support Compute Skin Cache and Raytracing in the project settings
              I have tried a clean re-install of both the Nvidia drivers and UE4.22 p2.
              I have also tried to reset all settings to default in the Nvidia control panel's 3D settings.
              I'm not using any fancy software or anti-virus
              Once it's frozen, in the task manager the UE4 app appears and disappears even when the list is pinned by name : |

any ideas or advice?

Thanks for your help

[EDIT 2] After having a closer look at the GPU activity monitor I can see that UE4editor.exe is running with the 2080 Max Q GPU. For some reason, when I run the editor with the -dx12 arg, with the laptop screen as primary or/ only screen, it freezes after a few seconds. It seems to happen faster when opening the raytracing dropdown menu. It systematically freezes once Pathtracing kicks in or when I fire a raytracing Cvar. But when I run it on a secondary screen as primary / sole screen, everything seems to be in order.

[EDIT 3] I have reported the bug: Case # 00099889
              Last edited by Stéphane Bourez; 02-22-2019, 06:30 AM. Reason: Bug reported

Comment

any news on skeletal mesh reduction?

Comment

Performance on Oculus Go is abysmal compare to 4.21.2

Comment

UE4.22Preview2,
                    I started (r.RayTracing.Translucency) ,Unreal Engine will collapse~~~

Comment

UE4.22Preview2,Its specular reflection produces streaks of noise
                      Preview1 does not have that

Comment

Originally posted by Stéphane Bourez View Post
                        When I launch UE4.22 preview 2 with -dx12, the engine freezes after a few seconds, without crash warning window.

I'm running a RTX 2080 Max-Q Design on the Razer 15, with the 418.91 drivers.
                        I have Win10 1809,
                        In a blank new project I have enabled both the enabled Support Compute Skin Cache and Raytracing in the project settings
                        I have tried a clean re-install of both the Nvidia drivers and UE4.22 p2.
                        I have also tried to reset all settings to default in the Nvidia control panel's 3D settings.
                        I didn't have that issue with preview 1
                        I'm not using any fancy software or anti-virus
                        Once it's frozen, in the task manager the UE4 app appears and disappears even when the list is pinned by name : |

Would you guys have any ideas or advice, am I missing any obvious config to change or settings to switch?

Thanks for your help
                        Try launching the scene without -dx12 again and see if Magic Leap plugins some how got enabled again.

Comment

Any idea why I cant ever seem to get the VR template actually working with the HMD in releases after 4.17 ?

I'm still using it because not even 4.18 works with my hmd.
                          the view seems to be locked to the head rotation ?

Comment

I'm trying to get the blast plugin working - it installs, I restart the engine, but doesn't show any blast plugin options when I right click on a static mesh in the content browser.
                            I'm using unreals and vives to make fantastic experiences in VR - http://youtube.com/puzzabug

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Eckhardt View Post
                              I'm trying to get the blast plugin working - it installs, I restart the engine, but doesn't show any blast plugin options when I right click on a static mesh in the content browser.
                              You have to use the mesh editor. Enter the console command MeshEditor.Enable and you should see fracture tools in the new mesh editor tab, if they were compiled in this preview.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_LOSER

Hello, I can't add -DX12 to the shortcut end of target, it always say 'the name specified in the target box is invalid'.
                                The Target field should end like this: UE4Editor.exe" -dx12

and not like this UE4Editor.exe -dx12"

Nilson Lima
                                Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                                Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                                supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X